FOIE GRAS BUTTHURT

If you feel that foie gras is inhumane, this thread is not for you.
This is a real life email chain with a butthurt vegan.

1/3

2/3

Pic, sry

3/3

>tfw I have foie gras and cherry jam

I ain't reading all that shit, but have fun.

Well, Mark's not wrong. Lots of meat industry practices are abhorrent and I get why some people would have a problem with that. The only reason I don't is because I've been instilled with a nihilistic indifference by the meat-eating society of which I am a part.

However, Mark's tone makes me want to slap him. What's a vegan doing going to a steakhouse in the first place, and why bitch about the foie gras? The steak probably suffered too.

It is a lot. In my position I have to be eloquently diplomatic with people

I say, life feeds off of life. This guy is a faggot.
Everything suffers.
He would probably kill OP to avenge some geese.
Human life means less to mark than a stupid animal

>i will certainly never be coming to your restaurant

this right here is like the culmination of every bit of stupidity in the US these days. this dude was literally never EVER going to be coming to your restaurant. he's a fucking vegan. what vegan would ever go to a STEAKhouse?

people make huge deals out of how unbelievably smugly self-righteous they are for not doing something or taking some valiant stand against something that they would absolutely never partake in, and then threatening a boycott of this thing they they would never do. who do they think cares? this is like when lefties make a stink about tits in video games; who the fuck cares if someone who was never going to buy your game to begin with is going around saying "i'm not going to buy this game"

fucking christ, man

>current year
>phoneposting
>phoneposting a screenshot
>doesn't like foie gras

Go blog about it somewhere else, faggot.

You're cute. I'm at work

Thanks fellow human. I wish you well in life.

>When I go to your restaurant that serves meat, that involves killing animals, I don't want to see meat products in it that involves force feeding animals first.

>"We understand your concern, but you do understand that if we take an item away from one person we may lose them as a customer, and considering we serve meat here, and most of our customers eat said meat, that could be bad for business."

>Well, I will not be a customer!

This is like getting upset at a gas station because it produces C02, then telling them you will no longer use their free air pump for your fucking bike.

>logic

>oh hey Hitler can you stop gassing jews
>dear customer we appreciate your concern but my friend wants me to keep gassing jews to death so Imma keep doing it but you're welcome to watch if you want
>heh it takes all kinds, right? life is a rich tapestry and some people just like gassing jews ok? so just try to be tolerant, or else who is the real nazi here?

>geese
>people

You're retarded.

We have foie gras on our menu because fuck geese.

WHAT A STORY MARK

Geese are flying devils, they deserve any shit they get.

>excuse me I would like to have my friend back, are you quite done raping her?
>I appreciate your concern but do you see that webcam? hundreds of people are watching me rape your friend and they are paying lots of money! perhaps you should consider what others want you selfish bastard!

Your argument makes absolutely no sense any way you word it friend. We are talking about the difference between animal rights and human rights.

And to counterpoint you're retarded argument, everybody is just watching the slave trade in Lybia right now, not doing a goddamned thing

>excuse me I would like to have my friend back
Nice try Mr Vegan

But to MARK, they are beautiful self aware beings with gorgeous consciousness of soul

Fucking vegans

Why not just breed birds without a satiety reflex?
Domestic dogs barely have satiety reflexes. Nor do humans with Prader Willi. Can't be that fucking hard to breed and train a goose to gorge itself.

and just why should I care about Syrians? They don't speak English and aren't from the same country as me.

That's what you sound like arguing that animal shouldn't have rights

Nice point.
>trips checked
I think the problem with that would be we were toying around with genetics like god.
I think we should legalize stem cells first

>Syrians

I said Libya, bud. And we could care because we killed their dictator and threw their country to the wolves.
Also..... this isn't /pol

Animals are fucking animals and we have the dominion to eat them.
Humans are different in everyway. I'm not talking about boiling dogs alive but geese are fucking retarded and their fattened livers are so delicious.
I'm sorry, are you feeling offended?

People who whine about foie gras share one thing in common with people who whine about guns, they never tried.

oh no, we killed their dictator? that's totally worse than enslaving their entire species and injecting them with hormones and antibiotics and forcing generation after generation of them to live swimming in their own feces

You can probably use old fashioned breeding over a few generations to develop super gorgers.

Why are you still comparing animals to humans?
I'm starting to think that you are retarded.
Would you kill a person to save the life of 10 geese?
Do you devalue human life so much that you would put an animal if, given the situation, would eat it's fucking offspring to survive?

>muh dogs

you're no better than vegans

I'm down. But, the snowflakes would riot in the streets and burn shit

I've never tried dog. Is it good? I've had horse.
Are you Chinese?

>how dare you question my right to enjoy an unhealthy fatty delicacy
>would you really deprive me of this luxurious joy simply to avoid torturing an innocent animal?
>not having foie gras to eat would be an even worse form of torture!

Actually, I've heard about ethical foie gras where they basically let the geese run wild on a big open ranch with food fucking everywhere. The geese get huge and fat and live dope lives, aside from maybe some of their buddies getting snatched up by predators. Obviously their livers don't get as big as force-fed geese and cost a lot more, but hey, it's possible

Animals are property.

This is from someone who has unironically been unable to butcher and process anything past chicken and fish for over a decade.

I know its Veeky Forums and that means shit but animals are not human therefore they are not worth the same equality.

nervous system =/= equal rights.

/thread

Thanks chad

Fucking this. Fuck geese.

Based Chad.

Wait, is that true? Foie gras is banned in some places?

I'll give you one fat fucking guess which US state has banned it

Texas because we don't eat faggot birds.

birds are more valuable and better being than jew anyway

You're kind of stupid

Geese naturally gorge themselves every year before migration

At least the jews can construct a coherent sentence.

This thread reinforces my theory that vegans are sociopaths who have misdirected the empathy they should feel for humanity onto animals in an attempt to stay semi sane.

is foie gras even the good shit, I saw truffles and it always paraded around as the pinicle of culinary arts, I just had truffles for the first time (enriching some goat cheese or something) and it was so fucking good, can foie gras really be what it's cracked up to be?

I never quite understood why it matters how you treat an animal you're going to kill and eat anyway. Who cares if they're smart? You're going to eat it. What does it matter if it suffers/is uncomfortable before it dies? You're going to kill and eat it anyway. The moment someone decided it was destined for a plate, it's life is already over

Shoving a metal pipe down a goose's throat is surely incredibly painful, but you know what's worse? Being killed

Exactly, they hate their family and don't have kids to love and care for. Humans need something to love and protect so we end up with vegans, rapefugee lovers and cat ladies, all broken humans

Nah I disagree we should be respectful of the animals that provide food for us and try to give them a decent quality of life

>What does it matter if it suffers/is uncomfortable before it dies? You're going to kill and eat it anyway.

I think if an animal is in fear or pain immediately before death (so not like bullet to the head instakill) it can affect the quality of the meat.

Even the native americans understood this shit user.

explain it to me though. Why? Whether you respect the animal or not, you're still going to kill and eat it. You're ending that animal's potential to influence the world by taking it out of the running. There's nothing more disrespectful to something's existence than that

Trying to make up for it by being comforting just seems stupid.

>I think if an animal is in fear or pain immediately before death (so not like bullet to the head instakill) it can affect the quality of the meat.

It's true. Some people like that though.

Understood what exactly? It all seems like anthropomorphizing to me. Which is a natural human thing to do but it's still a dumb thing to do

>explain it though
They are sentient while alive and experience suffering. The same reason you wouldn’t torture any other animal.

And killing something is not inherently disrespectful. It can be done respectfully

And they died out for their stupidity. Not that it's even true, it's just an ancient meme of the Noble savage. Mark Twain described them more accurately

so because it can suffer, you're obligated to try to decrease its suffering? Why does it matter if you're going to kill it?

>The same reason you wouldn’t torture any other animal.

you don't torture animals for no reason at all. If you're going to eat the animal, it's a different story

>And killing something is not inherently disrespectful. It can be done respectfully

I have to disagree on this. From a biological standpoint, the entire point of a being's existence is to perpetuate its species. Ending that being's life literally cucks it out of its purpose.

Well I guess it's fine to kill something that's infertile or too old to breed. Or is sickly and not going to be able to breed because of that anyway

>you don’t torture animals for no reason at all
Right that’s what I’m saying and if anything it applies even more to an animal you’re going to eat. Now in the case of like foie gras or veal there is a reason I suppose. But stuffing the goose isn’t accompanied by beating it with a stick or tearing off it’s beak just to make it suffer

And so with killing it’s just an extension of that. Make it clean and quick

>It's true. Some people like that though.
Fair enough.

My best friend runs a farm and treats his livestock like pets, and it's the tastiest meat I've ever had.

>Tfw fondest memory is his daughter and mine picking out a lamb to slaughter for Christmas the next year

On that note I'd encourage people to look in to husbandry and how to butcher

That's the top foie gras. Force fed geese end up with sick livers and the foie gras is less delicious. Geese don't really need to be force fed because they like getting fat naturally.

Also, geese are dicks, they deserve everything they get.

>Right that’s what I’m saying
>even more to an animal you’re going to eat

eating it is the reason for that torture though. You arent torturing it for the sake of it, you're doing it to improve the animal for consumption. Without a reason like that, it's pointless. Which is why you dont do it to animals you arent killing; it's a respect thing

But there's no respect in killing an animal so it shouldn't apply to food animals

Animal products are inhuman by definition

I hate foie grass because icant stand the strong buttery flavor but now i want to eat there

R8 my tattoo I got back when cocaine, drinking whiskey, and gorging on foie was all I did.
I've had several Vegans in Portland threaten me because of it.

>Jews
>People

holy fuck my sides

You are really bad at this.

Too beta to stand down a goose and now you’re butthurt lol

Lol they're fucking birds. You bird brain. They're renowned for their stupidity.

Why does anyone actually give a shit if an animal is tortured before it's eaten? They're animals. They don't have the capabilities to abstract pain in the sense these idiots talk about. Having a nervous system doesn't mean that they're crying and begging for mercy. They're just freaking out because their senses are overloaded. This personification of animals is so fucking stupid and childish. You should be nice to animals and treat the environment respectfully but not because the earth mother will cry if you don't. You do it for the same reason you keep your house clean. It's advantageous to keep things clean and orderly, it's how we developed into what we are now. It's also why malcontent behavior like hoarding and animal abuse is considered a red flag. Not because it's some sin to do so, but because it means you're a cancer on society at large. Someone who beats his dog is probably going to beat his kid and generally be a shitty person creating an exponential cycle of cancerous behavior.

But at the same time eating food is not animal abuse even if you're boiling a dog alive. Unless they're getting some sick pleasure from it, it doesn't matter, it's just food. Foie Gras is barely even abuse. People overfeed their kids with garbage food that will kill them slowly and nobody says shit about it. I consider that a much greater and more disturbing problem than cooking a delicious bird dish.

You shouldn't car about Syrians. Fuck them. You're actually causing everyone way more problems by treating them like your helpless animals creating these exploding populations and acting as if their dictators were a bad thing.

>Shame.
kys my man

Because sane people have empathy towards living creatures

Thank you for your input Mr. Huang Zhao

I second you on this.

>phone posting a meme via screenshot without cropping it so people don’t realize that’s what you’re doing

Morals are an invention for societal interaction. It's a construct that successful cultures develop for high trust interactions. It's something everyone needs to participate in for it to work. Animals don't have the capacity to be moral. The only reason we apply our moral structures to other things is because it feels good to do so. Which isn't a bad thing. It doesn't invalidate the action of caring about animals. But there is no actual reason to apply our moral structuring to animals. They can't participate in morality, so there is no purpose to it. In fact there's no purpose in applying our morality to other people much of the time. If someone doesn't have the same high trust attitudes, there is no purpose in extending your attitudes toward them. But even so you can apply this to a good dog because they will be loyal to you. You can apply it to any animal that you get something out of. I love my cat even though he's a cunt most of the time. I personify him because it feels good, it's an outlet. You can even apply this to things you eat, and a lot of people do. You treat it with respect because you're getting something out of it. Do you treat rats with respect? You shouldn't and we generally don't unless you're an emotionally broken vegan retard. I don't see Foie Gras as a positive or negative interaction. I doubt anyone feels any sort of way about it, it's just food. Just like in chinkland they boil dogs to eat, it's just food.

but you said
>sane people have empathy towards living creatures
Which is just untrue. You only have empathy for things when it's convenient, because, like i said, this is about applying our own attitudes towards non-humans to make ourselves feel good.

not an argument

So ... killing geese is now on the same level as the Holocaust?

Fuck off you arrogant leftist prick.

I’m sure you would be in quite the quandary if someone was threatening to kill your friends and family or kill a flock of geese.

>”Oh no this is so terrible how do I decide?!”

And now ... killing geese is on the same level with rape?

Fuck off again you arrogant leftist prick.

Do you still have the salty taste in your mouth from your wife’s boyfriend unloading in your mouth? Is that why you don’t see any difference between the life of a goose and the life/well-being of a human?

Lol damn this nigga is serious about his goose torture

This nigga gets it. Morality is a spook.

I really hope you are intentionally trolling because otherwise you are just a selfish, arrogant, demented asshole.

So if someone was threatening to shoot you or a goose, you would pause for even a split second to think about the goose? Or is it that you are a smug leftist who is happy to tell others what they should and shouldn’t do but if it really came down to it, you don’t believe anything you say?

Thanks for proving my point

This.
You have no point retard. There is nothing you can say to prove that inter species killing is wrong. Inter species killing is what makes the world go round.

NOT

That's some dedication

8/10

goddamn stirner fags holy shit kill yourself
someone draw and quarter these faggots

I don't know what that is and i don't care. You have no argument.

N O I C E

you're a disgusting nihilist and your cancer needs to be stopped before it infects the whole planet

>nihilist
That would imply i'm rejecting morality which i'm not, i'm just recognizing it for what it is.

you describe morality as an invented system that is good insofar as its practical uses, ie. high trust interactions, as you mentioned. that is nihilism.