Growlers vs 6 packs of craft beer

I just bought my girlfriend a monogrammed growler like pic related for Christmas because she's a huge beer snob.

I usually get 6 packs but I will drink all mine in a day or two. Any of you guys get your growler filled more than you buy six packs? Is there really a point besides it being cheaper?

Only time I fill a growler is if I want to get a specific bar beer that wont be in a 6 pack. Like some local bars here have great beers that wont be in stores ever so I use the growler for that.

Any other time I just buy whatever kind of beer/liquor I want.

if you're going to consume it within 12ish hours of buying it, the taste is much better than canned or bottles.

THough personally i usually only get casks/infusions filled from local breweries for my growler and end up buying cans for standard fair.

They're for alcoholics mostly, and people who want to show off how "indie" their drinking habits are

For maximum douchebaggery, get a hand made growler cage for your lugged steel touring bike. Because nothing says "indie" like drinking 6 units of alcohol before riding at night with no helmet (that's how they do it in Amsterdam!)

Kill yourself hipster normal fag trash

>Is there really a point besides it being cheaper?

Re-using a container is better for the environment than tossing a six-pack of empties every other day

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Growlers are good for beer that you can't get in a 6 pack. If you can buy something in cans, as long as it isn't too old, you're better off. I took a few growlers to my family Thanksgiving, filled with beer from a hugely popular local brewery that you could only get in the taproom.

The beer in them goes flat before 2 days are up.

If you can't finish your beer in two days for some reason then stick a tap on it.

>alcoholic
>indie
What am I supposed to do if my neighborhood brewery doesn't distribute and I want to drink a few pints at home? Not sure how that's showing off.

Buying beer in a growler is hilariously not hipster at all. Besides, this is Veeky Forums. If you want to pull your 'ree normies get out' bullshit, go back to /r9k/.

Sealed growlers should be fresh for 4 or 5 days. 2 days once you open it.

there was a time when fags like you and op didn't wander outside of facebook, a time when shitposting actually meant something, now i just don't know

Is that Yhivi?

I think it's Ashly Burch. Sister of that guy I'm thankfully not.

Sealed growlers last for like 2 weeks. Once opened its good for roughly 24 hours

>huge beer snob
Go play in traffic

Growlers are cool and often slightly cheaper than a 6 pack for the same volume however
>You have to drink it all within 24h of opening it
>You have to drive to the brewery to get it filled up, so the money you save is lost in gas and time getting there

increasingly seeing threads where i feel like the person doesnt belong on Veeky Forums or the same Veeky Forums as me. maybe we need /fagck/ or something?

>"my growler"

get the fuck out

hows your bud lite you fucking out of place retard.

We're on a food board and you're criticizing people who try beers you can only get on tap? Fuck out of here.

>MUH SEKRIT CLUB
The only people who try to lay claim to boards are newfags and autists.
t. decade user

Its time to go to bed gramps.

stop sucking so much dick captain reddit

bud light is the only beer you can find in a bottle?

which slave state is that?

I don’t think you’re using the meme correctly
t. actual decade user
ps that isn’t something to brag about, but I guess it’s just a job to you, vlad

>hurr durr anything other than budweiser is fer faggits

Stick to facebook, Cleetus.

which slave state are you in

Use a milk jug.

>getting this mad over a girlfriend

Veeky Forums is not /r9k/. If anyone does not belong here, it is you. I don't think I have ever seen this sort of animosity here. I must assume you just arrived at this board. Read more and post less.

>You have to drive to the brewery to get it filled up, so the money you save is lost in gas and time getting there
do you get all your 6 packs delivered to your house?

>owning a "growler"

stick to your fixie, soybeard openmouth

>I don't think I have ever seen this sort of animosity here

gee perhaps you should consider that the subject at hand is something only discussed by people who think they're better than others because they have beards and black framed glasses

craft beer discussion isn't Veeky Forums go to /soc/ thanks

>Growlers are cool and often slightly cheaper than a 6 pack for the same volume however
Not typically true. A growler holds 64 ounces while a six pack of 12oz cans or bottles totals 72 ounces. Also the cheapest growler fills I can find are about $12-$13, usually more depending on where and what I buy. So the best you'll do with a growler is get a little less for a little more, but if you can get something in a can you shouldn't be buying a growler of it anyway.

You've got some issues, buddy. Growlers are for hipsters? Craft beer is /soc/? Where the fuck are you from? How did you form this severely distorted world view? Seek help.

I play bike polo OP, so I'm surrounded by fixie riding hipsters and ultra libtards quite a bit. I see the growler thing as revving up consumerism to a broke generation as most people I know have more than 1 growler, and they talk about the pro's and cons of each endlessly and how different types of beers affect them. The guys that own growlers and do this are quick to turn their nose up when I show up with pints of macrobrew, the guys that just enjoy craft beer and buy cans or bottles typically will drink a coors or pbr if I bring it. Hope that helps

Be honest. Have you ever been to a brewery taproom?

Theres already a beer general that you could have asked in. Instead you chose to make your own snowflake thread about muh gf. But I digress I know reddit users don’t use the catalog in the first place

I didn't make this thread
Beer general is not containment
I don't use Reddit
I actually helped op and answered their questions
You are sad, go post a fazolis thread or something

Ok then, let’s be buddies. See you on the boards bro

>Growlers are for hipsters? Craft beer is /soc/?

yes

I don't drink beer. Also such things don't exist in normal areas

>I don't drink beer.
IhaveenteredathreadfullofthingsIdon'tlikeandnowIamangryhowcouldthisbehappening.jpg

I'm not angry at anything, just keep your faggot open mouth numale black glasses beard shit on reddit or snapchat where it belongs

buying beer some arab faggot jerked off into for $47 a "Growler" isn't Veeky Forums, you aren't making anything. fuck off.

kek

I like the way beer makes me feel about myself :^)

>black glasses
those were for hipsters over 10 years ago

which slave state?

and they're for numales now. you don't have enough friends, money, or influence to be a "hipster"

if everyone shopping for eyewear at fucking Lens Crafters is a “nu male”, including women. actual hip people have shifted to wireframe or at least clear acetate

so I’ll ask you again: which slave state?

"growler" is a better name for a good hard dump than a vessel for transporting beer.

I like the fact that it uses less packaging.
In my brain:
Less packaging = smaller Ecologocial footprint

Careful, they'll revoke your bike license

>posting a serious beer thread
Aaaaaand it got shitposted to death

I usually just get crowlers though if I can help it, or half growlers

MS, but we're one of the hippest states going with the highest number of bud light drinkers per capita in the US!

>Less packaging = smaller Ecologocial footprint

buying from a local craft brewery instead of a major producer means every 12oz of beer costs about 40x, 50x more waste to produce. no, i'm not exaggerating.

totes OP. Me and my girl are big on the growler scene in our city. Although it feels like it's becoming more and more commercial. I liked it better when there so many dude-bro phonies crowded are breweries.

Growler sounds like a gay sex move

How useful are those? Used to work at a bottle shop/taproom and the owner never wanted to carry those for some reason.

Growlers are more expensive per ounce, but retard millennials think they are hip so they waste $ while complaining about being broke

>I'm not exaggerating except about the 40-50X

Small producers create more waste, same with small farms versus industrial farming

www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opinion/sunday/why-industrial-farms-are-good-for-the-environment.html

>tfw finally get a crowler for the taproom

So much better and less wasted beer than a growler

You fucking brainlet do you even know where brewers get their ingredients from? It's not smaller local farms you dumb nigger

the guy I buy beer from literally grows his own grain, stop being such a flyover

Growlers are best if you're going to drink the beer within 2 days and either know you want at least 2 litres of it or are bringing to a social event. If you want to try something new and just sample it, just buy a single can or bottle. Most breweries will sell both options.