Appliance Thread

Just got this stove delivered. Home Depot Black Friday sale. $628 down from $1,159.
Post your new range, fridge, microwave, etc..whatever you've recently bought.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't having the control panel at a place where you have to reach over the stoves kinda dangerous?

why do you think it was on sale, m8

Good God, people.
Those are for the oven. The burner knobs are on the front. If the burners were on you'd likely have pots and pans over them, wouldn't you? Pretty fucking common placement. I looked at 25 of the things at the store.

I am poor and cannot afford nice things. this is the oven my apartment has

I'm happy with it at least.

How well does the middle burner work? Does it heat the cast iron consistently?

Got this microwave in August.

I haven't tried it yet, but the plate is 1/3" thick, so it should work pretty well. I'll probably keep it on low to keep pans warm. I doubt all do a lot of cooking directly on it. I like my pans.

Looks cool, grats.
I've been looking at over-head convection microwaves. Bought an industrial one for work recently. They're pretty useful. Haven't use a home model before, but I'm imagining that they are more useful for someone who is cooking for 1-2 people.
I really hate the amount of energy that is wasted in a typical under-range oven. Air is such a shitty conductor of heat.

Is this post a joke? Tell me you're joking
Anyway my dad has the same stove OP, it works well though I'm not sure if the middle burner is ever used.

I can see it being a lot of help for Christmas dinner. Wish I had it on Thanksgiving. So many things going at once.

nice looking stove
i rent my house and the appliances are shit, i have nothing to contribute here

>not low sodium v8

Looks nice. My stove is an electric piece of shit.

I don't really see how that changes the point. I've used all kinds of stoves, from cheap rental apartment shit to McMansion bling, and in no case have I ever seen any sort of controls behind a row of burners.

did the person who designed that thing not understand the possibility that someone might use the oven and stovetop simultaneously?

do you?

>Doesn't having the control panel at a place where you have to reach over the stoves kinda dangerous?
It is placed out of the reach of children. So that design decision is based on customer need.

I think it's an American thing, at least I've never seen anything like that in Europe or Asia.

Americans don't really cook, so that would make sense. Stoves are just decoration. Like a row of copper pans that remain perfectly shiny at all times.

10/10 would use the hell out of that.

Show me a stove with oven controls anywhere other than behind the burners, I really don't think you can.

You could try like, any normal range?

You guys are just funposting right? You don't really think "child-safe" ovens are the norm?

I bought a gas oven last year, and I purposefully turned down a lot of ovens because of that. I wanted the knobs on the front for the stove AND the oven. I also paid half what OP paid. OP got screwed.

my oven

no shitty led clock or buttons that will inevitably break, either. best oven i've ever owned

>le coat meme guy
That clock is going to break long before anything else.

I guarantee it.

Poverty: the stove

>gas
>poverty
poverty is an old, grease-stained electric coil stove from the 90's, like in every fucking apartment I've ever lived in

nothing says poverty like buying a $628 stove and making a fucking post about it on Veeky Forums out of excitement

that oven cost me around $275 brand new and isn't loaded down with memes like le center burner and le cast iron grates and le can't turn the oven on when using the stove

>electric coil stove
That's next-level, "elderly sex offender registry somewhere in Nevada" tier poverty

I just mean regular, working class, "I take the 2 train from somewhere in the Bronx to get to work as a county clerk in lower manhattan" tier poverty

Every stove I've ever seen/used has oven controls behind the burners. If you're dumb enough to have open flames on for no reason while controlling the oven then maybe you don't need a stove.

Cool your jets sister, it's just a little bantz

>If you're dumb enough to have open flames on for no reason while controlling the oven then maybe you don't need a stove.

reaching your hand over a pot of boiling pasta and simmer sauce to turn the broiler on for garlic toast?

there are actual reasons you might want to turn the oven on after getting dinner started but oh who the fuck am i kidding you don't cook so you have no idea

>multitasking
Whoa, get a load of Escoffier over here

sorry bro, its just that its Veeky Forums and its serious business and i didn't realize you were cool. apologies

yeah what can i say heating up a jar of ragu and some garlic bread put me in the highest tier of cooks on Veeky Forums

I do it all the time. It doesn't exactly hurt. But then again, because of the position of the oven controls, there's no reason to pass your arm directly over an open pot either. It's not rocket science and hardly a reason to criticize OP or anyone about it.

Wanna link me to some oven operation accidents?

no worries bro, it's hard to ^s here. who owns this place anyway? she should upgrade it with the latest reddit enhancement sweet

"accidents"
youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ

What the hell lol that's horrifying

just because you can doesn't mean you should

Posting mommies appliances like you do when she buys you alienware on /g/? I hate you Jordan. kys

Serves her right for wearing the ring at work. Disgusting.

looks like a dryer

I use to have a stove like this. Was annoying because I would have to look at the flames to see if the oven has reached the proper temp.

Ugly 1950s design

Faggots need clocks in their ovens