Cheers

So, Veeky Forums, would Cheers, as it was on the show, have made a good bar?

it would have gone bankrupt before the first season ended

I was at cheers boston a week ago. It isn't bad. It's a bar, so expect a bar where you can go to a bar.

The bar had literally one waitress. What did they do on her days off?

Frasier was better

In a city with only three boites?!

How do we live?

They had two waitresses you idiot: Diane and Carla.

I guess we will have to settle for Le Cigare Volant again.

Huh, how do you figure? The place always seemed packed on the show. Plus, it had quite a few regulars, like Norm.

>Be Frasier
>coked-out psychiatrist
>literally married to a cold, draining succubus -she's Jewish and her name is Lillith afterall
>drink at this historic bar in Boston to try and recover some of your soul
>make some friends with John Ratzenberger, Dr Becker, Woody Harrelson, and Kirstie Alley
>never once mention your salt-of-the-earth cop dad, or your high-society intelligentsia brother to these friends
>divorce the succubus and move out to Seattle, feeling better away from the demoness
>suddenly take in your homely dad and clash with him over your own liberal intelligensia

I like to think that Frasier was secretly an alcoholic just like Kelsey Grammar

>Le Cigare Volant
Someone on Cheers had good taste

That's actually the name of a restaurant in Frasier, the superior show

Oh ok. I don't have a television. It was probably a reference to a wine, rather unusual for California in that it isn't overbearing garbage

Was it the Bull & Finch or a Cheers brand bar?

It was rarely packed on the show. Cliff and Norm at one end of the bar, Frazier at the other, and maybe a dozen people scattered at the back bar or tables. For that they had one or two bartenders (Sam and Coach), a barback (Woody), one server (Dianne), and one server/ barback (Carla). The question is, how did that place make any money? Hell, Norm rarely if ever payed his tab, and probably relied on Cliff who lived with his mom to foot the bill. Not to mention an ex-alcoholic, sex-addicted bartender that would hit on anything in a skirt and probably had herpes. This is not a crew that draws women that can draw business.

This bar couldn't pull greasy string out of a cat's ass.

Could Gordon Ramsay save Cheers?

for how much wine is brought up on Frasier, and how much he's shown drinking it (plus the occasional beer), I could see that being a hidden part of his character
he doesn't binge or anything, he has it "under control", but his liver's going to give out when he's 50, at best

>It isn't bad
Absolute fucking bullshit. Real Boston-fag here, it is up there with the Union Oyster House as an overpriced, shitty, terrible food having tourist trap. The beer is fucking overpriced even by Boston standards, the food is greasy garbage, it's unadulterated shit. It physically angers me.

yes, but not without turning it into something else
>A neon sign? You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
>The fuck is with this dim lighting, you want to keep people from seeing the stains on the floor?
>I shouted until some people quit, you're welcome, now hire better ones.
>Don't let that fucker in here again unless he pays his fucking tab!
>Don't stare at the girls you pervert.
>Workplace romances never work, get your head out of your ass.
>You should serve some good food, here, I've made a menu, this is now a gastro pub.
it would be the most popular place in Boston for a few months, maybe a year or two, then it would go under anyway, or all the original staff would be gone and it would be pointless to have saved it other than some pictures on the wall