What is the most potent thickening agent?

What is the most potent thickening agent?

>inb4 cummies
Probably corn starch.

Cummies.

Fuck you, asshole. I came here specifically to post semen, but you just had to fucking ruin it, didn't you? I'll tell you something, motherfucker. Back in my day, we didn't have asscunts like you inb4ing replies you don't fucking like. Veeky Forums wasn't your own personal god damn hugbox that you could police with your inb4s and your smug anime girls. It was a place of god damn culture. You spineless fuck. I swear on my god damn mum, mate. The next time I see an inb4 against something I am about to post, I will shit fury upon you like you've never god damn seen, fucker.

Bro chill

>I came here specifically to post semen,
well he said "cummies," so you're still good

Isn't it, like, the same thing?

Maybe it's time you up your posting game instead of parroting retarded shit others posted before you

Inb4ing has been around since at least 2007

Maybe you should go /out/ more

cement

xanthan

epoxy resin it also a thing

seconding corn starch. You could build a house with that shit

you lost

Xanthum gum

WRONG!

It's agar

American diet

also wrong

its cement

I believe the proteins hagfish produce to create slime are considered among the strongest.
Either that or agarose.

Your usual water/cement ratio is somewhere between 0.35 and 0.45. You actually need more cement than water to make concrete.

Meanwhile 1% agarose gels are already pretty solid.

look into powered lubes, most of them are used in food as thickeners, but they also thicken slick so they are used as lubes too.

honestly interested in a thickeners that are viable for home use, agar seems to be really fucking good, but expensive as all hell.

For food, xanthan gums, agar-agar, methylcellulose, carrageen, angellan, and locust bean gum are the most popular. But the strength varies depending on what you're thickening, the nature of the thickener (preparation and grain size), temperature, and a few other factors. IMO locust bean gum is the most potent by mass overall. I will post a screenshot from modernist cuisine if I can find it, as there was a very useful chart.

I've found most thickeners will work up to a certain point, and then they start to exhibit undesirable traits.

I've had a lot of success using both Xanthan Gum and Cornstarch as a thickening duo. If you use too much Cornstarch, when your sauce cools it will gelatinize. If you use too much Xanthan Gum, it will impart a slimy texture. If you use just the right amount of both, you can thicken sauces anywhere from "pudding consistency" to "light syrup" consistency and it will still retain a good texture and viscosity even after being cooled.

>newfag pretending to be an oldfag

I’ve been here since ‘05 I can vouch for him:

Yur a fagit

Man, hagfish produce a lot of cummies.

Gelatine, Paprika Powder, Condensed Onion Soup. None are better and versatile as corn starch tho