So guys who here has cooked using beer?

So guys who here has cooked using beer?
How did you find the experience
Recently i’ve been making a button mushroom arrancini and using a wheat beer as well as a regular veg stock during the cooking and in all honesty the sharpness of the beer balances well with the mushrooms!
Anyone else done anyhing similar

the first time was great the most recent sucked.
I hate drinking beer. I'm pretty sure the last time I tried using it was, adding some brew to my steak fajita marinade. I hated it.
but the first time was at a restaurant I worked at, we always had two home made soups. one changed every few days and one that was served daily. It was a beer cheese soup. we also made small loaves of cracked wheat bread. as a server we could eat all the soup and bread we wanted. I loved that meal so much. a few years later I worked in the kitchen and was able to make it using a huge steam kettle.
pretty sure it was a few pounds of bacon cooking with some onion, and chicken base. after the fat from the bacon rendered and the onions softened. I think all that was added next was cans of nacho cheese, 40s of budweiser, and 2% milk. cook it for a bit and strain it. the recipe was for 30 or more gallons, wish I would of wrote it down. I'm pretty sure there was corn starch in it as well

>dude beer

I like using beer when I make slow-cooked carnitas. Rub the spices on some pork shoulder, add some light beer, and a bit of orange juice and lime juice. It's delicious.

"beer" is a super vague term for a huge spectrum of yeastwaters. Aside from a few rare situations where the carbonation might do something functional, you can pretty much treat it like stock I guess. Just with a lot more situational options

Using more larger or ipa’s to cook with recently, nothing to dark like a stout or a porter

I use it in my beef stew. Also, I pour beer over bratwurst and other sausage as it cooks in the pan. Delicious as fuck, and makes it even easier to drink while cooking. Beer is love, beer is life.

I threw a bottle of IPA into my thanksgiving stuffing mix.

I'll throw a splash into the sausage mix of meat and binder sometimes, use a can of the cheap stuff in overnight tomato sauce if no wine is available. Beans do well with beer too.

I've used it as an ingredient as a marinade for grilled chicken thighs, which worked really well. Sometimes I boil bratwurst in beer before searing it.

I used to make huge beer pancakes. I’d use the just add water pancake mix and just put beer. It was awesome and I was drunk like all day.

>drunk all day just from that
Are you two inches tall?

Maybe being drunk all day was unrelated or causal.

Alcohol cooks out of food instantly. You're not gonna get even slightly drunk even if you're two inches tall, unless you're psychopathically drowning seafood in it like a chinaman

>Alcohol cooks out of food instantly.
Not actually true. Most of it will cook out, but not all.

No, all. Fuck you.

it's true

i know recovering alcoholics who won't eat alcohol based food because it could trigger

No reason to get upset just because you were wrong on the Internet.

I cook with beer often. Usually once a month, but it's never a planned thing.

Usually ends up pretty good. Obviously, I don't use excessively hoppy beers. If I have stout, porter, or wheat beer handy, it will go in with my ground beef, chili, or shrooms. I use it to deglaze.

I've also cooked with wine, vodka, and bourbon.

I use it quite a bit, usually in braising liquid, sometimes in soups and stews

It is you who is the one who is upset, butthurt, etc. Your loss of face is deeply disgraceful, and you are visibly mad.

"Alcoholics" are gullible retards as a rule, though.

I've made beer bread befere. I had a bunch of Shock Top Honeycrisp in my fridge and I figured the apple flavor would make an interesting bread.