Can I overeat healthy fats?

Simple question. Can I overeat healthy fats? Let's take walnuts. Here's the content in 100 g

654 kcal
65 g total fat
6 g saturated fat
38 g omega-6 fat
9 g omega-3 fat

Now this is recommended daily intake

2000 kcal
78 g total fat
20 g saturated fat (maximum, otherwise as low as possible)
17 g omega-6 fat
1.6 g omega-3 fat

Let's imagine I eat 100 g or more of walnuts a day. I will exceed omega-6 and omega-3 by a large margin, like x10. However though, I won't exceed saturated fat, might exceed total fat but only a little bit, and omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is 4, which is not bad at all. So, would it be bad for health and overall metabolism?

yes fat is fat. too much of a fat is too much regardless of how healthy we perceive it to be. another example is if you eat a shit ton of fruit you are still consuming too much sugar

Ok but what happens if I eat too much good fats? Do I get sick or something? Let's assume my carbohydrate intakes are low, and sugar intakes are zero.

Moderation is a word so misunderstood .... why because its practice is rarely used

you can't overeat if you increase your basal metabolic rate

try intermittent fasting

>Can I overeat xxx
You can kill yourself by drinking too much water. If you eat too much of anything you'll fuck yourself.

you gain weight which means your joints cry out why why fat-ass. your heart pumps harder to reach more extreme extremes and goes lub-fucku-dub all while your brain sweats it out and keeps telling you you don't have a cholesterol problem even though if you took a vial of your blood and let it sit out is would literally have oil droplets condense because you still have a lipid to blood ratio problem..

Im mad i cant fry everything in 'healthy oils' and be fine too.

You might get watery shits. That's about it.

Retard.

I won't overdo total fat. Think of it. Recommended daily total fat is 78 g. I consume exactly that much, but content of these 78 g is so good that it's full of good fats, to the point it x10 exceeds daily omega-6 and omega-3, but lacks bad fats.

>what is keto
It depends on your overall dietary intake. If you eat low carb, your body will have less carbs to process and will move on to fats in ketosis. If you eat more carbs, fats will more likely be stored.

Recommended daily carbs is 130 g and I consume about 60 g.

I don't think nuts (or any dietary fat you can get out of nature without a complicated chemical process) are unhealthy. I think if you don't eat too many calories from nuts you're okay. I'm sorry they made you feel worried about eating nuts. Doesn't that sound kind of silly? Trees are all plopping these nutritious little things on the ground for millions of years, and every living organism that can eat them does eat them. And everything was fine. Now suddenly it turns out nuts are actually poisonous! Oh my God! Why were nuts always so fine and normal to eat, but suddenly they're killing us all? Why we so fat? I dunno, maybe it's not the nuts.

Do you eat sugar?

Some nuts are hard to crack and walnuts are one of them, so it might be not a common food for animals. It is also by far the fattest nut of them all, though omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is good.

No, zero. If we're talking about things like candy bars. I do eat fruits, that would be the sweetest, but not much of them. Lately been focusing on nuts since I'm too busy and have to rely on snacks often.

Eh. Are you dying of something currently? No nut allergies? You don't eat sugar and you're eating nuts as a snack instead of some kind of crappy junk food candy bar'disguised candy bar, I presume? Where are you getting this idea that nuts are the devil? Really. This is just some weird offshoot of the antiquated notion that natural fats are unhealthy? This is a dumb idea they made you take seriously so they could sell more cereal way back. Chill. Nuts are fine. They fell off a fucking tree. They're not poisonous to people without nut allergies. Has this been a bait thread all along?

it's impossible to overeat fat, the body si shit at digesting it, even a feww spoonful and you'll already shit out half of it. To get fat by eating fat means you are constantly eating, for months. To get the result of a week of sweet craving

Ok here's another comparison. Let's take sunflower oil. It is liquid fat, so per 100 g of product we have 100 g of fat. It has 35 g of omega-6 fat per 100 g. A full cup of sunflower oil weights 218 g and has 77 g of it being omega-6 fat. Now I eat about that much if not more of omega-6 fat coming from a pack of walnuts. Would you consider drinking a full heavy glass of sunflower oil every day healthy? That's seems about equal to consuming a pack of walnuts a day.

Let me add here that walnuts have much more polyunsaturated fats than saturated fats, so by consuming the same amount of omega-6 and -3 I consume about 2 times less total fat than what would come from sunflower oil, thus exceeding recommended daily intake of total fat by not much. But exceeding omega-6 and -3 by a lot.

I'm sorry, is this actually a real concern you have, or are you just fucking around on Veeky Forums? I'm hesitant to type out more shit if you're trolling.

you can overeat anything. "good" fat does not mean you can eat as much of it as you like and be healthy. the rda is mostly bullshit.

How am I supposed to prove I'm not trolling? I eat walnuts as a snack because I like their omega-3 content and ratio, but I exceed recommended daily intakes of linoleic and alpha-linoleic acids by about 10 times (maybe less), and wonder if it's bad. The question is as simple as that. I suppose it's not very good but not something that is very bad either. Not much to argue about anyway.

>and wonder if it's bad.
go to a doctor and get blood tests to see how healthy you are. Veeky Forums is not going to be able to answer your questions definitively.

Dude this is Veeky Forums. You’re trolling or you have no idea where the fuck you are. Ask us about mcchickens next time and you might get a straight answer

>the rda is mostly bullshit
I would very much love to read something on this topic, if you have any links. I too think that sometimes what they imply is extremely hard to achieve, like their 1000 mg of calcium a day. Do they boost their numbers so that someone who cites them does not end up with deficiency? Then why it's so damn easy to exceed their recommended fats with nuts...

What's your ethnicity?

>Can I overeat
yes
even drinking too much water will kill you

Why does it even matter? White american of european ancestry. I think there's no need to continue this thread. But thanks for all the answers.

recommended by whom

carbs are non-nutritional. you don't need any.
all it does is become glucose, which you don't need if you have a liver, and drives insulin, which you don't want

no you can't overeat fats except calorically and it's hard to do that with fat

excess just gets pooped out, which also lubricates your turds, replacing the need for fibre

industry is corrupt as hell and there's a severe knock-on effect from bullshit research messing up other research

like the recommended sodium intake is dangerously low, eating that little is as bad for you as eating ten times too much, but it was set low as a "solution" to health problems caused by excessive sugar, which stayed blameless because they paid off some dudes and nobody noticed for decades because NONE OF IT IS TRUSTWORTHY

>recommended by whom
Introduced by Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.

I know carbs are not essential. As far as I know those are the only essentials:

Protein
Calcium
Iron
Magnesium
Phosphorus
Potassium
Sodium
Zinc
Copper
Manganese
Selenium
Vitamin C
Thiamin
Riboflavin
Niacin
Pantothenic acid
Vitamin B-6
Folate
Choline
Vitamin B-12
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Vitamin D (this can come entirely from exposure to sun as far as I know)
Vitamin K
Linoleic acid
alpha-Linolenic acid

Because the digestion of fatty acids is partially genetic. Look up the FADS gene. Africans don't need to prioritize omega 3/6 ratios as much as others. Inuits are the opposite though and should consume more omega 3. Omega 3 from plant sources is inferior tho since it needs to be processed by the body. It's the dha/epa we need.

Basically I'm saying: eat more seafood if the omega 3/6 ratio of your diet worries you that much.

Walnuts looks like shriveled up brain