Does Veeky Forums have a go to cutting board?

does Veeky Forums have a go to cutting board?

Mine is custom, so no.

Ideally you want a board that is solid, and large enough to hold some food on it.

ikea bamboo cutting board. super thicc and looks great. only $20 and if you want the same thing elsewhere gonna run ya like $60

The best ikea cutting board is the one with the 90 degree lip so it snaps to your counter. Not sure if it's a soft wood like bamboo though but it's practical as fuck if you have the counter space.

I have shitty grouted tile counters with a 3/4 inch lip at the edge so that sounds great but wouldn't work for me. Fuck I hate them so much. At least I have an awesome butcher block.

End-grain, black cherry cutting board > everything else

Green plastic one because I'm not a numale hipster fag

I have a large acacia endgrain cutting board, but also a heavy professional plastic one. Thee latter is primarily used for meat. Rule 1: Always buy larger than you think you need. Small cutting boards succk.

I have one that's been passed down since the 1700s, made from a piece of a wrecked frigate. They last forever when cared for.

>Small cutting boards succk.
This.
Large cutting boards make life so much better.

I just got an old cutting board from my mom, what kind of oil do i get for it and any other tips for a first wooden board?

This is my baby. Good little board passed down from my nona to me

I keep my knives sharp enough that I don't need a cutting board. I just hold stuff in the air while I cut it.

Pics?

I have a cheap and shitty wooden cutting board I've been using for over seven years now. At some point it cracked and I assume it would just break apart but it's still in one piece.

I feel like I should properly wash it more regularly, one of the sides is blackened and I'm not sure why but otherwise it does the job.

i have 6 polyethylene $1 cutting boards. cut my food then throw it in the dishwasher. anyone who doesn't do this and thinks a wooden board is somehow superior is literally retarded.

>cutting your food

yeah just let me let all of those anti-oxidants fly into space

i like this board

cheap bamboo one I throw replace every 6-10 months. I'm renting apartments and don't see the point of anything between them and a big dude that fits in a hole in the counter

you nasty

>i have 6 polyethylene $1 cutting boards. cut my food then throw it in the dishwasher. anyone who doesn't do this and thinks a wooden board is somehow superior is literally retarded.
I don't know what mine cost, but I have a set of 4 colored thin flexible cutting boards that I also put in the dishwasher, or scrub down after use. They allow me not to have to wash up if I'm cutting meat, veggies, herbs for topping, then bread, and have wet cutting boards. I can use all 4 and just keep going.
But, I do own a couple nice wooden boards. One is for slicing a roast or a really juice watermelon, and has that juice catching reservoir edge to keep it off the counters, and it is sturdy enough that I can transfer meat from the outside grill, and such like a tray. I have a small burled grain olivewood board I like to throw out as a cheese board onto the table. That one came from travels. I have an smallish end grain walnut rubber footed cutting board that I kind of use double duty as a hot plate, or just cutting thing I might actually want sturdy stability and cleaver ability, like a hard winter squash, or through some bones. That came from goodwill for $3.

imagine thinking anybody gives a fuck enough to care about what you wrote

I have a thicc white plastic one that I bleach from time to time.

This.

this motherfucker doesn't know the difference between a hot plate and trivet

Post a happy cat

srap hard maple i got from work

*scrap

>plastic cutting board
You're doing it all wrong.