UberEats/Skip The Dishes Horror Stories

Post your horror stories with UberEats or Skip The Dishes delivery drivers. I'll start, not really a horror story compared to some of the stuff I think I'll see but it's the closest you'll get:
>be me
>want to have Five Guys
>order Five Guys
>leave in usual detailed instructions on where to go when he gets here (an apartment) (a previous driver from a previous order loved the detail of said instructions and said as much to me)
>some time passes
>get the "hey your driver's almost here get dressed and get to your door" notification
>get dressed
>head downstairs
>wait in comfy chair by door
>phone rings
>an unnecessary "uh hullo skip the dishes!!" phone call despite the seemingly idiot-proof instructions
>repeat part of the instructions to him
>don't see him
>a few minutes pass
>"maybe he's at the other door"
>check the other door, nothing
>check app which I didn't have open that time
>realize he's at the other fucking apartment on the back road
>even the google maps marker should've revealed to him it was the wrong apartment
>facepalm
>run to basement, run out door
>hopefully he doesn't start going in circles
>see some car but think it's just someone picking up or dropping someone off there
>start heading back to front door
>driver realizes it's me
>driver stops me
>driver finally delivers food
I didn't have the lack of a heart to give him a thumbs down for that blunder even though I could've and I probably should've given the instructions which I've tried to idiot-proof as much as possible from other, far minor blunders. Other than that, nothing else comes to mind that was due to the driver or the service as opposed to the restaurant.

Other urls found in this thread:

menulog.com.au/vindaloo-dreams#reviews
menulog.com.au/bubbles-seafood#reviews
menulog.com.au/grillers-steak-ribs#reviews
menulog.com.au/la-casareccia#reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=RhIN4ImbvUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We've got a roundabout at the start of our block of flats, leading to 2 separate roads and (despite their being huge fucking signs) the ubereat drivers still manage to go to the other street or just wait at the roundabout and call. In 1 particular instance, the drive was at the roundabout for about a minute so I went out to see him, and some fucker said they were me and took my food.

On the plus side, I got refunded + $20 credit

Holy shit. That's horrible.

You gotta realize that those delivery fucks from ubereats/grubhub/etc., their companies will hire anything with a pulse and offer zero training, not even a practice run on the employee version of the app.
Many times, you will find people who've been at it for less than a few hours, making rookie mistakes, not being able to find directions, because they have ZERO experience in the nuances of food delivery.
90% quit the first day because they find out they earned less than minimum wage, so the cycle begins again.

All things considered I'm sure people have dealt with a lot worse that drivers absolutely should get shit for (like delivering to some rando that heads down the steps, which I've been a bit paranoid about if there's people that just came down from the elevator and out the door), and I'm sure people have given drivers thumbs down for a lot less, but in the grand scheme of things it was a minor inconvenience. An inconvenience that shouldn't have really happened in 2007+10, since there'll be few if any times where the Google Maps marker shouldn't be trusted. I guess that's why I was reluctant to hit thumbs down and instead gave thumbs up but only ticked "friendly" (since he did apologize for the fuckup after realizing the scale of his mistake).

so I don't get it, do you pay extra to have delivery or is it like grub hub where the restaurant pays for it?

I don't even have a house number but I never have problems

A touch extra (usually not more than $5), and then a tip if you want to (doesn't make much sense since you don't know who's doing your delivery until you've placed your order but I usually toss in $1-2, on Skip the drivers keep all of the base fee, not sure about UberEats since it's not available here because Uber isn't here, thankfully that's changing next year). Some places if you order enough stuff in one go delivery becomes free.

well I mean I guess for upper middle class white people that's just fine
if I ever have a delivery fee I deduct that amount from tips
I do the same with restaurants and bars, if there is a cover I deduct the cover from my tip amount, or if there is a fee on the ATM machine
if the workers have a problem I tell them why and say take it up with their boss

>if I ever have a delivery fee I deduct that amount from tips
Skip's drivers keep the whole fee (even if you order lots and it becomes free), so don't feel too bad about leaving it at $0.

>tip
for fucking WHO? The delivery goob?

Yeah, the goob.

they're making like $2 for that delivery, total.
this isn't like entitled waitresses, delivery app drivers literally live off your tips.

Own a shop here. Why the fuck does Uber charge the owners THIRTY(30) PERCENT of the total order? Literally which self respecting owner would agree to use this shit service is beyond me.

they drive for five fucking minutes, they shouldn't be earning more than $2!

lots because it's a shitload more customers

They spend time waiting around for an order to come in, then they drive TO the restaurant to pick up the order.
They don't start getting paid until the food is in their possession and they're driving to your house.

Only because they're treated as "contractors" who because they're treated as such can be paid well below minimum wage.

>"hey your driver's almost here get dressed and get to your door"
> "uh hullo skip the dishes!!"
is this real O_O wtf leftericans?

It should even be a thing to be nervous about.
You'd be an idiot to be a driver and not ask the person to state the name on the order form before passing over the food.
>Hi, I have an order for this complex, could I confirm your first name on the order?

Don't those apps give any semblance of training or tips for deliveries?

>i'm a child

So basically the delivery guy had trouble finding you. Great story. I'm so glad I read it.

10/10 samefag

>working at a new restaurant
>food is excellent, staff is excellent
>owner doesn't want to do delivery or delivery services because he's paranoid about how every time he reads yelp the 1 star reviews come from retarded grubhub situations
>decides to anyways
>first grubhub order comes in a few days in because the place is new and didn't pay for promotion
>they're 30 minutes late to pick up

I felt like shit having to call and explain it and I'm sure it wasn't anyone's fault either.

Guy came in the next day to order food because we nailed it anyways after I made the driver sit for a bit so we could remake the food. He was really thankful and we gave him a shake that we were expirimenting with to try.

Felt good desu but I was terrified I was going to get fired for fucking up the first online order.

i don't understand the point of food delivery outside of a catered party

if i'm going to pay that kind of money for food, i want to have the restaurant experience
if i'm going to eat at home, it's faster, easier, cheaper and probably better to just make food myself

I live in a big city and my family always orders food for delivery, passing 1000s of restaurants on the way home from work who do it better than what everyone grudgingly decides upon.

I've said "hey we should just have someone bring something home different every night if no one wants to cook" which results in scattered replies that are nonsensical.

>faster, easier and cheaper to make it myself
The only one of these that is true is that it's cheaper. Try not to blatantly lie when making a post, it devalues your whole argument.

Serious question:
What demographic pays for food delivery that isn't pizza?

Town isn't big enough for UberEats. There is a local place that works in union with quite a few restaurants for food delivery. The mark-up is astronomical.
It is a college town, here.
We started a delivery service for limited food items and beer delivery.
My opinion is that we need to canvas the campus. I'm pretty sure that a huge demographic is college students with a parent's credit card. Not meant as an insult.

lower class that turned into middle class at some point in their lives.

>faster, easier, cheaper
I can order pizza online and have it at my door in 20 minutes. I can't even get carryout that fast.

>why would anyone pay a couple of dollars extra to have food brought to them when they can just get dressed, take the elevator downstairs, walk 10 minutes, wait, walk back, take the elevator back up, and eat their takeout that they just spent an hour retrieving from the neighborhood joint?
Yeah this is a real mystery, it's almost like not everywhere is a rural college town full of broke kids with a few trusties with an open credit card account from the bank of mom & dad

I moved into my first apartment when I was 18. I hadn't realized it but the reason so many people wanted to order food and bring booze when I told them they shouldn't was because they felt they were giving back in a sense. I had my own meme saladmixes of the time, handles of booze, and enough rice and meat to feed an army but a lot of times people just want to feel like they're helping when in reality they're making sure your arugula goes bad.

I used to order all the time when I was a turbo drunk with a lot of disposable income.

>that increasing feel of financial insecurity
>eating peanut butter sandwiches for 2 weeks straight
>that sudden money that at this point you're not sure you deserve
>those 15 wings and 10 beers

It's a good life.

>spending behavior changes in relation to your pay schedule
>having disposable income
Pick one

As a person that has gone from living paycheck to paycheck to having savings accounts that actually has money in them, this is a true statement.

>savings accounts
Enjoy losing it all to inflation while you're patting yourself on the back for being "financially responsible"

>referencing behavioral changes while denying having them
That night out on wing Wednesday ain't going to exist forever and sometimes you feel like putting 20 of your last 100 dollars into eating and drinking and worrying about it later.

this guy is extra mad.

what went wrong that didn't go wrong with us? lash out at someone else.

When did I deny that people behave like that?

What I was denying was the purported equivalence between "being a turbo drunk with a lot of disposable income" and "being a turbo drunk living paycheck to paycheck"

All I'm saying is "I have enough in my pocket to buy wings today if tomorrow is not taken into account" isn't "having disposable income"

???

Are you feeling attacked or something? What part upset you, user?

you're right

i don't know i'm drunk and probably going to be making your wings with dirty fingernails in 12 hours.

>
>>savings accounts
>Enjoy losing it all to inflation while you're patting yourself on the back for being "financially responsible"
Please make this make sense for me, maybe I'm retarded. Please explain. Please tell me how inflation is more than -100% of my paycheck.

Because it's not "savings account or nothing", there are checking accounts, CDs, MMAs, etc

Your emergency fund is preferably not going to be touched, the likelihood of an emergency is lower than the near-certainty of inflation

So you put it in something that will mitigate inflation and there's some minimal penalty if you need to draw on it

Meanwhile you keep enough in your checking account to cover day to day transactions (rent, credit card bill, etc)

I don't eat wings, I find them repulsive

real men put all of their money into MMAs

Oh ok, that makes sense. I thought you were talking about savings = bank type of shit. Yeah, gotta get that 401k and ira. Diversify. Thank you for explaining.

You've never heard of a mutual fund?

>ATM machine

Check this out.
These 4 'restaurants' are all the same place and charge a $25/$27.50 delivery fee.
Some reviews you might find interesting.
Remember its all one business.

menulog.com.au/vindaloo-dreams#reviews

menulog.com.au/bubbles-seafood#reviews

menulog.com.au/grillers-steak-ribs#reviews

menulog.com.au/la-casareccia#reviews

I use it at the office. Never at home.

>I've said "hey we should just have someone bring something home different every night if no one wants to cook" which results in scattered replies that are nonsensical.
That's because when there's an astronomical number of options it's much easier to just get on Seamless or whatever, where you're forced to pick from a few dozen instead of a few thousand.

t. big city resident

bizarre. wonder what's up with that

I have an "acquaintance" who drives for Uber Eats
He is in a major city
He ejaculates on/in most of the food he delivers
He also blows his nose on a lot of the food
He finds it amusing
I find it disgusting
He was a pretty bottom feeding NEET
Uses his mother's SUV
Got a haircut, shave
Dresses well for work
I wouldn't let him touch anything I might eat

didn't know not wearing shoes/putting on sweats in your home and delivery food was an American thing

How much of a millennial soyboy do you have to be to even consider using a service like this

I'd much rather order food and pick it up, or order take-out. But I have 2 friends who love uber eats and I'm always around to witness this fuckery.

>Takes them 20 minutes to find what they want on the app
>sometimes the app doesn't let them select certain things or customize a meal (e.g. skip or add something to a sandwich)
>one time their order was missing $10 worth of food

Just fucking pick up the goddamn food yourself the restaurant is 5 minutes away. I drove 25 minutes yesterday to get take out from a restaurant I like because I'm not a lazy bitch.

That right there is the problem with tipping. It puts all the risk on the worker's side and none on the side of the employer, the chain, the company behind the app or even the fucking bank. It would be great if you had a choice to pay the worker directly instead of the delivery fee.

I bet every person involved is constantly bitching about "not having time to cook" despite that amount of time wastage.

Actually, the way my friends "cook" it's probably for the best that they order shitty uber eats food. The next time there's a food gore story thread I'll have tales to tell.

lmfao that's my car in the op pic

not the guy, but in my place, they come to your doorstep. even if they have to take the elevator.

that wasnt the point
THE LANGUAGE USED
holy shit cacafornians are cancer

>Government enforces minimum wage
>Still allows fake self employment
???

Glad I wasn't the only one. Also checked.

>use uber eats for the first time
>place order
>app confirms driver has picked up my food
>get a call from a new number
>”Hello, user, this is your uber eats driver. I’ve got your food here but my car battery died so you’re going to have to call uber eats and see what can be done”
>O-okay
>Ask him to just take the food back inside and wish him luck with his car
>Call uber eats help line
>Friendly Paki apologizes and confirms that he’s connected me with a new driver and I shouldn’t have to do anything further
>Thank him and hang up
>ETA keeps increasing
>Something is wrong, have to call uber eats again
>Apparently the first person I talked to never actually connected me with anybody else
>Have to get another driver
>Get 50% off of my meal
>Finally get my now room temperature bagel with lox

It was a shit show...but I’ve never had any problems since.

>charge a $25/$27.50 delivery fee
Holy fuck, even for Aussie dollars that's awful.

Its not really meant to be a full time job.

yeah uber drivers get literally retarded when having to deliver food

youre a good employee, youre boss is lucky to have you

>work on 11th floor of building, delivery instructions clearly state 11th floor lobby
>"Your food is arriving!"
>"Your delivery is complete!"
>go to front desk of office, no food
>wait a few minutes, no food
>call up UberEats, where the fuck is my food
>"we spoke to the driver and he said he gave the food to mark on the ground floor"
>my name is nothing close to mark

Forgot to mention this was my first and last experience with UberEats

>those reviews
wew life in Aus is fucked

restaurants need to seal the food they hand to these drivers so you can tell if theyve been tampered with

>bagel with lox
this is what you ordered from Uber you fucking lazy cunt?

>What demographic pays for food delivery that isn't pizza?

What's with the judgement? Ordering food for delivery is stupid except it's pizza? Why pizza? That's nonsensical.

I will never understand using delivery services, take-out is the best, always.
>Ensure order is right
>Don't have to tip
>No extra fees
>Use your own silverware, plates, and glasses that haven't been in the mouths of thousands of other people
>Food is warm
>Food isn't fucked up in transit
>Get to go for a drive/walk
>Can eat in a park or something if you like, or eat at home

>menulog.com.au/la-casareccia#reviews
So is La Casareccia only open one day a week?

Did you seriously just use an overpriced delivery service to get a single jew bagel? That's the most bourgeois shit I've ever heard.

I worked for a pizza place and we'd get Grubhub drivers who would completely tilt the pizza sideways while leaving, as if they've never seen a pizza before. On top of that, one nig driver who'd come would always surprisingly lose an order nearly every time he'd pick up. We had to switch to only using our drivers because of all the fuck ups.

tip take out if you're a regular, even just $1.00. You'll be surprised how much shit goes on in between the kitchen and you, especially if it's got Mexicans immigrants.

how are the Mexicans in the kitch supposed to know you just generously tipped $1 in the tip jar?

>or if there is a fee on the ATM machine

If you want to be extra petty you can rat on them for charging that fee, it probably violates their terms of use with the credit company.

Of course the reason they charge that fee is to cover the fee they themselves get charged for offering ATM in the first place.

Or they can get a different job.

In my state, any job paying less than min wage is required to be min wage if the tips dont amount up to it. So if Jamal keeps fucking up deliveries and gets tips that dont amount up to min wage*number of hours he worked, the employer has to pay him min wage. Most people dont know this and will play the guilt card of " they live off those tips". They work a min wage job, you cant live off a min wage job lel

Driver here. The first place I ever delivered to...
>Dropping off for a woman we'll call "Ruth."
>Pull into driveway.
>Weird, quiet old man working in a shed. Saw me. Said nothing.
>Derelict cars sitting in the yard
>Literal dead cat on the roof of the car. Flies all over it. Not moving. Starting to stink.
>Several live cats, all ridden with fleas all around.
>Knock on the door.
>Some lady inside making baby talk to....something? But not answering the door.
>Go back to creepy old man and ask if "Ruth" is home.
>He tells me to leave it on the front porch.
>I do and get the hell out of there.
I think it's worth mentioning that this wasn't out in the sticks. It was inside the city.
It was one of the most surreal moments in my life. Like something out of a David Lynch movie.

This!!! I hate tipping and love going for drives.

Did you tip?

OP is so fat I can hear it in his typing.

Employers aren't obligated in any way to pay independent contractors (what these drivers are hired as) minimum wage.

thanks for the meal
>t. mark

Yeah, and later I got lunch from grubhub. It’s a hangover tradition with my best friend you wouldn’t understand.

Getting lox at all is pretty fucking faggy man.

>order from Just Eat
>delivery expected: 1 hour
>1h10min later
>"hello this is X restaurant you ordered from us?"
>yes
>"where's your address?"
>uh it's close to X road
>"got it thanks"
>1h45min later food arrives
>get some free brioches with my order
>bite into brioche and it's filled with some kind of butter, fucking gross
>at least the food was good

They are in my state, bud.

this

>Post your horror stories with UberEats or Skip The Dishes delivery drivers

I'm not stupid enough to order food where a third party would deliver it.

What state?

youtube.com/watch?v=RhIN4ImbvUs

Not really a horror story, but a typical example of the Uber Eats experience.

>order McDonalds last night at 10pm
>tall, lanky negress parks outside and just sits in the car
>its one of those tiny, white rent-by-the-hour cars
>just sits there, no reply by text etc
>after about 10 minutes she gets out and brings the food to my door
>missing items (of course)

Pic on Uber app wasnt her. It was probably a dummy account a bunch of crackheads share to make fix money. I live on the East side of town so this wasnt a surprise, sadly.