Why is Korea so lacking in unique dishes? Everything seems to be derived from Japan and SEA countries

Why is Korea so lacking in unique dishes? Everything seems to be derived from Japan and SEA countries.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feces_wine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bulgolgi isn't Korean? I'm pissed

Korea has some of the least cultural legacy in the world. Only niggers have less heritage than Koreans.

>korean cuisine
>derived from southeast asian countries
lolwut?
korean cuisine is as derived from SEA as italian cuisine is derived from surinamese

Because it's a tiny little island that no one cares about. It has the same land mass as Maine for fucks sake.

>Everything seems to be derived from Japan
The whole country is like that not just their food
>inb4 assmad koreaboos

This is the same country whose national heroes are prostitutes who rode Jap cocks and one of whose only original culinary creations were wine made from human shit, keep in mind.

Korea isn't an island.

korean food is similar to northern chinese food but with chili paste in everything. it's not like japan at all.

>it's a tiny little island
>Korea
>amerimongrel """"""""""""education""""""""""""""

t. Chinese

go fuck yourself, btw.

Why does this board hate on Korean food so much?

Are you guys all flyovers who don't want to admit a tiny-ass country that's spent more time conquered by China and Russia than your own country has more culture than yours?

Peninsula, whatever.

that's just outright rude and ignorant and I don't mean the nigger part.

Spotted the butthurt Kim

t. korean phone poster

weebs think it's cool to hate on korea just like japan senpai.

Are you fucking retarded!?

Pretty sure Japanese food and Korean food are completely unrelated. However if you want to talk about stealing cultures you really shouldn’t use Japan as an example lol

And Japanese food is mostly derived from Chinese and western cuisine.

Because Korean food is boring is fuck.
1. Take thinly sliced marinated poverty meat and grill with vegetables
2. Make soup with thinly sliced meat and vegetables
3. Ferment
4. Ferment
5. Ferment
Also add rice

>I have never had korean

O B S E S S E D

Don't forget the poo between 4 and 5

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feces_wine

Is that like Jenkem or some shit (pardon the pun)?

I have. I'll say Korean street food vendors come up with some cool snacks based on youtube videos I've seen but the actual core of Korean cuisine is boring.

They are pretty distinct but "completely unrelated" is a stretch. Lots of common ingredients and some similar dishes like maki sushi/gimbap

Korea is lacking in unique anythings.

That's like saying the core of Italian cooking is boring because its "just pasta" or the core of german cooking is boring because its "just sausage"
People who bitch about korean food being all the same are the same people who think their local chink shop is representative of chinese food or that japanese food is all sushi and ramen.
In short: They're idiots.
Yeah, maybe if you want to reduce everything down to "WELL ITS JUST NOODLES" then maybe its not super diverse, but by that logic nothing in ASEA is.

ehh, korean food does tend to use a handful of seasonings (garlic, chili, sesame, soy) in a very large proportion of dishes.
I happen to like those flavors but if you didn't I could see how you would find their frequent use repetitive and boring

>ehh, italian food does tend to use a handful of seasonings (garlic, lemon, parmesan, onion) in a very large proportion of dishes.
See what I mean?
Reductionist attitudes to cuisine always lead to " is bland because its all !"
People who think all korean food is garlic and gochujang have never really had much korean food. It's like somebody complaining about mexican by going to chipotle every day.

Fuck all of you Veeky Forums I thought you guys were cool

t. Assdevastated Korean

Seems to me it’s more of a medicinal thing, at least according to the Wikipedia article linked. There’s actually some precedent in Western medicine for the benefits of poop, but only really in the case of fecal transplants for people suffering from IBS and other gastrointestinal issues caused by a problem with gut flora. I doubt mixing shit with alcohol and drinking it has a similar effect though.

Korean foods in the USA is like 1/5-ish of Korean foods in Korea. But what the Koreans accomplished to the world is Korean style marinated fried chicken with awesome batters.

The fact mulnaengmyeon and back-alley korean BBQ isn't common in the states depresses the shit out of me.

You're right in that it's wrong to make universal claims about cuisine. I'm sure anyone could find at least one Korean dish that they like. Even when I was an incredibly picky tastelet as a kid I liked hotteok, for example.
But I think it's fair to make generalizations about cuisines, since they really do vary in what flavors they use most frequently. If you don't like garlic and chili, you can still find korean foods to enjoy, but it will be a significantly reduced fraction of them. As a result you will enjoy korean food less on average than the cuisines of countries that don't heavily use those ingredients.

Korean fried chicken is top tier I'll give you that

what are you talking abooout op

Bibimbap is just gook for donburi, no? seems to have met that conclusion.

korean culture was legitimately erased by japan lol you can't blame them

the food might be samey but it's all good as a result

your fried chicken owns and so does the soju keep it up my dude

koreans plagiarized their entire culture
in fact, I would go so far as to say korean culture IS the very act of taking something from another country and retroactively pretending it is one of your ancient traditions from thousands of years ago

This.

Listen you spastic monkeytard, after years of shitposting your insecurities on here people have had it. It's not "obsessed", it's fed up with muricans bringing the weakest argument, then proceeds to get complete roasted in every single way, and then pathetically try to shrug it off with a "haha I was just pretending to be retarded". Just go away!

>Bulgogi

Mor like Bulldoggi

Because it's boring and not that good. When you see someone praising Korean food a bit too much, it's surely overrated. Of course you can treat yourself but it's nowhere as diverse and delicious as Chinese and Japanese.
And I'm talking about authentic, not Westernized version of any of these.

Korea is the only one who shakes a lunch box.

Why would any country imitate japan's food? What do they have? Fish on rice? Curry that looks like dog diarrhea? What a joke.

their spicy bbq is some of the very best food for alcoholics to be quite honest

I don't know why but korea did. No wonder everything in their food culture is shit

So I talked to my cousin in Chicago the other day and it turns out Korean food is becoming somewhat fashionable in flyover land these days, like all the white neighborhoods in Chicago now have "Korean tapas" and funny stuff like that, and everyone is acting like they've never seen kimchi before (it's fully plausible they really haven't, bearing in mind that even liking avocados is considered politically questionable)

Now, Chicago is a pretty tolerant city by flyover standards, they think of themselves as being on the same level as a real city, so now pretend for a minute you're in Dubuque and then remember most of these angry flyovers still think black glasses are for cool hip fashion forward individuals

The reaction to korean food in the last year or so on this board reminds me of the early days of Veeky Forums when everyone was buttmad about the newfangled sriracha, which apparently was just reaching the midwest for the first time in the mid 2000s

>curry that looks like dog diarrhea
have you seen Mediterranean, arabian or indian food? Denouncing a meal completely by how it looks is retarded

Korean meals are not beautiful.

Korean gift set.

That guy might very well be an American but you don't know it, for all you know he might as well be an Italian or a Georgian. This board doesn't have flags and that post showed nothing that indicated what country they are from.

Spam in Asia is made of higher quality cuts than spam found in America.

How the hell would you know if it was a American poster? I think it's just all you retards actually obsessing over Americans and just seeing us everywhere when we're not. Why not going to see a psychologist or something for your compulsion?
This

The products released by the US military was a longing food.
Immediately after World War II, in Japan it was a longing food.
Metallic tableware that shines silver. Processed meat.
In Korea, spam is a yearning food, even now.

thats kegogi you idiot

>island

Jjajangmyeon has neither garlic or chili and is an extremely common dish, very popular.
It's not hard to find dishes that don't have those ingredients.

Gimme

why the fuck would you use culinary scissors like that? jesus christ.

I'm and I just realized I missed the part where that poster compared Korea's size to Maine's which makes it likely that the poster is an American.
Anyway, some posters do seem obsessed about Americans, perhaps they are just jelly of them.

Welcome to Korean "cuisine"

"korean"

Morbid curiosity is not the same as obsession.
It’s like being at a zoo or a Victorian freak show.

Korean foods I like
tteokbokki (stir-fried rice cakes)
bibimbap (mixed rice with meat and veggies)
jjajangmyeon (noodles with black bean sauce)
naengmyeon (buckwheat cold noodles)
yangnyeom chicken (fried chicken with spicy and sweet sauce)

Korean foods I hate
kimchi
any banchans (korean side dishes)

Is high-quality food used for instant noodles?

>only original culinary creations were wine made from human shit
What

>right over your head

google what that is and where it came from and you'll find out
its fucking amazing when you go out drinking with friends

It's almost like Japan colonized Korea for decades...

>that spacing
just how reddit has been colonizinh Veeky Forums for decades

You know, come to think of it you can't really just drive to it from China because of North Korea. It's actually a lot like an island?

Furthermore 60% face mongrelposting is lefties trying to break down trust between what they view as conspiratorial white supremacy, unfortunately due to independence being the primary white value and thus the total lack of a conspiracy whites who don't know the history of le 60% face don't even realize they're being addressed.

Zhazhamien is a Chinese dish you fucking moron. Popular in China but by no means a delicacy, which goes to show

So that stuff's easier to pick up with chopsticks.

>It's actually a lot like an island?
No its not, that's not what an island is. It has to be surrounded on ALL sides by water, not crappy other countries.
What kind of idiot tries mental gymnastics on the definition on 'island'?

>soju
>sweetened diluted absolute ethanol distilled from petrochemicals is "good"
wew

>any banchan
>doesn't like Korean potato salad, soy potatoes, Korean sweet potatoes, those fried peanut things, that orange colored squash that they cut into cubes, or pickled radish

nah we cool.

btw is it cool if I drop by in a couple weeks?

wow, entire /decades/ of mistreatment?

>fed up with muricans
that was all me

singapore is actually a little island. they got stellar food

Pretty sure youre thinking of Taiwan

You just proved his point dumbass.

2/3

It is more about...well. if you'very been to korean there's an absolute lack of variety. It'shows always grilled meat. Or soup. Or ttaekbokki. Or Kim chi. Round and round they go.
One korean food restaurant will have the same menu as another.
If you see other culture's food there are so much restaurantso that varies on specialty.

3/3
Really the difference between any other Asian countries and Japan, is that Japanese are disgusting revisionists. Every 2nd world countries go through bench-marking another better product. Japan is the only country that denies it.

Why not just make fried rice in the first place?

Sorry for my retarded typing, phone posting.

nice culture you got there

You're a special stupid aren't you ? That title is given to china.

what is that, ramen?