Would you eat that thing?

Would you eat that thing?

If so, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin-related_muscle_hypertrophy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what am I looking at here exactly

It looks like a cow.
And if you don't know how to prep an animal for consumption, I suggest you fuck off. This space is for food, not Instagram.

that nigga swole af bruh

As much as I love beef, that is a travesty. Same with those chickens whose breats are so over developed they topple over. I like my livestock free range, pasture fed, and happy until their time comes. And, preferably heritage breeds.

You haven't seen those before? It's a cow that's had a genetic modification made to it that makes it grow mad amounts of muscle.

Isn't there an uncommon genetic defect in some cows where the chemical or whatever that causes muscle loss isn't released and the things just become hulks? I've seen pictures of dogs with it, too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin-related_muscle_hypertrophy

too much muscle and no fat, it's not good food there.

Here is a great quote to add to your quote collection:

>Lacking the ACTN3 protein does not seem to have any harmful health effects, but there does seem to be an effect on sports performance. Several studies have found that Olympic-level power athletes always have at least one working copy of the ACTN3 gene. After studying hundreds of athletes, scientists came to the conclusion that it is probably impossible for someone who lacks the ACTN3 protein to reach the top levels of performance in power sports.

>They were soon proven wrong. While looking for other genes that might determine athletic ability, a Spanish scientist hit upon an exception to the rule: a champion long jumper who has two non-working copies of ACTN3.

>The long jumper has a history of great achievement. He competed at the international level at the age of 16, and went on to compete in several European and World championships. He has also participated in two Olympic games.

>The fact that this long jumper is the first and so far only Olympic power athlete to be found who lacks the "gene for speed" is evidence for how important this gene is in determining this type of athletic ability. But his success is a testament to the fact that genes are not destiny.
-23andme article

why the fuck would I have seen shit like that before you psycho

How new are you?

Those pics have been posted in news articles for years. Not to mention they're plastered all over Veeky Forums. I'd figure that you'd pretty much have to be living under a rock not to have encountered a pic of a muscled up cow before, ESPECIALLY if you like to visit sites like Veeky Forums.

Is that a battletoad?

Do you have battletoads?

T H I C C

It's a Belgian Blue. It's not "genetically modified" but rather created from selective breeding.

mirin
also you eat steak with horseradish cream and steamed greens on the side

So genetically modified. Got it.

Selectively breeding animals to magnify their most undesirable traits is fucked. Not anything new under the sun, bit still fucked.

>scroll through thread
>no BRAAAAAP posts

Surprised tbdesu

*blocks the meat and dairy sections*

>It's not "genetically modified"
Come on user.
Selective breeding is just what people did before they had the technology to do gene mapping and splicing.
"Genetically modified" is only a scare-word to people that don't know the science behind things like selective breeding and hybridization. The stuff we need to be careful with is gene manipulation, since we haven't had the time to study it's effect fully.

In that case every domesticated animal is "genetically modified" and using the term at all is just needless wear and tear on your keyboard.

>Not anything new under the sun
Stop that.

I'm belgian and I hate this shitty breed. Literally no flavor at all, and you can barely find a beef product here that doesn't come from those shitty cows. Hell even beef mince in supermarkets is fat free, most people haven't heard of an 80/20. Aside from massive fillet mignons for dick waving there is really no reason to buy that shit.

>In that case every domesticated animal is "genetically modified"
Yes and all of the produce as well.

>and using the term at all is just needless wear and tear on your keyboard.
You are starting to get it.

blame the boomers for demonising salt and fat while stuffing their and our faces with carbs
>Hell even beef mince in supermarkets is fat free
got any real butchers?
go to one and get some minced, they'll have plenty of fat

Most butchers don't even have any other kind of beef since the majority of cows in the country are belgian blue. People are so used to fat free beef that they don't serve mince that isn't fat free. I have to go to some hipster farmer and buy a piece of a cow to be butchered or buy imported beef to get anything decent.

this thing looks like a fucking meme
kill it

That's a hefty pair of balls.

>even beef mince in supermarkets is fat free
Holy shit that truly must be suffering to live there.

I want to stand next to it while it eats grass and drum on its back like a bongo. Patta patta pat pat.

Actually, those are small for bull balls. That breed has small testicles or something. I just read it on Wikipedia. Now you know. Don't forget to donate to the Wikimedia foundation so I can learn interesting food facts such as these and share them with Veeky Forums! If the FCC faggots kill Net Neutrality they'll need more donations to pay the extra fees to our cable company overlords (who do not give a shit about interesting things about giant cow breeds with tiny testicles).

>I just read it on Wikipedia
Don't you lie to me. You knew that information already.

I really did not. Although thanks to Net Neutrality, for the time being I will satiate my curiosity about the relative sizes of food livestock's testicles.

>Yes and all of the produce as well.
would you stfu ? you sound like one of those "smarter kids with the nasally voice" back when i was in hisghschool.
just stfu and let the dude in your room breed your boyhole.

People actually eat them? I can't imagine there's ANY marbling at all on those steaks.
I shouldn't be surprised, though. It's not like a supermarket chicken has any flavour compared to on from your yard either.

Thank you. I didn't realise they were showing.

Veeky Forums reactionaries now call selective breeding genetic modification in order to further obfuscate the GMO debate, despite everyone else using the a different and generally agreed upon definition