Chimpanzee diet

From wikipedia
>Chimpanzee prefers fruit above all other food items and even seeks out and eats them when they are not abundant. It also eats leaves and leaf buds, seeds, blossoms, stems, pith, bark and resin. Insects and meat make up a small proportion of their diet, estimated as 2%.
>Despite the fact that common chimpanzees are known to hunt, and to collect insects and other invertebrates, such food actually makes up a tiny portion of their diet. In all cases, the majority of their diet consists of fruits, leaves, roots, and other plant matter.

Chimpanzee is genetically the closest species to humans. If we have difficulties in understanding what is the appropriate diet for us, shouldn't we, in a strive to pursue the natural order of things, suggest borrowing eating habits from our closest species?

I know, I know, during our evolution we spread north and had to rely on meat. I know, I know, this is what helped our brains get developed. However, since we're at the stage when civilization is developed and we have access to all kinds of foods, and do not have to rely on anything specific to survive, shouldn't we try to go back to the natural order of things?

If a diet based solely on fruits is suggested, that's what it would seem to be lacking: sodium, selenium, b-12, fats, particularly omega-6. So I wounder if recommended dietary intakes can be mistaken, and we can live on a diet lacking those nutrients. Or, say, can we have enough of those consuming meat only very occasionally. Also, since animals get b-12 from dirt, we'll assume getting it from pills here, or occasional meat. And where the hell do monkeys get those nutrients from, especially fats? Or are they so different they are ok without those?

I'm as of right now a meat eater, and this thread is not an attempt of vegan propaganda, but rather a genuine discussion. Also rate my english, I live in a country where barely anyone speaks it.

look at that fat fucking monkey

I'd fuck that monkey.

how much did you think about this before hitting 'post'? Imagine the smell

You've omitted the fact that chimps also gang up and hunt monkeys. They then kill them and eat them.

>Africans

>Pony the Orangutan was found by the Orangutan Survival Foundation in a "prostitute village" in Borneo, chained to a wall and lying on a stained mattress. She was completely shaved and covered with infected mosquito bites. Apparently she had been captured and was being shaved every other day to make her nice and hairless for the men that paid to have sex with her. Yes, an Orangutan was being shaved and used as a prostitute. If a man walked near her, she would turn herself around, present herself, and start gyrating and going through the motions. She was being used as a sex slave. She was probably about six or seven years old when we rescued her, but she had been held captive by a madam for a long time. The madam refused to give up the animal because everyone loved Pony and she was a big part of their income.

Getting fucked was probably the highlight of her day. How depressing

Sad

>dumb monkeys eat sugary shit
wow stop the presses, it's not like Koolaid or watermelon wasn't proof enough

lmao just like ur mom

xD rekt

better than a nigger

Chimps aren't even close to our nearest relatives think it was bonoboo or maccacs or a species like that

>On average, nine days a year are meat days for chimps.

>If we have difficulties in understanding what is the appropriate diet for us, shouldn't we, in a strive to pursue the natural order of things, suggest borrowing eating habits from our closest species?

No you fucking dummy.

Is it so difficult to just google it? Chimps and bonobos are the closest ones by far. An they are basically the same. And their diet is the same.

*opens snickers bar*

Fake news. Pony is just a near-sighted Armenian woman and not a shaved orangutan.

Our ancestors decided that eating fruit was gay and ate meat. That is why we evolved to be the dominant species of the planet and our chimp cousins are still so far behind in evolution.

This.
The error comes from a misprint of her name: Pony Rangtanian.

Just 9 days? Really? Chimps can count?

Chimps can even preform basic math

wild ones or captive trained ones?

All of them.

Link me a video of a wild chimp doing maths and I will link you a video of a bonobo shagging a cardboard box.

You got fuckin schooled. Talking shit and got found out.

your english is perfectly fine OP, if you haven't already, I think you should look into Arnold Ehret's works or anything about the fruitarian lifestyle if you want to find more discussion on these ideas. remember that research from all sides can be biased though, pro-fruit/meat/veg/whatever, draw your own conclusions from what you find.
personally I'm convinced man isn't really built to eat meat even if we're able to somewhat digest it and survive like that because of the way our digestive tracts are built; with the ability to live off of a meat heavy diet being a purely survival mechanism. I'm still looking into such ideas myself though, I still really like meat but I might try "mucus-free" veganism starting next year for the sake of the experience and possible health benefits.

man isn't really built to eat meat

Why do we have canine teeth?

Not only are my canines sharper than the average person but my premolars are also sharp and pointy. I am more qualified to eat meat that the average person.

Canines don't necessarily mean you're supposed to eat meat, gorillas don't eat a ton of meat.

I'm not arguing against meat eating either, just saying that's not good proof of your claim. What I always think of when people say humans are herbivores is that some people evolved with the ability to digest lactose after infancy. Most people do eat too much meat and not enough fruit, veg, whole grains, but that doesn't mean we're supposed to be herbivores.

A lot of herbivores spend 16+ hours a day just eating, if we did that we'd never get anything else done.

Canine teeth were developed to tear meat. Gorillas also eat monkeys and small mammals.

you can say the same thing about pandas, yet why do they only eat bamboo? plus our canines aren't even anywhere near as long or sharp as a wild animal's, especially not anymore
this
gorillas don't have meat-heavy diets like say a cheetah who absolutely depends on it. I wasn't arguing against meat eating entirely, it's just that it's obvious we shouldn't be eating it close to every single day of our lives. as I said in my first post, of course we can have it in some amounts, the teeth we have do help, but to base an entire diet on it is another thing. our smaller canine teeth are made for scraping and piercing the skins of fruits. you can't easily bite into raw flesh and that's why humans learned to use fire and tools, to survive.

>why do they only eat bamboo
They evolved out of meat eating and it fucked them up as a species. They have to be constantly eating or else they can't get the nutrition they need vs a regular bear that eats a couple times a day.

they evolved out of their original diet for survival and it's fucking them up, it's like how humans evolved out of their diet to eat meat constantly for survival and it's fucking us up
the panda still lives its life eating bamboo even if its not entirely the best for it, as humans we're smarter than that and can choose to change our dietary habits to something optimal if we want to

It drinks soda. People are fucking idiots for giving a monkey soda.

Was this from some satirical news website?

Panda is a failed species. If it weren't for humans trying to conserve them they would have died out.

Tl;dr
OP wants to include bugs in ppls diet

THICC

Been a long time since we ate that way, you'll probably get beetus if you try to do it as a modern human. We are supposed to eat grains and vegetables and stuff with a bit of meat and fruit