Tamarind

I have a jar of this shit that's going to expire very soon. What are some authentic Asian recipes I can use it in? The more complex the better, I'm bored and have nothing better to do.

Cover yourself in it and run out into traffic.

What does tamarind taste Like?

Mostly sour with a slight sweet component

But it isn’t sbicy?

Are you think turmeric? Tamarind is a fruit.

pad thai

Make it into a chutney and fry up some pakoras

Shrimp and tamarind soup is delicious.

Good ideas, anons. Thanks. Though I do have a massive bottle of pad thai sauce that also needs to be used so I can't really be bothered to make my own from scratch.

Lots of Indian recipes use it. Try rasam.

Son in Law Eggs - Thai deep fried eggs with tamarind, chilli etc.

Or fry up onion, garlic, chilli etc and use it as a base sauce for stir fried something

>mix tamarind, soy sauce, and anchovy paste
>??????
>filter solids out of your fresh Worcestershire sauce

Tastes like bitter flavoured bitter

Make a chilli sauce by pounding chillis and garlic together in a mortar and frying gently in a tbsp oil until aromatic. Add a couple of tbsp tamarind mixed with warm water, and a tbsp brown/palm sugar. Stir and bubble until thick sauce.
Use it to top deep fried bass/sea bream.

turmeric isn’t spicy either

no, not with this stuff

this is indian tamarind concentrate, its molasses like, biter, suuuuper sour...thai recipees need tamarind juice or fresh pulp
this stuff is good for chutney, maybe souring a curry or soup, and south indian tamarind rice....dont use it in your thai food tho, it will taste super wrong

Expiration dates are a way of producers convincing you to buy more stuff.

>"It expired yesterday! My God, it's going to go nuclear!"

Yeah, right.

Beef rendang. Quite a few Indonesian recipes use tamarind paste.

>chili and sea bass

I'm very grateful for all the replies, anons. Decided to go for soups and curries.
Very good to know, thank you.

Chicken vindaloo recipe I'm about to make called for tamarindo. Housemates have a whole jar of vindaloo spice or whatever, never touched it in like 2 years. Gonna cook the shit out of that.