OFFICIAL HERSHEY'S GOLD THREAD

So, what's the verdict?

get out shill

why is it shaped like that also get out shill

That looks like a retarded Caramac, lad.

i had it, bretty gud

have fun

t. Jealous European

It's a loss edit

fuck, I haven't had one of those in years

hersheys is nasty

>pretzels
yucky

I like pretzel M&Ms but honestly this looks gross. Haven't tried yet, though. Definitely wouldn't pay for it

peanuts and pretzels really doesn't sound like a good flavour combination

So is that chocolate mixed with caramel or just straight caramel flavored?

>the vomit taste meme spreads like fire
>suddenly, a non-chocolate bar from Hershey

The verdict is that I don't live in the USA but desperately want to try this because I absolutely love white chocokate, caramel, peanuts, and sweet + salty combos. Plus I've heard that it is a step above the typical Hershey bar.

Is the "golden" chocolate similar at all to the chocolate used in McVities Gold Bars? I fucking love those things

Is that mold on the piece in the top-left corner, above the M?

I haven't tried either confection but I did some reading and it sounds like the Hershey's bar is made from caramelized "creme," a product made mostly with sugar and oil. That would be similar to the filling in Oreo cookies. McVities looks like it contains more actual milk ingredients, not that it doesn't have plenty of sugar and various oils.

looks pretty good, i tried the candy corn one around halloween and it was bretty gud

Speaking as an American, If you love those things you should steer clear of this product, because you're going to fucking hate it. Hersey's is shit quality. It's a bastardization of the things you love, not an example of them.

>vegetable oil
>PGPE
>butyric acid

it's shit

yes it does, it's not even that uncommon, have you never had a take 5?

>I absolutely love white chocolate

it's not white chocolate. It's an abomination of vegetable fats and sugar

Pretty much. I never was a big chocolate fan but I always saw Euros talking about how Hershey's chocolate tastes like vomit. Got some fun sized ones to give out at Halloween and decided to try it again and immediately noticed the vomit taste. It's a damn same too since I live a half hour away from the factory/park. I'll still go there though, rides are fun even if you don't like their chocolate.

World is over

American chocolate tastes like vomit. You animals are pig disgusting.

Pretty good, actually. I don't normally like anything Hershey's, but I picked one up when I stopped into a Walgreens the other day, since they had them at the counter for only like $0.69 or something. The sweet and salty are in pretty good proportion and tasty and the texture in the mouth is enjoyable, creamy with tiny bits of crunch.

another day another obsessed europoor

~12 years ago they moved all their factories to mexico and replaced cocoa butter with veggie oil and preservatives. That's why Hershey no longer smells like chocolate. I used to live right near there too.

I'll try it once, but my hopes aren't high.

it tastes like vomit because of the butyric acid, not because of the oils and preservatives. otherwise, a bunch of other american junk food products would have the same vomit taste

I wasn't talking about the taste, I was talking about the town of Hershey, PA which used to smell of cocoa all throughout the town. It was magical.

Just the milk chocolate tastes like vomit.
USicans can make decent dark chocolate. No one makes good white chocolate because it isn't, by definition, good.

From what I gather, Hershey's Gold is basically solidified dulce de leche, have I got that right? Or no?

>it isn't, by definition, good.

*blocks ur path*

it tastes nothing like vomit, enjoy your confirmation bias

It's good, but nowhere near Cookies n' Creme-tier good. Sorta had this peanut buttery aroma and taste like a Nutter Butter or Ritz Bits PB sandwich, then slowly transitioned into a lightly salted caramel flavor. Was sort of expecting the peanuts and pretzels to have a bit more impact, but I guess not. It still wasn't half-bad. Not something I'd like to go out and grab again, but maybe once in a while's good enough.

dude you put salt in your food? haha enjoy your piss flavored meal!

literally what you people are doing when you say it tastes like vomit

Sounds good, I'll be looking out for it.

caramac do they still make those?

>No one makes good white chocolate

I like the new shape It's less boring than the old one. Id like it if they included it their other bars.

Of course I eat like 1 candy bar a month, so I'm probably not their target demographic.

it doesnt taste like vomit you moron

Hershey's has an acidic afterburn that is more of an unpleasant sensation instead of a vomit flavor. Either way it's fucking garbage