Hey that dish was great. I'd love the recipe for that!

>Hey that dish was great. I'd love the recipe for that!
>"It's a secret"

>Letting you steal and take credit for my dish

That shit is a secret brev

I do that too
Fuck off gipsy nigger

This is the equivalent of not telling someone the make and model of a vehicle because you’re scared they’ll get it too.

>tfw there's no such thing a secret ingredients
>tfw the only "secret" is taking the time to carefully cook, go through your processes with care
>tfw the secret ingredient is unironically love

I don't understand it when they do it to other family members. It's not going to be a family recipe anymore if you're the only one that knows it, fuckface.

this
and it's never the same if you cook it on your own and are very self-critical.

This actually touches me a little. I watched a show recently about scientist versus chef and the scientist made mashed potatoes by breaking the potato down on a molecular level and the chef made them a more classic way.

At the end, the scientist’s potatoes were gross and the chef’s were of course delicious.

The chef chided the scientist because he didn’t love the potato or taste it even as he was making it not before serving his finished product.

how do i love the potato?

>I'd love the recipe for that!
oh yeah let me take out time and fucking write it down for you, yeah im a good slave for you haha i will do what you want because you said YOU WOULD JUST LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE RECIPE
and i would love to tenderly fuck you or your woman if you're a guy but no

I'd rather they say that than give me a version where they intentionally leave out one or more ingredients or steps because then I'll try it and think I fucked it up. But I agree, unless you're a restaurant owner it's damn narcissitic not to share recipes.

Have you thought about offering 5 bucks for his/her work of writing down the recipe?
Or are you that cheap?

A single tear went down my eye, because it's true for everything.
Check'd

Can I get a name or a link for this? i'm intregued.

I deciphered the secret ingredient in your mum's pasta, mozzarella tomatoes and pesto salad recipe you were bragging about: raw egg yolks. Fuck you Aurelien, I give the entire recipe around every time I can.

>because it's true for everything.
You should see a doctor, tears should be reserved for special occassions

No, this is bullshit. I mean, just ask what the name of the dish is and Google a recipe. there's a chance someone put in time and effort to make it their own.
To be honest, the minor ingredient changes probably won't affect the outcome of the dish in any significant way, and those that do are glaringly obvious.
But don't be that guy.

Got a stroke or something?

But they didn’t come up with and make the car dumbfuck.

Be the potato

BBC 4 chef versus science

>being so inept that you can't discern the ingredients and cooking methods used

Are you 19yo and still get takeout?

Like when your child is born.

>"what's it called?"
>google it and the recipe is the first result

I didn't use a recipe. Just threw in some if this and some of that.

BASED PEPE PLUS DUBS PLUS LOVE

KEK IS WITH Veeky Forums TODAY

Not the point. You think the people that make “new” recipes are the only ones that do this?

>That chicken parmesiean was great
>Whats the recipe?
>REEEEEEE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO EVER MADE IT ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THE TOTALITY OF HUMAN KNOWLEDGE REEEEEEEEEE HOW COULD YOU EXPECT ME TO GOOGLE SOMETHING NOBODY CAN SPELL

> People ask me for recipes
> I eyeball and do everything to taste so there's no recipe and it's different every time
> Try to explain cooking techniques and flavor combinations I used instead, get blank stares

> But user, WHAT IS THE RECIPE for making a bechamel? And how much onion is in the soubise? How much cheese did you add? How much is "enough" pepper?

>heh... i'd tell you, but then i'll have to kill you..

Ask yer mum

I loved that episode.

Cooking is an art, but it helps to have a list of what paints were used.
But baking, baking is a science.

I have the opposite problem. I get asked for recipes but I can only tell then what is used and not how much because I just pour stuff into my hands or directly into it. Mainly because I alter it based on differing amounts of main ingredient and/or smell. And sometimes I add things or alter stuff to make it more something because I'm fancying that flavor.

>Car analogy