Who /stovetop kettle/?

Who /stovetop kettle/?

Went shopping for one awhile ago and now they're all super thin on the bottom and caution against using high heat.

Just use the microwave

electric kettle bro. probably the best kitchen appliance I've ever purchased.

microwaving water is for cunts

How could this even possibly be the "best" purchase you've ever made?

Holy shit, this. And they lack wooden handles. Last one I bought of course had a plastic handle and it melted.
I was gifted a copper kettle with a porcelain or ceramic handle, which is nice, but an absolute bastard to clean and not only does it not whistle but its spout is such an odd shape and size that I can't find a kettle whistle to fit over it.
If any of y'all know where I might find a heavy-bottomed whistling kettle with a non-plastic (and preferably wooden) handle, lemme know. My current one's a cunt and I'm tired of polishing it so that my kitchen doesn't look like some council estate granny's.

They've ceramic electric kettles on offer at Aldi here in the colonies this week. I've considered getting one then remembered 'fuck you, I want one for the hob.'

Stovetop kettle masterrace here. I use one of these copper coil darlings. I bought one for my mom for Christmas years ago, because she liked them so much, and then after using hers, I bought myself one. Ive had it for nearly a decade now.

what's the fastest way to heat water?

I often use my kettle when I need boiling water for pasta cause my stovetop takes longer.

>electric kettle bro. probably the best kitchen appliance I've ever purchased.
Too slow on 120V.

I do half in the pot, half in the kettle when I want lots of boiling water

That costs £200+ though

I have an electric kettle and a stovestop gooseneck kettle.
I just boil the water in the electric kettle and pour it into the gooseneck because it's faster than using the stove.

Plastic handle? That's incredibly retarded. I only see stainless steel ones here.

still faster than a 120v stove or a 120v microwave

That's what's here in Ameriland. Some metal, but I don't like them because I wanna be able to pick up the kettle without using a knit or mitt. And I don't like the plastic ones because they melt. And while I like my copper kettle with its porcelain (or ceramic; not sure) handle, just as with a metal handle, I can't touch it without heat protection. Wood handle is best handle.

Also, wtf is up with kettle prices in this country? to get a half decent one, you've gotta pay at least $50. And that's for a small, 1,5 litre one. It's literally a small pot with a spout and lid. I can get a decent pot of double a $50 kettle's capacity for less than half the price, ffs.

What produces more non-American autistic bitchfits? Tipping or microwaving water?

>drinking water with microwave stank

If the handle's like this you can hold it while the water's hot.

Thank you. I guess I'll give one of those a try some time. I suppose that if I get it from brick-and-mortar I can always return it without much hassle if it's not what I want, after all.

Bandersnatch Cummerbund is one of the most hideous """"""""hot guys"""""""" I've ever seen. I will never understand why so many find him attractive. He looks like Beavis' best friend come to life. It's like someone back in 1993 found a Zoltar machine and wished Butt-head to life and lo: Benedict Cumberbatch was born. He's ugly as a sack of scrotums.

Why do you care so much about thickness for boiling water?

I'm pretty spergy about my cookware, I've got a nice setup of vintage and modern copper pieces as well as disc bottom pans and fully clad and all that stuff that Veeky Forums NEETs consider placebo, but this is the one case where it doesn't make a difference. I promise your water isn't going to burn.

I'm worried about wrecking the pot, not the water.

Durability, for one. Something used as often as a kettle (three times a day or more) should have a thicker base so as to not wear out nor warp easily. Haven't you seen old, cheaply made kettles blown out on one side or the other?

For someone who uses his kettle infrequently, this shouldn't be a problem, but for those of us who use kettles often, thicker bottom is important.

I'm not sure what reason the other guy wants a thick bottomed kettle, but that's definitely it for me.

I know some people prefer thinner kettles because they heat more quickly while others prefer thicker because they retain heat better. Really, it's down to your preference and, short of one that falls apart worse than a Five Guys burger, there's no right or wrong kettle: there's only what's right (or wrong) for you.

>Haven't you seen old, cheaply made kettles blown out on one side or the other?
No, not really. Before I got my Hario gooseneck I had a cheapie stainless steel Chinatown kettle that I used multiple times daily for 10 years. The only reason I got rid of it was because it looked like shit, and I wanted a gooseneck.

Why would it warp when there's water in it? Why the fuck would it blow out, are you sliding it across a floor?

>he leaves water in his kettle