You suddenly lose the ability too taste anything

All you feel is a physical mass whenever you consume.

How long before you kill yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1439572/reference
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever, food is just fuel.

I had pine mouth once and it was pretty shit.

That could simplify things in a way. Put everything in a blender with no concern about taste, so a bundle of raw mustard greens wouldn't be too harsh.

Well, considering that's basically been my experience with food on and off for at least the past year, I'd say maybe a year and a half.

I don't think I can take much more.

Depression isn't kind.

>implying this wouldnt be the best thing ever

You could eat the grossest, healthiest shit every day

Instead of blending everything i'd probably go for the texture on food if i couldn't taste anything.

Like crunchy stuff, no flavor from anything so carrots will do just fine for food instead of bacon or meat so more healthier diet to get the most out of the feeling of food.

Kinda of a blessing. Finally I could eat healthy stuff and drop fatty shit. I should start smoking. That sounds very counter-intuitive.

Healthy stuff tastes better though.

Start consuming 4-5 onions a day and become the ubermensch

That did happen once following a work accident with some chems.
I was unironically pretty close to doing myself in by day ten, but then it started coming back.
I could still feel temp. and texture but all taste and smell was gone. Sure made me appreciate good food more after I got it back.

This applies to drinks roo right? So I can get hammered faster?

Tastebuds or no tastebuds, your insides would be on fire.

Finally I can stop eating and no longer be fat! I'm free! Free from this addiction to food that has plagued me all my life! Thank you god!

3 days 4 at the most.

Accelerate my alcohol consumption, and die earlier.

I would probably become healthier I've ever been and actually attain the figure I want.

so it would probably actually end up delaying my suicide if anything

I've spent weeks living on toast, protein shakes and multivitamins, you get used to it real fast.

i wouldn't, i could enjoy the texture and effects of the food's nourishment.

You might actually be on to something. Instead of a gastric bypass you can just snip a nerve that deactivates taste.

Time to go to the doctor. I knew someone that happened to because of mini-strokes. He didn't eat much after that and became super skinny. Everything was about texture, temperature, and burn for him.

>mustard

It'd still burn.

TRUE STORY INCOMING

(i don't think i've ever had the chance to tell anyone this before)

>get a massive URI caused by mold in the ductwork and a mix of cold/flu whatever...i was sick all winter. after i finally recovered i had no sense of smell or taste. doctor said wait a month and see - nothing. i was suicidal completely. every morning i ran into the kitchen and opened the coffee to take a whiff, nada. same thing after work. . i was utterly defeated after weeks had went past. then one day totally out of the blue i got up and sniffed the coffee and it was back, i had full sense of smell and taste

If I had to sacrifice a sense, taste would be it. Honestly, I doubt I'd care after a short while.

I already don't like sweet stuff, so I doubt I'd lose much wight.

Once I used mouthwash and it rendered me unable to taste anything for a few days.
Made eating healthier a lot easier because there was no flavor incentive to distract me from a proper diet.

actually happened to me when I ate a whole box of these shits right here, couldnt taste anything for a few days. I was nervous it might never come back but luckily it did

While losing out on eating good tasting shit, youd be the healthiest, shredded motherfucker around so long as you eat a perfect diet. Hungry? Already ate too much calories? Just drink a kale and spinach shake!

Maybe. I would probably say smell before taste.

If you want to consider them separately, smell is a much richer sense. You can only taste like 5 or whatever different things, but your sense of smell is hugely varried. When people say their sense of taste is gone, I think they usually technically mean their sense of smell.

Part of the pleasure of food is the texture, so I'm still not missing out on everything.

Yeah, I see what you mean. My nose is stuffy a lot and I might be a mouthbreather so it wouldnt matter much to me.

There are other pleasant sensory experiences to make up for food. It would suck, but wouldn't merit committing santoku

I will live longer. No more overeating because something is tasty, no more eating fat because it is just as crap as carrots, no more drinking, because i drink beer for its taste.

So less calories, no alcochol, drinking just pure water. Mucho healthy.

Not being able to taste would be dogshit for other reasons but I can't really think of any. You'd have to still cook and shit but it'd become a literal chore without taste. You'd never know if something was too salty or if it was "off" and about to give you the shits. I imagine capsaicin would be the way to go.

Sure you would live longer, but would that life be worth living?

i'd rather kill myself if i lost my penis

Many times I eat just to get rid of the nagging stomach, so I probably wouldn't even mind. I could eat a lot more healthy without all the hassle to make it tasty too.

So what? just transition, you're already a fag.

I would still crave carbs and sugar because my body is used to getting energy that way
So I would still be fat, I would probably get fatter since not being able to taste food would send me into a depressive spiral and I would just keep eating more and more even when I can't taste it and I would feel worse and worse about it

Would be pretty depressing but at least its gonna be super easy to eat healthy. Just eat grilled chicken and asorted greens every day. No need to bother with variety or seasoning since u cant taste it anyway. Would be cheap too.

>a work accident with some chems
aww, that's a lame superpower

the Veeky Forums crossboarder of the hour ladies and gentlemen

I would heavily spice all of my foods and use hot sauce. You wouldn't be able to taste it but you would still feel the spice.

I can now try things out without being disgusted by the taste, the texture might get to me still though.

i could spend my time eating disgusting shit in bars or on yt for money and keks

>cant, taste, food
-this sounds like a job for weed.

The rick and morty writer wrote some tweets about depression. Check em out and take care of yourself user

I have ibs. I already avoid delicious food. Losing the ability to taste the shit I can actually stand would be a gift.

this is literally what those soylent nutjobs claim

if eating raw onions indeed raises testosterone, then Iranians are the manliest men ever. Had an Iranian dormmate, guy chewed raw onions as you would bread.

One time I went crazy ended up doing drugs and wound up in a mental hospital. Everything tasted like cardboard. They fed three meals a day and it all tasted like cardboard. I got MacDonald's delivered to the hospital and the nuggets tasted like cardboard. It was like this for 2 months.
Worst thing honestly is that I could remember how it should taste, like I knew what a chicken nugget should taste like but when I are it it tasted like cardboard, that was fucked.

I'd just replace taste with various sources of heat. Chillies, raw garlic, mustard, radish etc.

Reminds me of that movie where that fat kid fell out of a tree or something and lost sense of taste, then he became addicted to eating apples because of the crunch/texture.

lost my taste 4 years ago and i'm still alive and still lurking Veeky Forums

Nigga what? Do you have the big ks (canskers)?

your image seems..lacking

hmmm.......

The last thing he probably wants to hear right now is that he's some kind of tortured genius.

Fucking great, I'll never be a weak bitch and have a cheat day again.

Can we cut the amount of necessary sleep to an hour too?

hmmm.......

Undefined. I feel like kms everyday, but I wont.

imdb.com/title/tt1439572/reference

You should watch this movie then. They lose sense of taste etc, very food-kino.

there are people with no sense of smell, which means they can only "taste" five things (sweet/sour/bitter/salty/umami). what a sad way to live

I knew someone who got a nose cancer, forgot exactly where in the nose. He got it cured but he lost his sense of taste.
It's what this user said. He was obese and now he's fit as fuck because everything is tasteless.

You should try doing more MDMA and psychedelics.

feeling full is still nice.
Also what causes loss of taste?

posting on /tv/

I would eat gross things for money

That is up to the liquor that I'll now be able to throw back at an even heavier rate

>>>>>>>>>>ttthis

My father has gone through chemo and radio because of lymph node cancer and he has difficulty eating anything because the cancer is pushing on his throat and he lost taste due to some medication. He used to love eating, now he fucking hates eating. That’s how it’s is for people that can’t taste or eat properly, he finds food abhorrent now

I haven't heard of anyone killing themselves from drinking nothing but soylent yet.

Due to nasal polyps, I went 6 months with absoltuely no smell or taste. It sucked

Wait until my cold is over and move on with my life.

Can confirm. Went to a few Persian restaurants a while back and they served us raw onions and butter instead of bread. Or maybe they were just having a laugh at us white folk.

I’ll pray for you user

I'd probably just drink more alcohol