What's the secret to a good Garlic Bread?

What's the secret to a good Garlic Bread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yIBVl-Z8aGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Garlic.

don't overdo the butter or it gets nauseating

You buy the pre-buttered and garliced up bread from the store, leave it in the foil bag, 10 minutes in the oven at 375.

Wala. And anyone that puts in less effort for a shittier finished product deserves to be euthanized

who pooped in your cornflakes

good garlic butter and good bread

moron

slice and toast bread
peel and cut garlic in half
rub cut side of garlic on bread, the more the better

Good bread is key. You could have butter made from milk of cows that are only fed foie gras and churned by French monks in a 900-year-old churn at a monastery in the Alps, and garlic grown in Tuscany watered exclusively with the Pope’s urine resulting from His Holiness drinking only the finest cappuccino, but if you slather it all on Wonderbread and slap it in a toaster oven it’s still gonna be shit.

This.
Olive oil on the bread, then toast under the broiler.

>pre-buttered
That's not butter, brah.

Make the butter from some fresh cream if you live in an area with local farms that supply to grocery chains. I live in kansas so this is very easy for me, but if you can't some regular heavy cream is okay.
Leave your cream out for a day or two to culture some good bacteria, then once it's ready google how to agitate cream to make butter (it's easy as fuck). Make sure you save the buttermilk for some biscuits or waffles or something.
Once you've got the butter done you can turn it into a nice garlic compound butter by finely chopping some garlic and some rosemary and adding it into the butter. make sure you season it as well.
Now just go to a local bakery and get the best french loaf you can find. Cut it into slices and spread your fresh butter on the slices and toast at a high temperature in the oven.

bake the butter and garlic into the bread

>makes the butter from scratch
>but not the bread

It's much too difficult to make a good loaf from scratch unless you've practiced a lot. Especially in a conventional oven. If you have a nice artisan bakery nearby they will supply much better bread than you could make on your own. If you insist on making your own bread and feel confident in your skills then go right on ahead!
I recommend using the dutch oven method for baking if you go that route since it's the only efficient way to steam your loaf. A cast iron dutch is only 30 bucks on amazon for a 5 quart right now so go ahead and order one right away!
t. former bread baker for artisan bakery

good bread, with hard thick crust! don't get shitty supermarket bread

high quality butter (not too much), tonnes of garlic

You worked at wheatfields in lawrence, didn't you?

No, but you're surprisingly close
I won't tell you where, but it was in the greater kansas city area
Been to wheatfields a couple of times though. Didn't like their bread much. Last time I was in lawrence I found this nice spot down by hank charcuterie. Much better bread than wheatfields.

This is a lie

Cheese on garlic bread: Yes/No?

>shits on people for putting in less effort
>recommends lowest effort/lowest quality method possible

Absolutely no non-italian cheese whatsoever

This. People who put nin-Italian cheeses onItalian dishes need to be dragged out into the streets and shot.

Buy good Italian loaf
Fry chopped up garlic in olive oil until golden
Brush olive oil on bread
Put bread under broiler until golden and crunchy

The fried garlic makes a good snack too.

That's a Garfield tier post my man

Take a bite of spaghetti and meatballs with fucking cheddar grated over it and then tell me I’m wrong again.

Epic!

What? Is this an Ohio thing?

Cheddar goes really well on pizza desu

Not too much of it though

FAKE NEWS

Cheddar on my pizza is one of the few reasons I’ll walk out of a restaurant for.

OP these are the secrets copy these pictures

looks dry and bland

you look dry and bland.

garlic baguette > all

before this thread dies, can someone tell me what the green is?
Parsley?

Yeah could be parsley, green onions, or chives. All they all work fine I think, depends.

wrong.
you need a stick of butter and a whole jar of pre chopped garlic for each loaf.

Having enough butter.

Fuck dry bread/toast.

My girlfriend's mom makes delicious garlic bread with a really pronounced, garlicky flavor.

I asked her what her secret is, and it seems that she slices the garlic very thinly before microwaving it with the butter in short intervals between mixing. The microwave seems to be good at extracting the garlic's flavor into the butter.

garlic powder

>Take N Bake Tuscan loaf
>Bake it
>Melt butter while it's baking
>Mix in garlic powder
>Brush mix on bread when finished baking

Wow that was fucking hard

The lack of "olive oil" posts ITT is alarming.

these are the only two posts that are close enough to being correct.

>not a single garlic confít reply

It's easy as fuck and strengthens the garlic flavor.

Holy fuck that looks good.

For me it's the choice of bread. I like to use Pugliese bread. It's got a little bit more rustic look to it and it makes great garlic bread.

Shitpost on reddit

Chuckie Cheese tier

Fluffiness of the bread. Can’t stand crunchy garlic bread.

>pre chopped
shit literally tasted like metal

And it's usually from China, grown in all sorts of human faeces and other garbage chemicals then bleached to a perfect white.

i don't know if you can buy that in america but here in germany we have semibaked or par baked bread. I like buying that, doing the little incisions, then adding some cold butter i mixed with herbs and garlic in a pestle and mortar in thoe incisions.
And finish baking the bread

youtube.com/watch?v=yIBVl-Z8aGk

What if you baked a loaf of bread that contained garlic and butter and then turned it into garlic bread afterwards?

I love roasted garlic but never done it as a confit before. Might need to see how that compares to other methods.

Picked up one method of garlic bread indirectly from one of my old job's method for making batches of crostinis. We used baggettes because it needed the crispness but I would take larger loaves and cut them into 1cm slices before spraying them with olive oil and putting them in the oven at 250F for about 10 minutes. Works well with garlic and rosemary infused olive oil, but if I recently roasted some garlic I will put some on the side as a spread.

wala? Do they mean voila?

absolutely not

Absolutely. And chopped bacon makes it even better (I rarely do it though since I'm lazy).

whoops. didn't see this here

>What's the secret to a good Garlic Bread?

Roast a couple heads of garlic for an hour @ 400F, chop the tops off and pour olive oil on them and wrap them in foil and put them in the oven.

Let them cool so you can squeeze the heads like toothpaste onto the bread you want to use and which you have nicely toasted. Voila! Garlic bread.