Cumin is my favorite spice. Can anyone suggest a recipe that features it as a main or semi-main flavor? Any cuisine

Cumin is my favorite spice. Can anyone suggest a recipe that features it as a main or semi-main flavor? Any cuisine.

Also I have fucking heaps of it.

Ground beef tacos.
Hummus.

I'll cumin your cuisine bro

Goes great with ground beef, plus spicy curry baked beans, a lot of Indian and Mexi dishes use it

Thanks bro. #nohomo

Yeah. I've mostly used it so far making Chili, or Dal.
Baked beans is a cool idea.

Eat it with a spoon.
Spoons are pretty good.

If you're ever in an authentic sichuan place, there's a dish called cumin beef which is extraordinary. til then, here's my recipe for cumin rice

>rinse jasmine rice under cold water until the water runs clear
>soak in water for 15 minutes
>change the water, looking for a ratio of 1:4 rice to water, and add enough salt that the water tastes salty
>add 2 cloves, 2 green cardamom pods, 1 stick of cinnamon, and 1 bay leaf, bring to a boil
>start checking the rice after 5 minutes: when it's just on the chewy side of done, strain and remove the whole spices
>meanwhile, dice an onion & half a head of garlic
>in a large stainless still pan, toast cumin seeds until they reach the proper aroma (this takes practice), then add butter, onions, garlic, coriander seeds, brown mustard seeds, and carroway
>cook on medium high for 5 minutes, then add the cooked rice, turmeric powder, and a good deal more butter
>cook for 3-4 minutes until rice is done
the first few times you make it it'll come out a little mushy, getting the rice to stay fluffy is pretty challenging. the texture with the whole spices against the fluffy rice is excellent.

How would you describe the taste of cumin to somebody that has never tasted (or didn't realize they tasted) it before? It's one of my favorite spices, but somebody asked me what it tasted like and I had a very hard time describing it without having some there for them to smell.

Tastes like the smell of a sweaty Indian. But in a good way.

What' s the point of taking a picture like this? All that spice is going to be lost as soon as you touch the dish.

earthy body odour

Same, always thought it smelled like an old person on a hot day.

All of this, but still somehow delicious.

Literally any Indian dish

Pan-fried potatos. Use whole cumin seeds for this.

Fry cumin with chicken, garlic, crushed almonds, parsley, tomato and saffron. Add water to cover and bring to boil. Turn down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes more or until potatoes are done. Serve delicious chicken and potato soup.

I forgot, add a little white wine or brandy as well if you want.

*tex mex

Lebanese cuisine

Shit taste dess

Hummus

Cumin seeds, 3tbsp
Caraway seeds, 3tbsp
Peppercorn, 1tbsp
Water, as necessary
Rice, 300g (2/3 lb US)
Butter, 100g (1 stick US)
>or 80g lamb's tallow
Carrot, parsnip and onion, trimmed, peeled and shredded/sliced thinly, 200g each (roughly 7oz each)
>optional, but nice: 200g of shredded and chopped green cabbage leaves
Salt, as needed
Strong stock, either chicken or veg, 1 cup
Parsley leaves and/or dill fronds, a few handfuls,

Dry toast the spices until they start to pop then remove from the pan and toss with your fingers for a minute or so to cool; set aside.
Bring a large quantity of water to the boil then add the rice, unwashed.
Boil rice, checking a grain every now and again until a little over halfway done then drain.
Rinse rice under cool, running water until the water runs clear; set aside.
Melt the butter then cook the veg in it over medium/medium high heat until it starts to brown.
Add the stock and reduce out almost completely; meanwhile, powder the spices.
Add the spices to the pan and toss about.
Shake the rice of excess liquid then add to the pan and saute through to evenly distribute veg/butter/spice mixture.
Stir in the herbs, even out the rice then lid the pot.
Place your hand on the lid and when it's too hot to keep it there comfortably, off the heat; allow the rice to finish in its own residual steam, about 10ish minutes or so.
Meanwhile, clean up after yourself and prepare any other dishes meant to be served with the rice, like chicken or lamb skewers (or pork, if you're shirk) or something.
Fluff and serve.
Makes 4 meal-sized servings (no meat or sides) or component-sized servings (with meat and sides).

As side, I like braised new beans-and-tomatoes in the summer or beetroot salad in the autumn.

Indian, Moroccan, Mexican cuisines all use it.
Hummus doesn't have cumin in it and I hope you kys you retarded faggots.

Second recipe:
Cumin seeds, 3tbsp
Peppercorn, 1tbsp
Garam masala, 2tbsp
Dry chilies, if/as desired
>optional but strongly recommended: black mustard seeds, 1tbsp
Beef mince, 80% lean, 400g
Onion, chopped, 1 large
Garlic, minced, 3-4 cloves
Ginger, minced, a thumbslength
Tomatoes, peeled and crushed, 200g
Salt, as necessary
Water, as necessary
Flour, 4tbsp
Beef stock, 1 cup
Potatoes, peeled and cut, 200g
Peas, 200g
Coriander leaves, a handful

Toast spices (except garam masala) as described above and set aside to cool.
Crumble cook the mince on low heat until it renders much of its fat.
Add onion, garlic, ginger and tomato to the pan, salt generously and up the heat to high.
When fragrant, watch for browning then add just enough water to cover.
Reduce out and add flour.
Cook flour through then add stock and potatoes.
Bring to the boil then lower heat to maintain simmer.
Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
Up the heat to high.
Allow to reduce, stirring constantly so that it neither sticks nor burns, until reduced significantly.
Off the heat and stir in the peas and coriander then lid the pot.
Clean up and prepare whatever starch you intend to serve the dish with as well as veg dishes.
Makes 4 servings.

I really like it with sweet stuff where you wouldn't expect cumin. Think like roasted sweet potatoes and parsnips.