This is the ideal ice cream shape. You may not like it, but this is what peak ice cream looks like

This is the ideal ice cream shape. You may not like it, but this is what peak ice cream looks like

Other urls found in this thread:

uoguelph.ca/foodscience/book-page/milk-solids-not-fat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want ice cream . I DEMAND ICE CREAM

Wrong. Ice cream comes from a scoop. You're getting fucked with that square shit.

Fuck off sphere cucks

This is only useful if you're a fat shit getting more than two scoops

I will fuck right on with my giant, scoop-shaped balls.

TWO SCOOPS

What is even the point anymore? "Hard" ice cream is like what soft serve was in the 1980s. You need to make it yourself at home for ice cream to be the proper consistency without all the "overrun" they put into the shit they peddle as ice cream today.

Stop buying shit brands

Fuck you faggot, I bet you're the kinda homo that would kiss me on the lips and cuddle after we fucked, ya queer.

f

Ohhhh, really? It is the brand's fault? do you know what "overrun" is? It is air forced into the ice cream to make it softer. I've eaten every brand of ice cream, in my area, and none of them are like the regular ice cream from the 1980s. Only homemade stuff compares to that. When you bit into a scoop on a cone, it actually has quite a bit of resistance to it.

You're retarded, if you want less air buy a premium brand.

Ohhh, the "premium" brand. Pray tell, what is this magic brand with nearly no overrun in it?

I think what you want is a popsicle.
Ice cream with almost no overrun is going to be a block of ice.

Ice Cream Tier:
Frozen Custard
Ice Cream
Gelato
Sherbet
Sorbet (No Milk)

All these fucking millennial who don't remember early 1980s ice cream at all. Anyone here remember needing to heat up your dipper or knife to scoop or slice through a bucket or block of ice cream? People literally broke handles on that stuff all the time.

You sir, don't know jack shit. Fuck I bet you think Ben & Jerry's has always been like it is too. Fucking Unilever.

You're thinking of widespread usage of natural gums and stabilizers now. There was always air in your ice cream doofus.

I could use a big cone of soft serve ice cream covered with a hard chocolate shell right now. Oh man.

the best ice cream is Thriftys cotton candy flavor

Here, I made a list for you.
All Vanilla (Preferring Bean>French>Homemade)

Graeter's - 101g
BlueBell - 74g
Jeni's - 100g
McConnell's - 113g
Talenti - 96g
Ben & Jerry's - 107g
Haagen-dazs - 102g
Edy's - 65g
Breyer's - 66g
Great Value - 66g
Mayfield - 71g
Blue Bunny - 69g
HEB - 87g
Perry's - 91g
Turkey Hill - 70g
Tillamook - 70g
Kroger - 80g

This list in no way account's for the actual taste of the ice cream or the texture as it may be altered with the use of stabilizers. It's purely to compare overrun in major brands.

Ya, I'm thinking the same thing. The guy is confusing a negative aspect of ice creams from the past with something positive in his nostalgia.

All fresh made ice cream is soft. Before the widespread use of stabilizers in ice cream, shipping and storing the stuff, while maintaining quality, was extremely difficult. The ice cream from the 80's was harder to scoop not because it was denser but because your 10 minute trip from the grocery store to your house caused a bit of it to melt and re-freeze. You were basically trying to scoop a block of ice-milk.

I was there. I lived through it. I make it at home. you are completely incorrect, kid.

sounds like ice cream that has been stored in a cheap freezer for too long. like my homemade ice cream after a couple weeks in the freezer. yeah the cheap brands use too many stabilizers and whip in more air but there's plenty of ice cream shops where I live that don't do that. haagen dazs is the only store brand I can find without stabilizers. put that 1980s ice cream in your ass

>ice cream
It's December, you fucking animals.
Ice cream is for May-August ONLY

Ice-cream in the winter is a different experience than the summer. In the summer it's a requirement almost. In the winter it's an indulgence. If it wasn't frozen just going off the ingredients you'd bet it was a winter dish.

Peppermint bark
Rocky mountain road
Christmas cookies

Which 1

mah ass

It's 70 fucking degrees here when our average high is normally 45, I'll eat whatever I damn please

OH shit, nvm new flavor.

Haagen Dazs
Graeter's
McConnel's
Jeni's

>Anyone here remember needing to heat up your dipper or knife to scoop or slice through a bucket or block of ice cream? People literally broke handles on that stuff all the time.
I remember that and I was born in 93. It still happens today if I'm not careful. I buy cheap as shit ice cream usually.

Any of you got any good ice cream recipes that work with soy milk?

use the same amount of soy milk but you need to add in solids to replace the casein and whey protein you lose by not using milk. Most dairy free brands use maltodextrin to do this.

What kind of solids? Nuts?

uoguelph.ca/foodscience/book-page/milk-solids-not-fat
So going by this you need to replace the milk proteins with something you can consume, maybe soy protein would work or pea protein.
Use coconut milk/oil to replace the heavy cream.

What's the best Thrifty ice cream, and why is it chocolate malted crunch?

Thanks, man

Be warned it's gonna be not very scoopable when set up unless you get a hold of a stabilizer.

DDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPFFFFFFFF
YOU CANNOT HAVE TWO SCOOPS
YOU CANNOT HAVE LARGE SALTSHAKERS
YOU CANNOT SIP WATER DURING A SPEECH
WE WILL IMPEACH YOUUUUU

>Tfw Thriftys might die cause Walgreens bought out Rite-Aid

>ice cream with hard consistency is good
Your shit taste is showing

On the other hand
Custard is thicc and creamy and retains thiccness for a while in the mouth
Custard is God tier

N-no...

And they have announced no plans of continuing the brand

goddamm i wish my country had ice cream like you cunts

the best one here is probably ben&jerrys and that shit is expensive as fuck

blue bell is just another cheap brand, nothing special.

its the flavors my man