Rate my chicken fried rice

rate my chicken fried rice

5/10

>didn't sear the chicken
>soggy rice

2/10

Next time, sear the meat then remove from the pan. Use old rice, not freshly cooked. Use a screaming hot pan to really fry the rice before adding the meat back to cook through, add veggies late to keep them crispy, then finish with sauce in the last minute or so of cooking.

I actually did use day old rice, but yeah, I guess I should fry the rice first before anything else.
thanks man

Looks soggy, gunky, and pale - as if you cooked it all in one pan together.

Next time cook in stages, let it sit for a while to get some color (the chicken and the rice), and use more veggies. Fried rice is for when you have rice to get rid of, the rice should not be the star of the dish.

3/10
would politely try to eat if i was served this

cook the egg separately as well. That's actually one of the secrets of good stir fry in general. Some ingredients are better fried individually, taken out and then added at the end.

Also, don't overcrowd the pan. The little flecks of protein tell me that you had food boiling in it's own juices. Good fried rice/stir fry needs HIGH heat and plenty of space so food can sear properly.

What about my dinner?
Steak and vegetalbles just potatoes, onion tomatoes and carrot as well as red rice

Why make a stew out of steak instead of a cut of meat that's better suited for it?

I ca t afford 4 steaks for the rest of the house so i make due with what i got

That doesn't answer the question at all. If you want to make stew, why buy steak at all?

Well i do like it more than pork and I never actualy tried with anything else

Use chuck roast instead of steak. It's cheaper and actually well suited for slow, wet cooking. Using steak for stew is just a stupid waste of an expensive cut of beef.

What the hell are you talking about? "Steak" doesn't mean it's not from an appropriate part of the cow. What exactly do you think steak means?

4/10, wouldn't personally recommend using a bag of frozen vegetables.

You can get chuck steaks dude. Steak doesn't mean ribeye.

Will do m8 thanks for the tip ill try it next week

"Steak" is almost always used to refer to cuts that have little to no connective tissue and are suited for fast cooking, and almost never for tough cuts.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a decent sized grocery store that didn't stock chuck and round steaks. It just means it's not a whole roast, it's been sliced into smaller portions.

It looks a bit soggy. I usually use 1 tsp of soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and combine with a bit of sugar. Turns out really good.