Hey ck why is food so fucking good when youre high off your ass

i know its some scientific shit but honestly this is the best pudding ive ever tasted even though its shit tier brand shit watery vanilla diarrhea i cant understand why

did you make this

THC is a psychoactive chemical, it directly fucks with your senses. This is like asking "Why do the walls get all swimmy when I drop acid?"

YEAH I DID?

hows you et on my thread

this is my thread

You realize the number of unique posters is listed at the bottom of the page, right?

i know bitch

theres two people in this house i got so high that i thought i was in a minecraft letsplay

Me and my pal when we were teenagers got really baked and made cookies but didn't have any plain flour so we used soda bread flour (massive salt content). We were so high just chomping through them all that we didn't notice how fucking salty the biscuits were until his little sister came and tried one and was like wtf why are you eating these salty biscuits. Had one the next day and nearly puked

You must be 18+ to post on this website.

My friend and I did shrooms then made marijuana mac n cheese. It tasted only of marijuana and was honestly disgusting but being on shrooms it was good.

ACTIVATED TASTE BUDS

haahaha weed!

DUDE

Great thread

Marijuana makes you docile and content, so food isnt better when you're high; your standard for something being 'good' is just lower.

spoken like someone who has never been high

.... user I'm high right now. Sorry you can't deal with reality.

he's literally right

being high makes u appreciate certain food more, it doesn't lower your standards lol

this is basically the same thing
I will fucking destroy a taco 12-pack when I'm stoned, why is why I tend not to do it that often

it makes you appreciate certain foods BY lowering your standards, dude. the two are connected. are you retarded

Scientifically speaking, you're wrong.

Please show your work.

>Pothead can’t admit that his standards are lowered when he’s high
>”Nuh uh you just appreciate shit food more when high”
>Literally the same thing and just arguing semantics

All that THC is ruining your neural pathways and synapses boy.

unironically this

I guess you are not wrong. But I think there are other factors involved. It feels like your world gets smaller. Your surroundings get tuned out a bit and your main sensation gets homed in on. When eating, you are way more in the moment, which gives the experience more intensity.
The same goes for other senses and needs. When I need to take a leak, there is nothing more important in the world. Add to that the slight subjective feeling of time dilation and eating is just fun.

There you go bud. There’s nothing wrong with saying weed makes you like shit food. The few times I’d smoke I’d wind up eating shitty quizno subs hand over fist and canned chilli from Big Lots. Weed just makes you not give a fuck about how crap the food is.

I am not the guy, you were arguing with. Just wanted to contribute my personal impressions and maybe steer this argument towards a more reasonable discussion.
But yeah, I eat a lot of crap when under. But also when sober. Frozen hamburger patties impaled on a cocktail skewer, eaten like a popsickle? Banana-Remoulade Pizza? Both eaten while sober. What is maybe remarkable, is that I not only eat shity food, but also giant amounts of it.

I once made a bunch of chips for me and some stoned friends, one friend grabbed a jar of sugar and started using it as a dip for his chips.

Another time I was young and high in my bedroom, I had a bottle of undiluted juice, supposed to dilute it 1 to 5 parts water, it was also fucking bubblegum flavour or something stupid, but I was too paranoid to go outside to get water so started sipping it, when I woke up I had drank the whole bottle. When I went for a shit it stunk of candyfloss.

I must be the only person where getting a high doesn't affect my desire to eat or make food taste way better to me. And i don't ever get high that often anymore, like 2 or 3 times a year. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes I can pick out individual flavors better or that they seem more distinct but that doesn't necessarily make me enjoy the taste more than I do while straight.

No it's not, and... wasn't right.

There's a difference between shitty foods tasting nicer, and eating shitty foods and thinking "mehhh, I'll eat it anyway". Heck, when drinking coffee, I'll stick a bit of coffee whitener (coffee mate) in it, when high I bombard it with coffee mate because it tastes nicer suddenly. See my previous post about my friend dipping chips in sugar because it tasted nicer to him. I can also eat 2x the amount on weed. It's not that I'm content with shitter food, eating crap actually becomes somewhat euphoric sometimes.

That's a nice opinion. But even doing that lowers your standards of what you eat.
If you don't realize that pot makes you a lazy shit content with shit music an shitty jokes you can giggle over for 5 minutes straight; you're delusional.

It increases sensitivity of taste and smell and it triggers some of the pathways in the brain that starvation does.

So you can smell and taste the food more intensely, and you're satisfying what your brain thinks is a great hunger, and you tend to be focused on the moment, and you tend to be in a great mood thinking fuck yeah about anything you are doing even something mundane

Leading to stoner shit like standing at the fridge tasting all of your sauces.

How delusional are you.

You're going to have to be more specific if you want a bite

In high school i ordered Pizza Hut and got high before I ate it. I couldn't eat more than three bites because it tasted metallic. I mean, shit's all preservatives and chemicals, but I never noticed before then. My taste buds had become ACTIVATED.

w2c?

as I've been saying its the same shit as how people say "Weed makes me more creative"
no it doesn't, it's just lowering your standards. your music or art or food or whatever is just as shitty as it always is, in fact maybe worse because your cognitive abilities are impaired. but your perception is altered so you think it's great

>I couldnt eat pizza hut because i was so ACTIVATED
jesus christ man get a grip on reality.

Reality is boring after you become ACTIVATED.

WEED

Your body uses endocannibinoids to regulate certain systems.

When you introduce THC to your system, it blocks a receptor in your brain that receives a message from your stomach, telling your brain that the stomach is full. This means you can eat and eat and eat, and not feel as full as you actually are, meaning your brain sends out the same levels of dopamine for eating as if you were on an empty stomach, all the time.

You just described a change in hunger or satiety. It doesn't address how the flavor of food changes when you're high.

Nott hat user but your brain is very open to senses when you're high. So shitty food becomes good food etc.

Getting stoned as shit and eating some steak doesn't make you more open to flavors. You just appreciate it more because your standards are lower.

the flavor doesn't change, your brain's perception of it does based on how hungry your mind thinks you are

It's really not complicated. Being high makes literally everything better. That's why people get high in the first place.

>Nott hat user but your brain is very open to senses when you're high.
Right. But what's the specific mechanism behind it? What chemical(s) are acting on what receptor(s) in what manner?

>>You just appreciate it more because your standards are lower.
That's one explanation, but it could be any number of other things. For example, your "standards" may be unaffected, but it could be a change in the pleasure-reward area of the brain, or it could involve a stronger signal from your taste buds, or it could be a change in how your brain processes that flavor, etc.

Unless we know the specifics everyone is just throwing around personal opinions and wild guesses.

>That's one explanation, but it could be any number of other things. For example, your "standards" may be unaffected, but it could be a change in the pleasure-reward area of the brain, or it could involve a stronger signal from your taste buds, or it could be a change in how your brain processes that flavor, etc.
So in other words, because of a substance your standards for quality are lower and easier met.
>Unless we know the specifics everyone is just throwing around personal opinions and wild guesses.
.... Yes that is the beauty of having a discussion about it. Some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that marijuana and its high effects cause you to giggle at stupid shit or enjoy doritos that much more.

>but science says weed is good! Cures cancer, hiv, pain!

I only appreciate the finest music and the funniest jokes. With or without substance assistance.

>Random fuck can't admit that smoking weed just alters your perception of the world around which allows you to appreciate things you wouldn't normally
>"dude ur like so brain damaged for having a different opinion xD"
maybe you should try getting high just once to open that closed little mind of yours

Most adults who smoke weed probably wouldn't fit the /pol/yps idea of a so-called "stoner", not all people who smoke weed act that way... in fact i think it's more of an American thing, really.

Have you ever been high? Honest question, don't lie to me boy.

The best stuff when you're high is the healthy stuff. I remember I had some avocado Sandwhich when I was high on edibles the first time. I could write a poem for how good it tasted.

Junkfood tastes allright too when high, but why ruin your transcended tastebuds if you could attune to proper food??

desu when I start eating a lot when high I am never content, always wanting more

Only problem here is being british.

my tolerance for weed is high as shit no pun intended. all it does is make music more enjoyable even when i take massive bong hits, fucking sucks.

I'm not British you fucking gluebag

>mixing weed with hallucinogens

fresh fruit/veg are the GOAT high.

I can't say much for fruit because I hate a lot of the textures, but veggies are amazing. Anything with starch or carbs ends up fucking ludicrous

>doing hallucinogens without smoking weed
You're a fucking retard. Yes it is true it doesn't get you high in the sense that it does when sober but it does enhance the trip significantly.

MREs are the best stoner food.
Random contents, lots of little packages to open, stuff to do like shaking drink packets, using the flameless ration heater, tearing open pouches.
I highly recommend you order a few off eBay and try them.