Alright Veeky Forums i come to you my life

alright Veeky Forums i come to you my life.
about 3 months ago I was diagnosed with ibd/ibs after shitting out blood anytime I ate beans or milkwhich led to me being sick and not being able to eat most food. did a colon and endoscopy and a Crohns test that only said I have a 2cm hernia.

my gi doctor gave me Zantac and a digestive enzyme but couldn't really tell me how i could recover besides avoiding food that hurts. so far the only foods i can eat that don't make me sick are
potatoes
jasmine rice
olive oil(depends on brand tho)
blueberries
spinach
cheerios
egg whites

problem is that im still losing weight (135lbs) and was hoping if you guys would suggest some options I could add.
Thanksgiving sucked ass.

I was hoping this would be a story about milkwhich

Eat more

You could make an egg fried rice with the rice, egg whites, and spinach. Olive oil might be a bit weird for fried rice but it can work. What spices can you have?

Also, have you asked your doctor about a fecal microbiota transplant? It’s a little weird, kind of gross, and somewhat experimental but some studies have found the procedure can help with IBS. I’d reccomended doing some research on it and talk to your doctor to see if it could work out for you.

I'd get a second opinion, and if your still having heartburn after being on zantac, ask for prilosec.
I'm not sure what foods you've tried that are painfull, but try grits, oatmeal, tuna/chicken salad, cream of mushroom soup, jello.
the last time I had a bowel resection which was a year and a half ago, the priest was talking to me before surgery and said he had crohns as well. he said, he is symptom free when he doesn't eat ANY dairy. maybe give that a shot for a couple weeks.

thanks i'll try that fried recipe with olive oil

>Also, have you asked your doctor about a fecal microbiota transplant?
just found out about it and will ask on my next visit really hope they approve of it. sounds promising
> but try grits, oatmeal, tuna/chicken salad, cream of mushroom soup, jello.
thanks forgot about those.

>I'd get a second opinion
yeah i might do that. i have basic tier insurance so limited on my choices lol and i've been milk free since it started which has helped!

Add the spinach last, you want it to still be slightly crisp so as to add texture to the meal.

Why dont you just get on some kind of medication? Like humira or remicade?

Booze and coffee are out of the picture. Smoking obviously is a no no. I had to go vegan, then progress back up to meat/dairy. Probiotics will help and if your stomach is exceptionally weak, clear broths are your best friend.

Go whole-foods plant-based.. Seriously. People with IBS get significantly better.

The only thing I ever found that helped with my IBS is peppermint oil supplements.

no crohns was discovered when they tested. but maybe i'll ask the next doctor if thats an option
thanks again!
that sounds promising how long did it take you to recover?
i can't eat beans or lentils. but i think im technically vegan atm?

You could have celiac disease. A lot of people who end up having it are originally misdiagnosed with IBS. Try taking gluten out of your diet for a month and see how it goes.

Also notice that all the foods on your list are gluten-free.

Pay attention, I'm about to fix your shit. Literally.

>BPC 157

Go online and resesrch this. Basically you drink the stuff and it repairs IBS. Guys on Veeky Forums inject it to repair torn mucles and ligaments.

can you eat fish? I don't know if I could live without meats of any kind...
i heard cannabis helps with gastrointestinal issues but smoking is out of the case, a friend of mine who has crohn's vapes it and thinks it helps but I wouldn't know if it does medically speaking

>BPC 157
sounds to good to be true haha
going to try eating sardines and tuna this week. hope that works. my diet is all carbs+fats now

>fecal microbiota transplant
pretty sure fda only approved that for c diff

Guy who went vegan. Took me about six months. I could process lentils and beans, which truthfully were my lifeblood. Ginger also did wonders for me.

Best of luck dood. People like to joke about it, but stomach/intestinal problems are fucking miserable

It may be a digestive flora imbalance. Look into fecal transplants, they are still experimental but are known to cure digestive disorders

Thats why its experimental dipstick. Theoretically it can cure food intolerances too.

IBD and IBS are completely different. Try a FODMAPS diet.