Proper way to eat a hot dog

I have always eaten my hot dogs facing up (1), because that way, it's harder for mustard and other stuff to fall off. However, I have been watching some hot dog reviews and I have noticed ALL of the reviewers eat their hot dogs sideways (2) and that has made me question the axioms of my life. Have I been living in a lie? Why would people eat hot dogs sideways if that makes it easier for condiments to fall off the dog? Where does Veeky Forums stand on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

hot-dog.org/
hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-etiquette
meatinstitute.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=T69HDek6a3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why tho, whats wrong with 1. food reviewers are weird

Never in my life seen a person eat a weiner sideways like that, sounds pretty dumb.

hot dogs are shaped like a horizontal oval
your mouth is shaped like a vertical oval

the answer is simple
turn your head sideways, not the hot dog

why should i submit myself to a lowly hot dog

>condiments between the bun and hot dog
>wrap hotdog in paper
eat dog side down

a hotdog is a sandwich and should be eaten as such

>caring about what hotdog reviewers are doing
The sort of person who would eat a hotdog sideways is the sort of idiot who would make hotdog review videos.

What is that type of nose even called?

half jew half asian, so normal i guess.

heh

This is like asking "proper way to rape a woman"
answer is: proper way is not eating junk food at all.

That's how you fuck up and get HDNS. Didn't your parents teach you anything about TNS?

Why does the '2' look like a 'Z'?

The same reason the bun looks like a cashew.

I know Veeky Forums is full of roasties but christ, tone it down Dworkin.

>Sideways

I feel like he's always on the edge of doing an impression of Micky Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

The official American National Hot Dog & Sausage Council hot dog eating etiquette guide recommends eating hot dogs with the bun opening facing upwards (like OP llustrated in 1). According to the experts, this is the best way to eat your hot dogs because, as mentioned by the OP, it prevents toppings from falling off the dog. It shouldn't be eaten sideways as a sandwich because according to the Federal American Meat Institute, hot dogs are not sandwiches.
Sources:
hot-dog.org/
hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-etiquette
meatinstitute.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=T69HDek6a3k

How the fuck does a country manage to have an official sausage and hotdog council but not a functioning government?
Priorities are all wrong.

Boy you ain't seen nothing yet

>Federal American Meat Institute
It's not federal. It's an independent organization.

You can call yourself "National" all you want, it doesn't mean you're a government entity. Stop being retarded.

If it applies to the whole country it's technically federal. Like the Federal Express.

see
Just because you say "National" it doesn't mean you're a government organization. It's not "technically" anything.

And this lack of bold flavor is why your shitty country will never win the World Series.

Tumblr nose