Why does it have to be that the objectively best snack is also the most expensive...

Why does it have to be that the objectively best snack is also the most expensive? I can't wait until we can 3D print cheap meat so jerky prices will go down.

It is now $8 for a 3.5oz bag here.
$36.57 A pound. Before tax, if applicable.

It is no longer bought by anyone, this industry is dead, I can seriously get 13 steaks instead of two handfuls of beef jerky.

I hope Jack Link's rots. I contacted them and they said they have no control over what stores sell their product for. Fucking ridiculous. Pistachios are only $27 a pound.

Just make it yourself.

>just drop a couple hundred on the equipment

Well you can do it in an oven with a pilot light, but I'm not into it.

The real problem here is THIRTY FUCKING EIGHT DOLLARS A POUND.

I want to but I'm worried about doing it right.

Where the fuck are you that it costs so much? 3 oz bags are $3-5 where I live. Then again, I do live in the beef capital of the U.S.

Still $26 a lb at that price

>another millennial complains because food isn't free thread

>complain about jerky being expensive (it's not)
>People suggest you make it yourself and spend twice as much for something that tastes worse

he wasn't saying it was cheap, just cheaper than what you get it for

get the fuck off my anime imageboard gramps

When I was a kid I remember it being 10$ an lb
Why did the price of jerky go up so high?

Jerky is easy to make, just time consuming.
You can get close to 6 lbs of good beef for it for $20ish dollars at costco, and the jerky kits can be as cheap as $10 for 25lbs of jerky (usually 5 flavors and 5 packs of cure).
The downside is w/o a dehydrator you have to put it in an over at a low temp for 4+ hours.

This. Pre-trimmed and sliced top round can be had for a good price at costco, it's where I buy all my jerky meat. That said, it's expensive for a reason. You're losing about 50-60% of weight when dehydrating beef, plus factoring in things like the soy sauce, spices and just plain time, it's not surprising it's getting more expensive, especially with the rising cost of Beef. I've been experimenting with Turkey Jerky more often lately due to the cheaper costs of turkey meat. Just the bitchy part is getting boneless breasts without having to special order them from a butcher.

I buy mine from the butcher. It is amazing and cheaper.

The other reason jerky is becoming expensive is a once snack of truckers and outdoorsman is becoming hipster food. So it's easier to charge more.

>Dehydration makes beef heavier

Millennials are retarded

Right now it is $13/lb on amazon.

25lb to 6 lb = heavier? Are you a retard?

What the fuck are you even talking about? He said that you can get 6lbs of decent beef for $20 and that you can also get a kit that can make 25 lbs of jerky, not that you can turn 6lbs of beef into 25lbs of jerky.

Milennials really are retarded.

This has to be bait. There is no way you are this terrible at reading comprehension.

Dude! Life is so much easier and cheaper and better if you live it in a more expesnive complicated way!
Retard.

>twice as much
>pound of beef jerky is $15
>5lbs of meat + jerky seasoning is like $22