cnet.com/how-to/cuisinart-recall-how-to-return-your-food-processor/
recall.cuisinart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please, continue

Go on

I gotta chop this onion with this Walmart knife, sec

Get it NICE AND HOT

so far so good

Onion in. Don't want any color. Couple minutes or so. Then the garlic..

I didn't see any garlic

A plate full of fukken sugar. Feel free to reduce that heat

A stick of butter. This is salted. It doesn't really matter

Oh yeah, just add the butter as soon as the sugar is all dissolved. Now the butters gonna start crackling a bit and we're gonna put this flour in

And thats it, im out.
Fuck you this is an ambush not a cook a long.

rude

Nice and thick. A very small pinch of red pepper and a bit of garlic powder for the fuck of it. Scrape the bottom constantly and thoroughly so it doesn't burn. Smooth sailing from here

ARE YOU MAKING A FUCKING ROUX FOR A MARINARA? WHAT TEH FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU MNA?!?!??!??!?!?!?
IM TRIGGERED BEYOND BELIEVE:

Don't put too much red pepper or your senior customers will be scared away. It really doesn't take much to add noticeable heat. Now we add the pureed plum tomatoes and some salt and pepper

>This is salted. It doesn't really matter
I guess not with a pound of sugar in it.

disregard senior customers and crank up the heat

If you saw the difference in salt added when making up for it being unsalted, its literally insignificant. And that's not a lot of sugar, these are canned tomatoes read: fucking bitter

And so, dash of pasta water

>Canned tomatoes
>bitter

maybe if you buy shit cans or its just a amerifat problem. Canned tomatoes are in general a fuck lot sweeter than fresh.

Stop posting.

Pasta water!

One more thing...

Weird my friend in Ukraine says everywhere she finds tomato sauce in Europe it's bitter. But yeah. It's American as fuck. I'm making this for mass consumption and it can't be bitter. So what? It's 420am and I'm posting a live marinara thread. Why don't you go and fuck yourself

also rude

I'm sorry

Here have more basil

Just fuck my shit up

perfect ingredient to apologize with

>tfw not smelling basil right now

Couple hours on medium heat, scraping the bottom every few minutes,and this is gonna boil. Simmer a couple hours longer and I'm done. It will continue to thicken in the crock pot tomorrow.

Wa la

I do this 5 times a week. Anything I can do to make it better? Besides anchovies. I don't want any problems with fish allergies

It's in the steamy pic. That part goes fast. By the time I get it thoroughly stirred into the onions, I add the sugar. Don't want it to burn. I dunno how many cloves it is. A heaping 3.35oz souffle cups. I'd use more but my boss is a Jew

Mac n cheese pizza

I learned to cook in this podunk pizzeria I started at 4 years ago as a driver. And browsing Veeky Forums ofc. And now I'm a one man crew and I do volume. So y'all can hate if you wanna. I'll just be over here making these pies

would totally have with pepperoni bits while buzzed

>Mac n cheese pizza
that looks like shit

this is how to do it

I know it's mac n cheese, but damn that is a lot of cheese.

I literally just used the cheese sauce as the base, tossed the noodles in more cheese sauce and topped with cheddar. I had a bucket full of cheese sauce to use up after making Mac n cheese the first time for Thanksgiving. So it was just a regular Mac n cheese dish, but as a pizza. It was good and it disappeared fast

>disappeared fast
best of feels

Like half of that MIGHT be NSF approved....

marmite, soy sauce

>sugar and roux in marinara
That's terror.

Do people just bottle pasta water for future use? What the fuck is going on?

It's for mass consumption. Also time is an issue so I can't cook it all day long so I think that's why we do the roux.

I was taught a bastardized version of the recipe a year ago and this is what I've made it into after a while of reading here and making it almost every day. For instance we used to fry the fresh basil, garlic, and onions all at once but then I learned that garlic burns very quickly and that frying fresh basil is real retarded. But I did ask above if anyone has tips to improve. Keep in mind im cooking on a butane single burner and I regularly do this in the middle of the day while making tickets and my help is usually a high schooler or the female owner who expects to be treated like a queen. So like I said I can't really simmer it all day

It is missing a little something though. I wish I could use anchovies but I cant

Yeah I prep pasta in bulk a couple days a week so it's nice to just keep some around in case I want to thin something out, or I add it to this cause our pasta is all rinsed so at least this way the sauce still sticks to it

Could you add some not quite pureed tomatoes to give it a bit more texture, and maybe some oregano (dried should be fine) would go good

Yeah I was thinking of doing 3 cans on the lower setting for a bit more texture. We used to hand crush one can but that part came out just stringy and unappealing imo so I nixed it. But I do think it could use more texture so I will do a little less puree.

I'll try oregano, thanks

Fuck yeah we done boiled

>wa la

Forgot pic

Let's get it right out of that danger zone

If I don't check back before I go home then goodnight friends. I've been in this fucking shop for 24 hours

What does this mean?

what the fuck was his problem?

Op here. I can get why he wouldn't want the sugar. But the truth is, our recipe is successful and there's no need to remove that aspect of it. Our sauce is not sickly sweet. But I do understand why he would disapprove.

As for the roux, I guess he's just a purist and thinks it shouldn't be done for some abstract reason. But objectively speaking I wonder if there's really any problem at all

Add nutmeg

Salt and sugar are pretty much required unless you're pulling tomatoes from your garden in the summer.

>Our sauce is not sickly sweet.
This is all that matters.

A Tony manera marinara?

Thanks. Im taking note of all the suggestions. Someone mentioned putting a couple of whole cloves in with their spaghetti sauce to give it meaty flavor in a thread about whole cloves, so im gonna look into that as well

Other than that I know my texture is way off. When I cut the handcrushing step my prep time and clean up was cut way down and also sauce output increased because the old chef taught me to drain one can and hand crush it. But when I realized the liquid didn't go through the sink screens because it's full of tomato pulp, it bothered me we were wasting what could be 12% volume of our sauce just for some handcrushed texture. So I finally cut that but only compensated by adding an extra hour of reduction. So now I will ease up on the pureeing.

Adding oregano is probably a no brainer. Other than that ill research the other suggestions and see if I can make this stuff even more addictive.

Fish sauce, not even joking senpai.

I really want to try this but I don't want to get anyone sick and get us in trouble. Otherwise I gotta post the fish allergy stuff, and there goes some potential customers. If it weren't for that, i would have already experimented with anchovies or anchovy paste

Someone suggested msg in another thread. I'm not against the idea but eh. I want to experiment with the other options first

Another idea is reduce the sugar and add either grated carrots or large chunks of carrot that you pluck out at the end. IMO it adds balanced sweetness and complexity over the raw saccharine sweetness of sugar.

Fuck yeah someone suggested this to me irl and I forgot about it. Sounds great. I'm writing this all down

Pork bones while it simmers

user they have a recall on the blade in that food processor, bits of the metal can come off and lacerate your mouth.
>but mines so old theres no way its-
it is. your blade has rivets, its part of the recall

cnet.com/how-to/cuisinart-recall-how-to-return-your-food-processor/

Okay. The thing is ghetto and nasty anyways

recall.cuisinart.com/

What kind of place you work at op?

The 100% daily salt per 8 oz of tomato sauce wasn't enough?

use semen

a new york style pizzeria in southern usa

I started here as a drunk 4 years ago. Literally walked in the door drunk and got hired as a driver. The owners were drunks too and they were really fun people but eventually the alcohol burnt them out. The guy was older and wanted to open a pizzeria so he went to culinary school just to do it and the girl was some customer that wandered in and fell in love with him and his food. Pretty odd couple really. I learned a bit from them and I weaseled my way into the kitchen by taking over the dish room and then taking over the short order cook's job when he got fired. I was already working at subway and I had sandwich making down really well

We serve desserts that are all premade, some super basic pasta dishes + lasagna which we make, apps, garlic knots, salads, subs. We have a tiny fryer that sucks ass on a slamming night but the old owners taught me to make perfect wings. I had a falling out with them and then I came back to work when the place changed hands. The new owners are better at making money than the last ones and they advertise and stuff so the business has probably quadrupled under them. But it's still got a lot of potential to grow.

It's a little hole in the wall type place with just takeout and delivery. It seems a lot of people from NY love us. I personally think we use a bit too much dough but otherwise we've got it pretty good. But because the way the company is structured we tend to be inconsistent, like one day you get a sandwich from me that makes you wanna come back for life, the next day you get a sandwich from someone else and the inconsistency makes you never come back. A lot of issues with consistency. Over time I've gotten the dude boss to stop being so stingy with toppings, I mean he was putting like 2 pepperonis per slice at first and now he's getting heavier and heavier with it. Literally no one there has any culinary experience except that they used to own a bagel shop in NY

I gotta stop saying literally idk what's gotten into me

I read it, it's pretty good

pls

I started this blog just for you

some ideas of not expensive things you can add to improve depth
bay leaves
thyme
wild basil
soy sauce
olives
marjoram
rosemary
stock cube

What an annoying gif

How's your first week on Veeky Forums been?

excellent picture, very helpful

MFW he's actually making "sunday gravy" like gravy

If you're actually serious I'll help you out.

>Brunoise onion, sweat with garlic in pot w/ oil You really shouldn't have problems with garlic burning if you are doing a proper sweat.

>Here is where you add spices and herbs if you are just making a basic sauce that you will use with everything. Personally I prefer to wait. I'll get to that point later.

> Deglaze with red wine. I know you are trying to be cheap. No need to use a $50 bottle of wine. You should be able to order from your distributor pretty cheap and its really not much added cost.

>add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. If you have a good stock use that as well. The tomato paste is your thickening agent. Don't fucking use roux.

>cook down and season to taste. Skim the top if needed.

When preparing your dish:

>drop pasta

>oil; heat pan

>ingredients: sautee

>deglaze w/ red wine

>add sauce

>this is where you add your fresh herbs

>add pasta w/ some of the pasta water

>tongs to get pasta out, spin the plate/bowl slowly as you add the pasta, top with pan leftovers, garnish

If you are in the weeds and your sauce isn't finished do this:

>3 pans, 3 burners, no oil, get them hot as fuck.

>ladle portion into first pan, as soon as it starts to cool at all, transfer to the second, then the third. Finally proceed as directed above.

also

>Don't fucking rinse your pasta

>Get a tilt skillet already.

this is clearly "pizza mac n' cheese," not "mac n' cheese pizza"

>>Don't fucking rinse your pasta
I don't for my personal dishes but for the restaurant we prep it in bulk and then freeze it and I dunno if there's really a way around it

maybe it's something I will try to get away from in the future but for now I have other priorities

also, thanks!

>>ladle portion into first pan, as soon as it starts to cool at all, transfer to the second, then the third. Finally proceed as directed above.
this part is really intriguing. I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me to do but it sounds like a valuable tip.

>for the restaurant we prep it in bulk

Pretty much every restaurant, especially those like yours, parboils their pasta. Some pasta with quick cook times can easily be cooked fresh even if its dried pasta but some takes a while. Its possible to go from dried to finished to order if you're in a location that almost always sells starters but it doesn't sound like you are.

Rinsing the pasta/shocking with an ice bath will wash all the starch off. Just parboil it, put it on a sheet pan to cool, portion, and finish to order. Do you not have a pasta basket like pic?

>but for now I have other priorities

Not going to get into a rant about food quality and priorities because I get where you are coming from. I've been in the industry a long time. If there is anything else I can help with feel free to ask.

It just shocks the sauce and rapidly cooks it because lots of heat+surface area allowing you to accomplish 95% of what a lot simmer accomplishes in a short amount of time but only with small batches and only if done correctly.

It works with lots of things not just pasta sauce. I first picked it up years ago when I was working out of a kitchen in Laguiole where it was done purposely and not because of a time constraint but I picked up on how useful it could be in other applications.

reading this post gave me cancer

>Do you not have a pasta basket like pic?
our place is an ancient building and the owners don't like investing much so we have no flat top, we just have butane burners, a pizza oven, a small fryer and the fire department looks the other way

We have another location with one of those, and the """"chef"""" there doesn't do anything like that to utilize it. I've imagined that if I had that to work with, I could do much better with the pasta. He just uses that to thaw it, same thing we do in our location

Well thanks man that's a really cool tip that I might be able to utilize sometime in my career. You said in Laguiole you were doing it purposely, would you tell me more about it?

>If there is anything else I can help with feel free to ask
You could probably revamp our entire restaurant. Nobody there knows jack and I'm learning as I go.

I think the next thing I want to learn to do is make use of our waste so I was thinking I need to learn to make stock. Other than that, there are some premade ingredients we use (meatballs for example) that I think would be great if we started making in house. But I have to take things one issue at a time. I'm pretty much the only real worker there besides one of the owners and I do everything from lawn and equipment maintenance and even some marketing. I should probably gtfo cause I don't get paid that much, but like I said I started there as a drunk so I'm just trying my best to grow while I'm there

Google NSF, Fucking millennials

>>>/facebook/

I did but it seems you're implying my prep methods are unsafe?

They probably are but a little elaboration is welcome :^)

Yeah, don't add sugar or flour and use better tomatoes