/BEER GENERAL/ - "Hey we have a discord and infographics" edition

Let's take a break from the bum wine and malt liquor threads and talk about real beer

What you been drinking?

Want recommendations? Got recommendations?

Prev thread: Discord: discord.gg/rqsxQdW

I like four winds

Where can I order live oak?
Their stuff is supposed to be amazing but I can't find it anywhere.
Guess I'll just stick with Weihenstephaner until then.

I'm thinking of making an internationally distributed Euro beer primer infographic. Suggestions?

>They didn't have either Augustiner or Weihenstephaner Helles
Feels pretty bad man, I miss my German beer.

Dilly dilly into the pit of misery.

i brew my own
>belgian witbier

in the glass

Brooklyn is better than that

How do the different ingredients in beer effect the body? Stouts and porters leave me feeling way less shitty than wheat based beers, same with hops.

>tfw I live ~5 minutes from a Dogfish Head restaurant/bar

120M IPA on tap.

same dude, are you in the milton/rehoboth area

Bronx Brewery is high tier, I'm not sure how much they distributr though

Nope, Washington DC area they have 3 Dogfish head alehouses.

Dogfish Head belongs in top tier of the strength of 60 minute alone

ah, nice. being so close to the original brewery is nice, you get lots of difference flavors on tap if you can be assed to go, but honestly most of the experimental stuff i've gotten to try has been pretty hit and miss. i was especially disappointed with their world wide stout. it is nice having constant access to classics like 120 minute and the lot, though

Yeah i've had a few of their more interesting limited brews and some have been good, others not my thing. But as you said, having access to the classics is by far the best part.

I suggest avoiding imports because there are always better American beer at those price levels

>Sierra Nevada, stone and deschutes being that low

Mark of the pleb.

Yeah I'd absolutely switch Deschutes w/ Lagunitas

>thinking SN, stone, or deschutes are anything special
who's the real pleb I wonder?

Is there a way to avoid a metallic taste in my beers? I've been getting that a lot in stouts. Ruined an entire pack of Breakfast Stout for me

I feel like north coast should be higher on that list. Pranqster is good and Old Rasputin was my go-to stout. Got me through college.

This was all the store had for guiness. Didn't realize it was a light beer until having a couple. Disappointed about not getting the rich guiness flavor but at least I won't wake up with a headache.

Checked how's the taste?

the rule of thumb is the darker the malts, the more unfermentable sugars there are, leaving more residual sugar (body) in the final product.

whatever shittyness you are percieving is horse shit and not backed by science. unless you're alergic to hops (you aren't), it probably has more to do with how well you hydrated around your drinking (or your eating habits that day)

drink better or fresher beer. if you're buying beer in bottles or cans, ALWAYS check the packaging date. if they dont have one dont buy it. don't drink anything older than 3 months, unless barrel aged/mixed fermentation, or over 10% ABV and stored properly

Here's what I would be drinking if I wasn't a broke ass honkey, probably going to walk to the quickiemart for a 40 instead

I'm jealous. I literally have to drive 40 min to the next state over and even then can only get it in a liquor store (for a price less than 10 bucks a bottle that is)

Can Veeky Forums please add pic related to the infographic (and sierra nevada torpedo if there's interest)

disgusting sewage water

forgot pic

I've never heard of stouts gaining a metallic flavor with age/. Stout should stay good for a very long time

Its really only worth paying attention to dates on a hoppy or lighter beers

They're very solid

Have any of you had Boston Ale? It's really good

>DRINK FROM THE CAN!
>DRINK FROM THE CAN!
>POUR IN A SHAKER!
Don't worry, you didn't miss much. HeadyT isn't as spectacular as all the people waiting in line to buy say it is.

Why would they ever suggest drinking from the can?

Guinness is the Bud Light of stouts. Try some Old Rasputin or Great Lakes Blackout. Samuel Smith's oatmeal and imperial are both very good too. Also, Belle's Kalamazoo stout.

I'm just here to defend Wicked Weed as their sours are some of the most interesting stuff on the market right now, sellout or no.

Back on my/still on my bullshit. Best winter beer in MN and my store has it on sale this week

That can't be on the infographic, it's not widely available

cuz it's unfiltered and it has the weird yeast floaties in it. It's a little ugly but not that bad (in the beers I've had with floaties at least)

>cuz it's unfiltered and it has the weird yeast floaties in it
So they just don't want to scare away people who aren't used to sediment?
Because a glass is definitely a better way to experience a beer than a can/bottle as you get a fuller aroma

Never liked Draught.
Extra Stout is where the moneys at.

Yeah, basically they don't want to scare people away. Though from what I can tell, the people seeking out Heady Topper aren't the type to drink good beer from a can

my nigga

Guiness Extra Stout is a great stout, only the Draught is mediocre

The one time I prefer drinking straight out of the bottle is adjunct/pale lagers.

>reading comprehension

>Old Rasputin or Great Lakes Blackout.
top tier palate sir.

'm interested in getting into homebrewing, besides Charlie Papazian, what else are some newb friendly stuff to know more before i get in too deep?

a few of those "best" brewerie seem like meme breweries

Why did Founder's discontinue their APA?

>faggoty 15 year olds insisting on having a discord for every little thing in their lives

discord is where information goes to die and where preteens go to play politics and power games because mommy doesn't let them go outside after school.

Has anyone here ever been to McSorley's ale house? I want to know what style those 2 beers are

Do any girls like craft beer? I never see grills order anything but Bud Light and Corona

My ex. And I let her go...

t. high school student

I'm 22 and go to many different bars...I rarely see girls order any beers besides Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, etc. But especially Bud Light.

Damn. What were her favorite beers?

>I rarely see girls order any beers besides Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, etc. But especially Bud Light.
see high school or 22, you're broke, and you know broke people

You're autistic

I love craft beer but you're delusional if you think the average normie girl in any part of the US is drinking craft beer

Besides, Heineken and craft beer is the same price

>normie girl
who the fuck talks like this? and I'm the autist?
>Besides, Heineken and craft beer is the same price
I'll take your word for it. bud light is definitely cheaper than normal beer. it's my go-to end of the night beer when I need something in my hand to not be weird, and I'm waiting for someone else to finish their actual drink.

It's pretty normal vernacular on Veeky Forums, you newfag.

Bud Light at a bar is only a little cheaper than craft, it will be 4 dollars for a 12 oz as opposed to 6 dollar for a draught pint of craft.

I'm similar with Bud Light, I'll have one at the end of the night when I'm torched but still want one more beer

>as opposed to 6 dollar for a draught pint of craft.
lol, where the fuck is that? some craft brewery in Idaho? 6 bucks is bud light happy hour prices at a cheap dive bar. a pint of something good is going to run you $10 around here

and I've been here all summer, roastie soiboi

I live in one of the most expensive part of the country, so I think you're just trying to 1up me.

Where the fuck do Bud Lights cost 6 dollars during happy hour? It's not even that expensive here in NYC

NYC

where the fuck is a pint of the good stuff 6 bucks?

3 Diamond Door in Bushwick has 6 dollar Bell's Two Hearted draughts

actually, most bars I go to in Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan have craft pints for 6-7 dollars

oh yeah I guess I have noticed the drink prices get ridiculous once you get far enough out there

on the other hand, you look around and you're surrounded by children, so is it really worth it?

where do you even hang out where beer is that expensive?

and if 28 year olds are children to you, then you're probably too old to be shitposting on Veeky Forums

nomad and UWS mostly. I just checked a couple spots I go to and they do have some stuff in the $6-8 range but it's like, pilsners and "session IPAs" and that sort of thing, which I usually don't go for if I'm going for beer

and yes, I'm way too old to be shitposting here

Do you only drink Westy and Chimay?

Redds is fucking disgusting.

t. ausfag who got bamboozled

does that even count as beer? I thought they just made cider

It's a disgusting combination of the worst bits of cider + the worst bits of beer.

Add trappists.

What do trappist ales taste like? Heavily spiced?

Guinness Extra Stout is still pretty average. Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is where it's at.

Some fat ones and tumblrish ones do. Most stick to wine.

Dubbels - biscuits, figs, caramel, spice
Tripels - sweet, fruit, spicy, witbier
Quads - sweet, rum, dried fruit, red wine, spice

been really into stouts and porters lately, probably the weather

also inb4 dirty fridge

Daily reminder that bells is decent teir at best and the large majority of there beer is unoffending, boring, overmalted normie swill. Two-hearted and a couple rare releases doesn't make them some amazing brewery. Especially not at the level of founders.

I'm sick and I really want a beer but I know it'll just make me more miserable.

founder's makes some normie turds too but it doesn't detract from their general level of greatness

Bells isn't as good as founders, but its solidly in pretty good status

Not everyone lives in San Francisco. $6 for a good tap craft beer is a pretty typical price at a bar or restaurant in much of the country, even less in some more rural areas

Got some of this over the weekend. Can't wait until I have an excuse to bust it out.

Has anyone had this stuff before? It's an AAL but it tastes way better than Budweiser, High Life, even Pabst. It's also cheaper. I know Veeky Forums is a craft beer board, but I'm interested in thoughts.

Lol its fucking horrific. Only gets by due to how cheap it is

Winning the special olympics, etc...

Oh come on, it isn't that bad. It lacks character but it just tastes like corn and barley.

>Tecate on Pleb Tier

Fuck yourself. This is the god-tier beverage for summer activities.

its the exact same as every other shitty macro

"it isn't that bad" is not a convincing argument

I get it, it's top of the trash pile and between that and all the other macro swill would probably choose it or maybe pbr or high life at a hot summer BBQ if I lacked other choices. but there no reason for me to ever buy some myself because I'm not desperately poor.

also you ever notice how macro lagers become undrinkable concoctions of metallic tasting urine after they go a bit flat when you leave it out for 15 minutes? good beer doesn't do that even if it loses carb

Fuck yes Minnesota. Just got some Indeed Old Friend last night.

Jesus has anyone had that beer? Makes me nauseous. I thought their Shploing! was alright though.

cheap pbr clone. 4 pack of 16oz cans for 2.50 here, it's my go to deal

It’s good, but I’ll take Julius over it ant day.

Just flashbacked to college. That stuff is diarrhea in a can, but you can’t beat the price.

the drink for patricians, and only $2 a bottle