Cooking things you dont do

for me its

i never deep fry anything or use foil in any cooking

But why? Do you like to limit yourself on purpose? Or are you afraid of the oil and tinfoil hats?

I never use meat that i haven't washed. Atleast not if i bought it packaged. And minced is obviously an exception.

>Studies that do exist reveal that wrapping cold or cooled foods in foil for storage did not lead to leeching of any aluminum. However, a study published in 2012 did find that cooking with aluminum at high temps and the use of acidic foods, salt, and spices did perpetuate a greater amount of leeching.

>Bottom Line

>More research may be needed to warrant tossing all your foil in the trash. Determine if the food you prepare comes into contact with foil and assess if this could potentially contribute to a higher than desirable intake of aluminum. If you are concerned about your intake, reserve foil for food storage instead of cooking.

So, what food is even cooked in foil other than baked potatoes and chocolate bananas?

>I never use meat that i haven't washed
Why? You know that washing meat is actually counterproductive from a safety/contamination standpoint, right?

Who gives a shit? Aluminum is nothing to worry about. It's one of the most common elements on earth. We humans are in contact with it all the time. If it was toxic or harmful to us the human race would have died out long ago.

lot of people use them to cover their cooking sheats for easy cleaning.

>>he cooks his baked potatoes in foil
Why do you hate delicious crispy skin?

Same. I dont use salt, oil, sugar, or mammals in cooking.

A lot of people will line baking sheets or dishes with foil to make it easy to clean up in case something spills or gets crusted on. You can also cook things inside foil packets to braise/steam them while cooking.

>Use foil in any cooking?

Do you not cover your meat when you're resting it?

I do half a side of salmon on top of asparagus in the oven that allows for more indirect heat and slight steaming from lemon juice.

>I dont use salt,

I meant more in a bonfire-throw-directly-into-the-fire setup.

I see. I use baking sheets for that

I do, but that doesn't seem to be an issue since you're no longer using high heat?

I'm this user I make a foil pocket for the salmon and put it ontop of the asparagus and close the ends. I don't think I clarified that very well. You couldn't do this cooking method with a baking sheet.

Also when I grill corn I'll sometimes wrap it in foil if I don't want much of a char.

>doesn't seem to be an issue since you're no longer using high heat?

As far as aluminum leeching goes? I don't know. Or is there some other reason you avoid foil?

Leeching is no different than most chemical processes: it can happen at any temperature, but it happens faster when the temperatures are higher.

u can fold a nice pocket out of baking sheet for that

To my knowledge it doesn't seal as well as foil so it won't trap the steam. It certainly doesn't retain the heat as well. If there's some magic trick to getting that to work though I'm all ears.

Use butter

i am aversed to vegetable oils. i don't really know why they just arouse vague mistrust in me. i cook everything in butter or lard. i know it's not healthy in a context of most people's daily intake but i am a paranoid mess so i only really eat once a day and it's usually just fucking bread and butter or bread fried in lard if i'm feeling ambitious

jesus

Why shouldnt I?

Korean and Indian food. I love to go out and enjoy it I just don't like what it takes to prepare and cook.

its the most healthy cooking liquid

what do you use instead?

indian food stinks up the place for days

I don’t buy meat that isn’t grass-fed, cage-free, sustainably farmed or harvested, all that good shit. I’ll cook with other meats if other people have already bought them, but I won’t finance factory farming if at all possible. To that end I eat a lot more chicken and fish than other meats, since it’s easier to find chicken and fish that meet my standards at an affordable price. Plus, chicken farming even at the worst of times doesn’t have as bad an environmental impact as beef or pork, which heavily pollute both the air and water.

is it expensiver than shittier ones?

same here. I buy beef like once every 45 days or so. chicken once a week, fish every couple of weeks. all of it sustainably raised on farms where the birds have name tags and guidance counselors.

honestly if you have trouble making good tasting meals without cheating by adding meat, you pretty much suck at cooking.