Duck Bacon

I got some duck bacon and am trying to think of a way to serve it in my restaurant. It holds shape well and is low, well dispersed fat. So far:

cut into noodle like strips that can be spiraled to rest cool, or as skewers, or as lattice.

I'm not sure what to pair with though, I'm inland florida. Any ideas?

PS it's shame there can't be audio because it sounds sexy af

This is interesting. Never had it. How is this made, I'm curious.

What kind of restaurant is it?

Just thinking about something simple like a toasted bread (baguette?) duck bacon and fruit ketchup (raspberry? blackberry?). Simple but I believe it would be delicious.

Crumble over an elevated shrimp and grits with a good melty cheese in it like Brie or Gruyere and a smokey element like chipotle pepper or smoked oyster sauce.

Wrap it on sirloin

Maybe you can make a play on a BLT. I wouldn't go to fancy and serve it in a way that really highlights the bacon. Maybe you can use a sundried tomato and dressed arugula instead of lettuce.

Just one more idea.

How about duck bacon, some aged cheese and shallot confit.

Put it in mac and some type of smoked cheese

is french inspired american mostly. We serve tuna/sol/chicken/filet/reindeer/kangaroo atm

We mostly work with wine so we stay away from sweet dishes but I'll try some that out for sure

overdone af

That sounds good but making a confit of bacon kinda ruins the joy of solid bacon yah know?

I was thinking a confit of duck fat and maybe pork/scallops served with the bacon?

>duck
>bacon
>complaining about things that are overdone

How is it made and from what part of the duck?

>comes onto Veeky Forums looking for ideas
>disparages 4 out of 5 of them
What the fuck do you expect, you fucking mongoloid? Maybe if you had any creativity you wouldn't be here looking for handouts.

>food items
>how they're served
which one can be really changed?

Not sure desu

The texture is that of perfect sous vide pork bacon, firm and chewy with crisp exterior. Quite accommodating to overcooking, just seems to crisp harder.

just serve as is like a fucking dunce

I expected nothing different I'm just pointing out to anyone actually thinking with me that those ideas are obvious and not of interest

The taste is earthly, like mushroom jerky fried in duck fat

That's like asking a physics question of a 1st grader and being an asshole when they get it wrong. I'm just pointing out that you're a worthless prick and not of interest.

How about crystallising it?

Eggs Benedict with the bacon instead of ham?

only your insecurity considers me an asshole, I call it communicating which is the patch to results
thx

candied bacon?

Yeah look up Heston Blumenthal's bacon and egg ice cream

Projection: the post.

lunch dinner only, however we have some quail eggs... Which i'd only want to serve raw, but that'd squeem out the customers

>I call it communicating

Wut we got hyar, is a failure tuh communicate!

AND I DONT NEEEED YO CIVIL WUUAAAAGGGHHHH

since i came to Veeky Forums I expected a tolerance for autistic brevity

You're a faggot and you started the thread with completely inane ideas like "skewers or lattice"

>using a shitty non-stick pan and electric stove
lel

Orlando? Where did you find this?

Hi, I'm french, poor some orange juice on those things to caramelize it, that's what my grandma used to do and it was pretty good. You can serve it with some cooked apple, the taste of caramel and fruit goes well with duck.

I make a broth every winter using duck bacon

Just make a fancy BLT

>Restaurant
>Supposed chef
>Coils

I like this too thanks

A lot of you are missing the idea of making the bacon the notable component of the dish, think a special appetizer with small serving size.

The hate is too great to respond to individually but yes

Take a dried fig cut it in half, scoop out seeds and stuff with high quality blue cheese or a good gruyere wrap duck bacon around and bake. Delicious appetizer

So go out and buy some nice free-range chicken eggs, you sperg. Or even duck eggs, which would make the dish more substantial as well.