Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums,
what’s the best cream to use in carbonara?
I’m leaning towards heavy.
Thanks guys!

>creamy carbonara

this is bait

>Using cream

Bait.

The no cream meme is pretty hilarious when you look through the reddit food sub with carbonara posted every other day and 9 out of 10 of them are either too watery, too dry or noodles with scrambled eggs. So authentic haha.

This is really stupid bait. What other kind of cream would you use in the first place? Half and half? Just using the word “cream” implies “heavy whipping cream” and the slightly lighter kind isn’t so much lighter as to matter much one way or another, especially for cooking. Their entire picture is of an incorrect carbonara, let alone their actual question.

carbonara has no cream in it
the only ingredients that are used are
>eggs
>guanciale(you could use thick cut bacon diced)
>pepper
>pecorino(parmigiano is okay too)

you should use only the red part of the egg (sorry I don't know the English word) but it's alright if you use the whole egg
one egg per person
one spoonful of cheese
you cook the guanciale
and whisk the other ingredients
just don't cook the eggs, you must put the hot pasta in the eggs with guanciale

t. italianfag

Cream is perfectly acceptable in Carbonara. Culinary historians have traced a recipe for back to the late 19th century and the original was definitely made with cream.
>the only ingredients are
>completely omits the pasta
Yeah, you know what you’re talking about.

Except Carbonara was invented in Roman times.

the word you're looking for is 'yolk'.
also, red in english is 'yellow'

>the best cream to use in carbonara?
fuck you!

Carbonara tastes better with cream.

You're basically just watering down the sauce.

No, you're not.

this

How hot should my pan be as to cook the egg but not scramble. Im making this soon and I don't wanna fuck up the technique

Is it carbonara without cream?

Oil in a pan with two cloves of unchopped garlic
add your pancetta and fry until just turning crispy,
remove the garlic.
beat two eggs and add two TBS of parmesan cheese and mix together, adding some fresh ground black pepper.
Once your pasta is cooked, add it to the frying pan and stir in the pancetta, ccoat the pasta with all the cooked pancetta and oil.
allow to stand and cool for a minute or two to cool down so once you then add the egg and cheese, it wont scramble.
once youve added the pasta to the pan and stirred, add a qtr cup of hot pasta water o it and stir in, then you add the eggs and cheese mix and keep stirring in the mix, you should see that with the added water that it starts to emulsify the egg and cheese mix and trun it into your creamy sauce
add finely chopped parsley on top and fresh black pepper and a touch of salt to taste.
serve it up and enjoy,
i make it all the time and its really nice, using fresh spaghetti is the best out of all the pastas

Obvious bait is obvious.

I thought that a recipe based on spaghetti didn't need to have them in the recipe, I'm sorry that you americans don't get these things

I didn't remember the word, thanks for the correction
in Italian we don't call it "the yellow part" (if you don't know words) but the red one

are you retarded? 'giallo d'uovo' means 'yellow of egg'