Redpill me on LIDL, what's the best shit I can buy?

Redpill me on LIDL, what's the best shit I can buy?

The lasagna is pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/list-of-lidl-locations-in-the-us-2017-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything you buy there is decent, it just has an air of plebianism to it. I don't care about that, I don't have anything to prove. Main reason I go there is for the non-food deals they have all the time and the feeling I'm not paying extra for a "brand". Although in the end it's not that much cheaper than other grocery stores I noticed.

Anyway, not sure how it is across the ocean though, it may be a completely different setup.

They have good deals on vegetables. The bakery doesn't seem very impressive which is odd given how much space they devote to it and making it look good.

The cheap chocolate bars and some candies with a European twist are nice.

Cheap spices that are ok quality.

The meat has been hit and miss for me but I have gotten good deals on chicken.

Eggs are the cheapest around, like 50 cents a dozen. Milk was 2.35 a gallon yesterday which is a dollar more than I paid the day previous at food lion (the only other large local chain besides Wal-Mart).

Overall worth trying, sort of like a nicer aldis but still not upscale or anything approaching it. I wish they didn't waste all the store space on really stupid toys and power tools. That shit is probably horrible quality, nobody in their right mind will buy a no name $150 miter saw from the frozen food isle of their grocery store.

>That shit is probably horrible quality
That's the thing. It's not half bad. It's no festools or dewalt, but hell, nobody who does the odd job around the house really needs that level of quality.

Wait you can find Lidl in america?
oh fuck...

>local vegetables
>local product/brands (ie made in your country)
Pretty much these, not sure about Merica though as your veggies seem to be just maize and Merican brands are allready shit-tier trash but other countries in Yorop this should ring true.

Lidl-specific products i like the McEnnedy's carrot cakes though which is sort of Merican-imitation stuff.
The Asian "Vitasia" stuff is absolute trash though and same thing with the German stuff, just uneatable shit, also Trattoria the worst of the worst you can buy from Lidl.
"Italiamo" brand's ice-creams are pretty decent though, also their cookies and even frozen pizzas are pretty good.

"Vitasia" usually has some good products, but you need to weed out the trash.

Everything is good, nigga. Except premium black label LIDL brand. Deluxe is shit.

Like what? Only things that are okay from them that come to mind are maybe their noodles and canned fruits and coconut milk but that's the kind of stuff you have to really try to fuck up. Also i have mixed memories of their Teriyaki-meat, it was some frozen stuff i got on cheap and i cant remember if it was good or not, maybe good because i got it on -30% and meat's meat so it's atleast eatable no matter what you do.
Deluxe actually has some okay jams and jellys and i dont think their other stuff is too bad either though not sure about the frozen stuff but it's all way too expensive.
Only thing i'd consider buying from them now would be their Blackcurrant or cloudberry-jelly/jam and that's only because i cant find that shit cheaper anywhere else.

yea, I mostly use the basic stuff like you said. I could get that stuff elsewhere, but since Lidl is like a 5 minute walk away from me, I usually get it from there. Also try the frozen Nasi Goreng if it is available at your location. Makes a decent meal if you don't want to cut things up yourself.

tools are really good actually
They are one-shot , huge quantity deals with tools manufacturers; so they have ridiculously low prices with a good quality.

Source : I tested a fuckton of them compared to ryobi, makita, dewalt and as an engineer working for a home depot equivalent

Oh shit

I gotta find a local Lidl, now Christmas is coming they'll be selling those spiced biscuits, Speculjaaates or something, those things are beast

Savoy cabbage is good.

Aged cheddar

Everyone who shops at Lidl must try Inferno pizza at least once in their lifetime, to truly know what's it like to shit out fire balls.

Speculaas
biscoff is a brand name

Tried it once, had to slash sriracha all over it and some jalapeno rings on top and still disappointingly mild.

Cheese, charcuterie, fresh vegetables, pates, cheap & mid-range wines.

>hij heeft geen pepernoten in de lidl
lol

whats the deal with americans and their inability to digest spicy food

what is it with europeans being obsessed?

businessinsider.com/list-of-lidl-locations-in-the-us-2017-5

They have recently raised their prices on a lot of things and are no longer as good a value, but I still like their cheese.

I haven't tried Inferno pizza but I did try those Inferno sticks. They talk big but it's really not that bad. On the other hand their Bring The Pain hot sauce is fucking hot. Pic related.

they censor out crosses of churches (to not offend the muslims I guess)

The Hereford steaks are very good, especially the rump. Think they're Ireland only, the standard UK stuff is shit.

They had a really good black truffle and mushroom filled pasta last week but i think that was a short run. Went beautifully with a beef and coriander sauce.

where did you find this pic ?

>nobody in their right mind will buy a no name $150 miter saw from the frozen food isle
Shit. Should I take this back? I haven't even used it yet.

I dunno about you guys but the last time I went to Lidl was more than 10 years ago and it was terrible. They probably did improve though.

I still probably won’t go to the Lidl near my home because it’s full of... Special people, I dare say.

I went there once and it was awful.

No, really. I had to go somewhere else because they had no veg. [TRIGGER WARNING: HYPERBOLE.]

Don't know where the pic is from but it was in news in Finland a while ago. They put the cross back in when the Greeks got mad.