$499 raw fish placed on cooked rice

The biggest scam in the cooking world. Where were you when an old man tricked everyone into hypebeast sushi?

>An old man

I think you mean "the entire island of Japan" because their culture does this every single time they 'discover' something they like. Katana looks cool, so it's the legendary weapon of unlimited power and so they copy paste it for all time. Fish and rice go well together, so its the legendary food of ultimate power that must be copy pasted for all time. Anime is a decent art style, so all cartoons must be copypasted aesthetically identical productions for all time, etc etc.

Basically Japanese culture is "discover something and then get really, really autistic about it"

I've tried a ton of different kinds of sushi, from a ton of different places, I just don't get it. I do respect the fact that people like it, but among the young crowd, if I have to hear another 19 year old thot scream "omg I LOVE sushi!!!!!!!". I'm gonna fucking snap.

He is one of the best sushi craftsmen.
Do you call an old man who is paying the highest rent in the world in Ginza, a cheater?
Does it say that the song of Lady Gaga does not cost so it is a fraud?

>Craftsman

He puts raw fish on rice dude tone it down

He worked in Ginza for many years. Ginza was a place where rich people of Japan gathered.
He continued the best performance there.
As rich people say that women eat sushi, women accompany the rich.
He is a living myth. But that is not his sin.

You need to learn more about life.
I look forward to your future.

How did sushi even end up being considered high class cuisine? Wasn't it originally just a method of storing fresh fish?

fuck all these weeaboos OP, you are entirely correct.

SEETHING

Is it comfortable to have your head that far up your own ass or do you just do it for show?

>Fish and rice go well together, so its the legendary food of ultimate power that must be copy pasted for all time.

It's fucking fast food. Japs don't give a shit about it one way or the other.

Rather, their culture puts dedication to skill on a pedestal. Fast food they don't give a shit about, but an autistic man who spends his entire lifetime perfecting his preparation of fast food is to be admired.

And even then, they don't particularly give a shit about Jiro. Yes he's got a Michelin star and is considered the best sushi chef in the world, but he's considered the best in the world /according to foreigners/ which doesn't sit well.

His sushi is very small.
The customer drinks alcohol at a girl's shop and dines at a girl's shop. The customer draws the girl out of the store and goes to his shop.
That's why his sushi is very small. His sushi is so expensive that the girl can boast about it.
He will be happy now. Now his sushi has been evaluated and a lot of customers come to eat his sushi.

I want to watch a documentary about an american who dedicated his life to making the perfect burger.

Jiro isnt even the best sushi chef in his area.

He just got a documentary made about him, there are other sushi chefs far better and more exclusive than him.

Hence the /according to foreigners/ bit

Sergeant Sanders participated in the First World War. After that, he announced his own experience, and based on it he produced a television drama "Combat" as a story of World War II.
So, when battle was aired in Kentucky, texts commendable to Kernel Sanders were added.
· · · "Lie" "Legend story" was once popular in Japan.

>kernel

Meh,

I already ate at Sushi Saito and Sushi Tokami, I dont need to eat Jiro's sushi at all, I am already happy I ate at the best sushi restaurants in japan.

He is an old man. Now there may not be the original ability.
But he is a hero.
There is a branch in department store "Takashimaya" in Nihonbashi.
You can eat the work of his disciples there.

You mean Mr McDonald?

You're right.
Westerners made myths of Japanese food. The legend of Sukiyabashi Jiro is one of them.
There are plenty of wonderful sushi restaurants.
And now in Japan, not only Japanese cuisine, but also fantastic chefs of French, Italian and fusion cuisine are active.

THERE HE GOES, HE DID IT AGAIN.

Is the constant Jiro trolling Veeky Forums's new Bane posting?

Taking the bait because this continues to piss me off. Do you wander through an art museum scoffing "He puts paints on canvas dude tone it down"

Tell me in your words, what's the difference between cheap sushi and top sushi?

>anime is real
>katanas are an everyday tool in Japan
>interpersonal relatoinships are like dragon ball in Japan
This is what passportless flyover weebs actually believe
It's been like this for at least 5 years

same as the difference between diner ribeye and peter luger ribeye

they sell more adult diapers than baby diapers in japan due to lack of procreation, an aging population and fucked up fetishists.
I learned this from reddit

Um like 2011 this doc old as fuck why is it popping on this board for the past week now?

Anyone dumb enough to pay that much for sushi deserves their money taken from them. I see no problem here

Its one faggot spamming it constantly on here and /tv/

>fags getting fake-outraged about fads that died 5-10 years ago
you know how I know you're all flyovers?

Yeah. It was also fast-food;a good supply of fish and rice meant raw fish and rice could be prepared quickly and to order for many patrons looking for a quick bite.

But like that one user put it, anything in Japan that becomes a custom or common then develops a mythos around it and then the autists come out to develop artisinal versions of very low-grade or common things.

Ay! Screw you OP! Not everyone is as poor as you are! Much respect for the aging sushi master - who still works at an age of what.. 90?

OBSESSED

YOU NO REARN HOW TO PREPARU RICE FOR 10 YEARS!!!

YOU NO HAVE DEDICATION SPIRIT.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.

KIRRO YUASERF

YAAAAAAAAAAAA UAAAOOOOOOO IKUSO WAITO PIGGGU I SURAISU YOU IN THOUSAND PIECES

>Anime is a decent art style

quality and selection of the fish, how it's handled and prepared. His sushi is probably overpriced but why should he ever charge less when he's already fully booked as it is?

Are these shit threads ever going to end?

at (((modern art,))) yes i do

>brothers revolutionize fast-food by keeping youths and cars out and making food like a factory
>they don't franchise because of quality control
>slick Czech milkshake salesman gets in on their burger joint and franchises, subletting management to other rich men
>Czech can make more money as a property developer for ever expanding maccas locations
>calls himself the founder, cutting out the brothers entirely
>brothers die penniless because of a handshake deal
>maccas becomes known for drive thru and undesirable youths

sushi, more like suck-y

what would jiro do if i farted real fuckin loud in his bar

would his perfection defeat his perversion

>and yet another thread about this
Is this a /tv/ thing?
Only /tv/ would do something like this and think it's slightly amusing.

>Japanese culture is "discover something and then get really, really autistic about it"
I'm Japanese, born and raised in Japan and currently mostly living in Japan, and you fucking nailed it, to be honest I am surprised that a whiteboy such as yourself and probably American as well could comprehend this so precisely.

Also, perhaps some nations with this grind autism potential also exist, but they dont have the comfort of strong economy and very high quality of life to practice it. While my fellow Japanese person can discover he really likes making horseshoes and dedicate 40 years and source cool metals and so on.

>Rather, their culture puts dedication to skill on a pedestal
also very correct. I am honestly surprised you can understand this and see this. Wow. Maybe you are Asian though. If you are not, then congratulations - you have quite high intelligence and ability to feel the world.

Japanese food isn't even complicated. How hard is it to roll chicken and rice into a circle. If you want skill, European food is where it's at.

What a stupid statement. I spit on you.

You can't cook European food and you know it.

>European food
huh??

>European food
is this b8

he's gonna call us samefag now even though there's 3 second difference

Would rather have a slow cooked lamb shank stew that's cooked to perfection than some pleb raw fish and rice.

>meat is european

huh? animal, are you looking for reasons to feel superior or what? dumb child.

>Literally assuming that by european food I mean just meat

retard

>schoolboy retorts
dumb child

>Uses the same insult twice

Nice rebuttal, faggot

Just admit you know nothing about food

>>Uses the same insult twice
reddit schoolboy lmao

Look m8, you can't handle the superiority of euro food. It's okay, some people just don't have taste.

lad admit you just love me and want me.

>all that repressed homolust after me
hhahaah

literally all there is to sushi is cooking the rice right
from there you just need to get the freshest, highest quality fish you can manage

>an hero

The first pare I disagree with but that last grade is oddly accurate.

You sound jelious...

>maccas