youtu.be/3WwNbLhreKM
youtube.com/watch?v=gBbd0r277vI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cheese on top of the lettuce
This retard and his stupid Reddit fueled channel were a fucking mistake
Fuck this retard

>forcing this nu male cuck again

What's so bad about him?

He literally said not to ever do that, and he only did because that's what they do in the show tho

every single burger
he fucks every single burger up
not once has he managed to make a decent burger
and he probably made at least 10 by now
what's so hard about making a fucking burger?

Fuck you retard

Why are you so angry?

ugh guys i hate *literally every single celebrity/television chef* they're so reddit

he's a fucking entertainer, not a chef, and he's just as normie and shit as literally everyone on the food network, you're all just genuinely autistic

chef john is /ourguy/

This guy talks about reddit, does reddit AMAs and references millennial shows, if anyone is going to be called reddit it's him.

>Chefs who have worked in Michelin restaurants are the same as some numale soyboy faggot on YouTube

FUCK YOU RETARD FUCKINGA SJDAFIJASDOIJF

can someone explain this new male thing to me again?

Chef John is actually great, comfy, instructional but keeps the knitty gritty to the blog, skilled at multiple things but still admits when he's out of his comfort zone and attempts the recipe.
From what I've seen of Babish he's just an entertainer and doesn't teach you much in terms of cooking. Even to that end he isnt particularly skilled or entertaining. He also creates what could be described as "meme food" like his Himalayan ketchup.

And to your point of Veeky Forums or people saying they hate any and every celebrity chef: beyond chef john I have mentioned and referenced Michael Symon here plenty of times and not once has anyone criticized him or called him reddit.

>using meaningless /pol/ buzzwords
Learn to talk like a grown up. Until then you have to go back

He's just a fucking absolute pleb-tier chef. He uses a god damn frozen beef patty, for fuck's sake. He makes the most basic, rudimentary foods and people eat it up like he's a professional chef. He has the same culinary talent as the average cu/ck/ yet normalfags love him because he goes on reddit and references popular shit.

idk, the way you guys go on about this guy Ima check him out. you seem so angry about his channel and I'm sure it's fine. I like things.

because brainlet has to blindly hate things he classifies as "not muh sekrit klub"
ignore the retard

He literally makes a fresh patty next and says he only uses the frozen patty to duplicate the burger from the show. Are you retarded?

Literally nothing. You'll notice every criticism in this thread has zero substance.

>nu-male
>beta
>cuck
>pleb
>normie
>soyboy

Are you really going to let immature dipshits that speak only in memes influence your opinion of anything?

People that don't go out of their basement assuming that other representatives of their species are somewhat inferior to them. I would suggest not giving them the attention.

He's open about the fact that he's a nonexpert.

But he reddit though

My gripe is that he isn't skilled nor is he entertaining so I'm not sure why I'd watch him. I could watch a bad chef who's funny or entertaining, I could also watch a bland but extremely skilled chef. This guy has neither of those going for him at all, at least to me, I'm sure entertainment value is subjective.

So that somehow makes it okay?
>I'm not an expert in computers but I think you should just slam the CPU down with a hammer if you have issues with it

Pinpoint me exactly where in the video he says he is only using the frozen patty to replicate the burger, because he absolutely does not fucking say that you lying sack of shit

spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Krabby_Patty
Uhhh the pictures on here look different, though. Looks like cheese on meat.

>Japanese tattoo
I hate normies

See, that's a real concern. If anything legitimate had popped up before my original comment I probably would have highlighted it as the rare valid point, but it almost never pops up in a thread like this.

People want to crucify him for the same reason they celebrate a train wreck like Jack: because they think it's edgy and cool.

What about

What about the time where he made patties from meat he ground himself?

>Pinpoint exactly where
You can literally watch him grind his own meat for the second burger in that video. He also openly said the first one was frozen you fucking sperg

>he's a numale for cooking a hamburger

that's how it's made in the show, in that episode where he forgets how to make a krabby patty because that dude was hiding the pickles

why are they fucked up?

Thanks for the quality input to Veeky Forums, but more importantly, thanks for the (you)

the frozen patty is park of spongebob canon

t. Soyboy

Where you watch him literally grind the meat you fucking spastic.

All of this fits Gavin McInnes

>Anime reaction
fuck you retard
Fuck you

>You can literally watch him grind his own meat for the second burger in that video. He also openly said the first one was frozen you fucking sperg
That's exactly what I said, you fucking retard. I said he used a frozen patty. You said that he was using a frozen patty to emulate the burger. Then I said show me where he said that. Why the fuck are you defending this guy so hard?

why does he have to say it when the frozen patty is spongebob canon? I'm not defending him, but he isn't wrong using a frozen patty

Chef John
>Tells you how to cook the food
>Shows techniques
>Lists degrees and cooking time
Fagbish
>"uhh just cook it in oil lol"
>Sloppy, slow, messy cutting
>"whoops i overcooked it lol"

He's honestly about as good as I would be if I took cooking up as a full time job. I don't mean that as a compliment. He's not someone to watch if you want to grow as a cook.

Then don't watch him I guess. Some people do find him entertaining. I do since he's the only person recreating movie and TV show recipes.

It probably the same guy that says Townsend is a cuck because they provided a slave recipe.

Babish is providing tutorial cooking videos and stream them, user. He encourage his view to cook with him.

this dude is pathetic

The comments mentioned this. The way Spongebob makes the crabby patty differs from the instructional video in the show that details how its made. So you have to decide if how Spongebob makes it or the instructional video is canon.

That's pretty neat. I wonder if it's an oversight in production or intentional.

oliver "please donate to my patreon goys" babish

I don't get how somebody who clearly has a competent grasp on cooking techniques can so consistently fuck up his burgers. Jesus christ.

Because you work for free, right?

yeah but they're remarkably shit
>hurr you don't know how to cook? start with steaks and this """"tomahawk ribeye""""""

>Poorly recreating dishes from TV and posting a video is "work"

it is if people pay you for it
and people choose to pay him for his content through various means, so stop being a jealous faggot

>tomahawk ribeye
I shudder to think about how much he fucked that up. It's the hipster cook equivalent of numale whiskey snobs.

>it is if people pay you for it
They donate, I can watch his content completely free. That is inherently not work.

>so stop being a jealous faggot
I'm not really, dude is clearly in his mid thirties and still has 3 roommates because "I'm a chef in NYC durr!". He can probably cover his rent and a student loan payment with his patreon cash, and not much else.

Sad but true

Townsend is fun to watch. See also Great Depression Cooking with Clara.

He still gets $11k a month for that "work". Wish i could make that not working too

For anyone else here like me, here is the actual video.

1:27 he says that you shouldn’t put the lettuce down first.

At 03:00 he starts grinding his own meat for the next burger.

He technically never says that the recipe from the show requires a frozen patty.

The beginning of the video is a clip of Spongebob listing off how a Krabby patty is made and there is no mention of it having been frozen, although he is assembling it at that time so it would be out of place.

youtu.be/7EnWiGYT1g4

All of those are valid and applicable criticisms to Babish.

soyboys4babish

>gets tattoos of a scene from a shitty movie
why would anyone want to watch this cuck?

he didn't even do basic research
the krabby patty is made of imitation crab, thats a fact. thats the officially published recipe

youtu.be/3WwNbLhreKM

>the nu-male suffers from a constant need for self validation

isn't that what people do on Veeky Forums? This place is just an echo chamber circle jerk for contrarian opinions and people sperging out over autistic shit.

>nu male
>neck beard

i don't even know which is worse desu

Veeky Forums brought up some valid points as to why he's sort of poser-ish, illegitimate, whatever

I do agree he's got the typical new yorker pretentiousness at times, and sometimes he goes full meme, and sometimes a delivery falls flat
but the man is ok by me, goes all out on each recipe he does, and has just the right about of cynicism and self-deprecation that prevents me from disliking a personality

also losers like remind me of the kind of crowd who dislikes him just to be contrarian

soyboy numales are the worst, obviously, given this board is full of neckbeards, you can least tolerate their presence online, if not in irl

xD

Funny story. Clara got me into cooking. Her story are chill as heck. RIP that old nice woman.

making the exact thing, and then a better version of the thing, is the formula he uses for all of his videos. it doesn't take a genius to realize that the reason he used a frozen patty on the first burger was because they use frozen patties on the show.

he's a bit of a meme now, but his early movie-based recipes were neat to watch.

well, neckbeards are officially worse, thanks a lot jackass.

>actually tries to cook everything from scratch
>possesses technical skills
>comfy set-up
>looks Veeky Forums
Match it, Veeky Forums

I'm actually learning some techniques from him, like freezing your meat before grinding it.

>guy makes almost 10k per month from patreon after taxes and fees, about twice as much as what the average american makes
>still feels the need to include paid promotion in some of his videos

He can't really keep this up forever, not to mention New York City is a bitch to pay for anything. Ganna jew while it still plentiful before his subscribers dries up.

there's a difference between seeking validation from a few anons and get some (You)'s and making a meme channel about meme recipes in order to pander reddit

He used reddit
that is the only reason Veeky Forums hates him

go
back
to
pol
nobody
wants
you
here

Frozen patties are canon, the episode with the health inspector had a freezer.

I want you here.

>knowing Spongebob canon
You must be 18 years or older to post here.

That episode aired 15 years ago.

Not /co/ but the continuity errors always bothered me. In some episodes the krabby patty was the best burger in existence, but what made it special was sometimes the order of the ingredients, sometimes a special formula, and in other episodes it was just a normal burger made from standard frozen patties from a box and the joint had little customers at all times.

>krabby patty
>not doubleswee's recipe

>cuck cuck cuck!!!!! XDDDDD
>SOYBOY!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA XDD

>soyboy numales
fuckin cancer vocabulary. i wish i was a mod so i could ban people like you

>that's what they do in the show tho
Incorrect.

personally really fucking sick of the reference driven, pop culture SO GEEKY youtube channels in general. he's definitely gotten worse in his content over time too. I also absolutely think he should be better at clarifying that he's a bad cook and an amateur, because he is, and it just seems like false advertising when people that have never worked in a kitchen do instructional videos on the subject

mad

Spotted the assblasted nu-male betacuck pleb normie soyboy

>wearing a wristwatch while cooking

He was using the Bubble Bass episode as his point of reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=gBbd0r277vI

>"...put a Patty on a Bun with Lettuce, Cheese, Onions, Tomatoes, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles and Top Bun together in that order!"

In what way does he fuck up the burgers?