Al/ck/ General

Crippling alcoholism general.

>I blackout out and money is missing edition

Ah I just started one too.

Finally getting comfy outside.

It's 16F, 3 inches of snow on the ground currently. Expecting 3 more tonight. Going to put some vodka in a bottle and go for a nice walk soon

Maximum comfy lads

I've never gotten what I would call blackout drunk. I've spent 6 hours drinking and done shit I regret and woken up with a killer hangover. I don't know how much more I would need to do for something like that. Generally just fall asleep at a certain point.

Not that I want it to happen I just am curious how it does

hope this thread isn't dead on christmas, I'll be here drinking alone at my computer as usual

>Going to put some vodka in a bottle and go for a nice walk soon
fuck I am very jealous of this, I love latenight walks it must be so fucking comfy in the snow

all rugged up in warm clothes sippin on vodka

My liver function test came back poorly. Doc said I have"an unhappy liver." What do lads? How do I lower my numbers? Without not drinking obviously. It'd be nice to take a week off, but I can't deal with the lack of sleep/fucked up dreams. A Xanax per night would be nice, but I don't think I can ask for that.

room for one more?

yeah I do get a bit of burning in the throat

it's the same feeling from straight liqour though, is that heartburn also?

I've never understood people complaining about things like acid reflux and heartburn

I’ve done that every Christmas, birthday... in fact every day, for more years than I care to admit

Ma nigga.

Nothing better then liquor warming your entire chest and putting that nice big grin on your face while walking in the snow. Literally nothing better

I can't speak for others but 'blackout' involves doing things, and/or consequences associated therewith, for which you have no recollection.
Why is there mayonnaise all over the kitchen counter and why does it look like a human was scooping it up with their hand? Is that my paw print?
How did I wake up in a pile of leaves in my neighbor's lawn?
Why are my housemates texting me accusing me of theft - of bicycles and liquor - and threatening to call the cops?
Then there's a moment of fear:
holy shit I hope I didn't text my family with dick pics or bitching about 10 year old complaints over how I was treated as a teenager.

Black outs are not good.
The end point here is 'how did I wake up in jail?'

I'll be here senpai.

I haven't gone to a family christmas or thanksgiving in 4 years.

Rather stay home and drink

>holy shit I hope I didn't text my family with dick pics or bitching about 10 year old complaints over how I was treated as a teenager.

I kind of know this feel.

>drunk
>not blackout fully but close
>took some pics of some food I cooked and sent it to my sister
>in the pics you can very obviously see I'm not wearing pants
>one of the pics you can see my entire dick (I somehow didn't notice this)
>she text back "wow..."
>realize what I did when I woke up and looked at my phone

I still haven't seen her since I sent those pics

>wow....;)

If there’s even the most remote resemblance, post pic this instant pls

>eliminate beer
>drink gin exclusively
>balding slows to a halt

Based

>What do lads? How do I lower my numbers? Without not drinking obviously.
ask your doctor

He said stop drinking. Kill joy. I have a couple bottles of milk thistle. I'm gonna try that.

Research which foods are good/bad for the liver.

Clams are supposed to be good. I've been drinking clamato beers but I don't think it's helping.

did you reply "i won't stop drinking" when he said that?

Nah. He just ordered me to stop. It would've been kind of silly just to say "no"

this is why I have no interest in going to a doctor and discussing my alcoholism

I don't hold it against them personally though, it is their job

The only bad part of drinking is hangovers

0/10

Eh I hadn't seen a doctor in years, but I haven't been feeling well. And not in a hangover kind of way. I have pancreatitis and a shitty liver. He probably had to throw that part in there.

>It would've been kind of silly just to say "no"
I see why you wouldn't want to stop drinking. You could try working with him to see if you can somehow moderate your drinking though. You shouldn't have to die for something you apparently enjoy.

As the saying goes: take a break today, live to drink till you're old and grey.

He said he'd prescribe antabuse or naltrexone. Wanted to put me on an antidepressant, but with me drinking, he felt that wouldn't do much good. I really just wanted a week's worth of Valium or Xanax, but he probably wouldn't prescribe some drunk guy a bunch of addictive pills.

I know but it's just idiotic that you can't say

"I'm not going to stop drinking what can I do for liver health?"

now you're here on a chinese basket weaving forum asking for medical advice because you can't be open and honest with your doctor

I'm at not a 0/10

I don't have insurance, so it's cheaper to ask you guys.

Poo in loo

Ethiopian lad

switch to beer

>I went to the doctor
>it's cheaper to ask here
you already went to the fucking doctor how is that a reason

Look up a list for dietary suggestions for people recovering from Hepatitis A. Usually it means lots of vegetables, whole wheat and very low fat, iron and sugar uptake. I can't remember the specifics, since I had it as a child and of course it won't fix anything, it'll just make your liver's life a bit easier.

jeez, have a couple drinks most nights and my family and girlfriend think I'm an alcoholic.
How do I convince them that I'm not even close to being like one of you?
I've never even been hungover before. That's how little I drink

Cant stop farting. I drank 14 double IPAs last night. Ate two cans of bottom-shelf chili. My room stinks like a san francisco whorehouse.

>money is missing
extraordinarily relatable

bend to their will and apologize profusely. Revolve your life around the desires of women. They are fundamentally attracted to people who are so easily manipulated, who have so little backbone

Its not that big a mystery. Generally its cab fare or being ripped off trying to buy drugs. Its almost always those two things.

>not waking up with extremely sore legs from walking blackout drunk for 5 hours
ive never got a taxi drunk, always inclined to walk ridiculous lengths

LOL. trust me, you are not alone in doing that. It fucking sucks so bad. I did a grand tour of the entire east side of my city last winter after hitting the bars. Im pretty sure someone spiked my drink. anyway, i was outside like 3 hours walking around random streets. blew.

The more I interact with women the less I like being around them and the more I realize how superficial and obsessed with dumb trivial shit they are. They do stuff to make themselves look more interesting not because they actually enjoy it. It's disgusting.

Someone took the redpill.

hate to admit it but the older I get and the more experience I've had in life/around women in general I can agree with this

slowly becoming a full blown misogynist

I just drive. I got so rekt once I lost the car.

Women are shit apart from sex. Why do you think they instinctively withold so much?

This

Racism and misogyny in their pure, intellectual forms are the result of maturing into a logical adult. Being hateful to be edgy is childish, but being hateful because it makes sense is adulthood

Said the guy in his 20’s.

Am I not allowed to start maturing in my 20s?

Non-white people are almost always better friends

anyone else trying to help out fellow alkies this xmas

homeless ppl really strike a bit close to home for me as i have the exact same addictions as many of them (drug and alcohol abuse), and the only reason i'm not also homeless - for now at least - was a fortunate start in life and a good education

i run english and maths classes at shelters: i'd encourage anyone who can spare the time and has anything to offer, even if it's just a chat, to try and do the same

You can start, sure. Pretty much everything you believe now though you’ll probably have dropped when you’re a grown up.

I owe them money, lol.

>racism
no

>misogyny
yes, but I must say I still don't consider all women to be that way, it's like 95%+ so it is an ongoing struggle to remind myself that 5% exists

That's anecdotal evidence at best. Using my own anecdotal evidence: how bout people like Marie Curie or Emmy Noether, where they only in it superficially?

because they evolved for thousands of years to partake in "interests" that would gain them group approval or help them find a good mate. no reason to hate them for this, in the same way you wouldnt hate a child for being a child

for every one Marie Curie there are about 100,000 totally basic bitches. the exception that proves the rule etc

And how would you know? Where did you get that number from?

Which podcast episodes blew your minds?

For me, it's episode 501 of Joe Rogan

tits or gtfo

what about good ol fashioned spending all your money at the bar like a retard?

thats sweet of you. when i was homeless it was heartwarming to encounter volunteers like you. it really means a lot to people.

Yeah but that's not a mystery. The dude was wondering what the ________ was.

My ass
how fucking dense are you, the point is that there are obviously some women out there with serious passions, but your Marie Curies are very rare

You think I'm a girl for not jumping to an immediate conclusion?

Here's my theory: a lot of girls are basic bitches, but a lot of guys are too.

he thinks you're a girl because you are.

There’s as much diversity amongst girls as there is amongst guys. Obviously. What the fuck is wrong with you people

Relax, tiger. You can't fuck an internet pussy no matter how hard you try.

So are your Richard Feynmans, does that mean guys are any less or more passionate about things than girls on average?

but not in equal proportions
guys are way more likely to have weird interests than girls, and this isnt a good or bad thing
See: the shit posted on Veeky Forums versus the shit posted on predominantly female websites

I just stopped drinking cold turkey last year and I've been sober ever since.

it makes me sad that in the alk generals we still have the ridiculous misogyny and racism - we are all alcohols and thus equally scum: there is a quote from someone, idk who, that goes roughly like "a man clings to his race when he has nothing else to cling to" - can we not recognise the absurdity of it?

Can we please keep this fucking woman-hating out of these threads? It's okay to bitch about what a specific person did to you but making sweeping generalizations based on anecdotal experiences is retarded. I've known so many wonderful, intelligent, talented, good-hearted women and girls in my life. I feel bad that some of you guys have had such shitty experiences that you've ended up hating an entire gender but if you've got a problem with half the world's population maybe the problem is you?

A lot of women are great, some are shit
A lot of men are shit, some are alright.

Congrats, man. Total respect.

No I don’t agree. I’d give examples but it seems unnecessary, it’s too obvious and apparent to bother

I'll never get clean, sometimes it makes me damn suicidal.

>t. Woman

Women are solipsistic, disloyal and vindictive

Hello Layne Staley.

Me neither. I’m spending an absolute fortune on weed, but I’m not in hospital, in jail, unconscious in a hedge, making my family hate me, pissing and puking on everything, dying from insomnia, laying in bed in agony or waking up cringing, so it’s worth the money. I wish I could be sober, but just the thought of it scares me.

>they equate talking about women's passions to women """"hating""""

this meme needed to die decades ago. "Misogyny" has roughly no meaning anymore
literally nothing wrong with talking about women since they are so interesting and multi-faceted. Talking about the reality of any human behavior is going to have some uncomfortable truths

>I wish I could be sober, but just the thought of it scares me.
Sobriety just covers me like a grey film. I become the quietest, most emotionless and numb human being alive. It's like everything is in black and white.

LOL!! cheers to that m8

that's exactly what someone who knows they can't provide examples would say

next you're going to act sassy and insulting

>A lot of women are great, some are shit
>A lot of men are shit, some are alright.

>women are great
>some men are alright

t. woman

Men too
Everyone is shit I fucking hate them fuck

Iktf. Everything is a drag. Everything feels heavy. Pointless. Depressing. We broke our brains.

Is this /r9k/ invading?
As long as it’s not fucking /pol/ this tone.

*time

>t. Woman

what an annoying bitch. i wouldnt even grace her butthole with my cum

Nah.

I'm speaking from my own personal life experience, and I'm a very objective and level headed person

It's just a fact that almost all the women I've known have been trash people with shallow mindsets and pathological liars/manipulative

not to say every woman in the world is that way but that's just what I've experienced and I'm not some salty idiot because mummy never loved me or whatever pseudo-psychology you want to try and apply, the women close to me in life I have a lot of respect for

I think so. People always
>general
these threads, but we really wouldn’t thrive there because some of us actually like women.

I'll save you a lot of trouble. The doctor isn't going to 'work with you" on drinking. Your test results came back poor, and that doctor is going to make you feel like you are going to die tomorrow if you don't stop. If you ask them if you can still drink a 12 pack once in a while, they are going to stare at you like you're a retard and ignore what you said. If you ask if you can have a couple drinks a week, same thing. There isn't a doctor/patient relationship anymore, they will tell you what to do, and you will do it. It is more like a judge/convict relationship. All they are going to do is try and scare you into submission, my recommendation is to do an every other day drinking method and your liver will be fine.

Please god make it stop, it’s so pathetic.
“BOYS ARE BETTER THAN GIRLS!!!”
Fuck me. Seriously?

No more of these terrible weekend benders holy fuck. Drying out during the week while working is driving me nuts.

I probably drank 50 beers friday night to Sunday night. What a fucking week this has been. Monday, was WD's, moderate but still fucking terrible. Went for a run that day which helped. Tuesday was managable most WD symptoms gone, little jumpy. Had a great workout/lift session,slept like a baby

Then last night
>great workout
>cook a porkloin dinner, delicious
>time to sleep, pretty tired
>fall asleep for an hour
>jerk awake, incredibly depersonalized, feel super detatched, sort of fade off inbetween half sleep and consciousness with terrifying dreams that people are watching me through the windows.
>intrusive weird thoughts that lead to odd tangents that I then forget about
>Finally wake up around 4 am form this strange half-asleep state
>fuck, jerk off.
>Finally around 5am fall into real quiet sleep.

Gonna have a few drinks this weekend, but goddamn no more huge benders. This is fucking terrible. I think I made it through them last time by drinking a six pack every day or so. Feel like i'm losing my grip on this. GF is coming to visit me this weekend which is great, and it will help me use a little self control. When no one is here I'm so damn lonely and bored that I just lay in bed, drink beer and watch youtube cooking channels. I don't even really get wasted. I drank 15 or so beers over 12-14 hours.

The best and most recognized method is never drink two days or more in a row.

If you skip a day in between, you will almost never develop withdrawals later. It's easier said than done, but that's the science. It's that simple.