Does Veeky Forums thaw frozen food before cooking or straight into the pan it goes?

does Veeky Forums thaw frozen food before cooking or straight into the pan it goes?

Sausages go straight in

Everything else gets thawed

no just boil it

What does thawing contribute when all I need is prepared workout meals for the rest of the week?

Thawing is a scam and a meme.

how the fuck do you properly thaw a chicken with water?

In cooking, maintaining the proper heat distribution is pivotal. If you don't thaw, everything is fucked.

>frozen
>not fresh

Absolutely disgusting.

lukewarm water. keep the chicken in the package unless you're doing a brine

It depends on the food and use. Chicken gets thawed a bit so the surface is pliable, I can cut the tendon out, and to dip and dredge for frying. Or, it goes straight in to cook and gets chopped up as soon as it starts to thaw out. Like for chicken and noodles.

Hamburger patties, I made then froze, get plopped still frozen into the skillet with a lid over them.

Even the chickens I raise and butcher get frozen because there's so many butchered at once. Only a few pieces during the butchering never see the freezer.

Just put it in cold water and wait. It can be straight into the water or in a plastic bag.

is it okay to thaw the chicken out of the package if you're cooking it directly after?

so putting the chicken directly into water for 1-2 hours before cooking after is perfectly fine right?

just put it in the fridge the night before

>what does thawing contribute when I don't eat food for taste but convenience and energy
moron

Bacteria grows best at 80 degrees F to 120. Better stick my raw meat in a pool exactly that temp!

They will be dead once the chicken goes into the pan.

>1-2 hours
30 minutes is fine if you regularly change the water.

usually

I just use one change of cold water and it takes 30-45 mins depending on the thickness of the piece.

if i have to cut it then microwave, if not straight into

I take out whatever I'm cooking that night the morning of before I go to work.

I put it in a dish in the sink, come home by 6pm and its ready to be cooked, still a slight chill but thawed and not grossly warm.

I know I can defrost it under running cool water but fuck thats annoying and takes extra time.

be sure to take the chickens out of the oven at 17:39