How to make the best stir fry noodles?

Okay Veeky Forums so there's this restaurant in tempe,arizona called YC's. They're a mongolian stir-fry joint and their noodles are the best fucking thing that you could ever taste. I've tried recreating them, but haven't had much success. I was wondering if any of you might have any ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

ycs-mongoliangrill.com/nutrition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More information is needed. Can you describe the dish they serve? Also explain what you've tried, and how it differed from the restaurant.

Also, don't most Mongolian stir-fry places have open kitchens? Surely you can see what the place is doing.

Actually YC's is sorta like a "Build your own" type of place, so all the stuff is mostly pre-made. There's also no open grill. Even if they did though, the noodles have a coloration that shows they've been modified before freezing/final cooking. They're sorta like light-brown ramen-esque noodles. Most of the time I went there, I would usually just get the noodles with some chicken too (which was also pretty good). The closest taste I've tasted to them would be when my school served chinese noodles for lunch, from which I learned two of the ingredients may be Hoisin and Peanut sauce.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you suck at describing things.

Are the noodles served in soup or are they in a bowl/plate? How long? What shape? Can you tell if they have been fried or are they just boiled? What seasonings and other ingredients do you see in the serving that you like?

>>I learned two of the ingredients may be Hoisin and Peanut sauce.
Highly unlikely to actually have been used, but those are common things you see in shit-tier westernized attempts at making Chinese food.

Anyway, you said the place is build your own, so what are you asking for when you get these noodles?

No it's fine, I wasn't entirely sure what you had meant.
I haven't eaten there for at least 6 years, but as best as I remember:
-The noodles are definitely not in a soup, in fact they're somewhat dry, which kinda adds to the flavor
-Meals are by the bowl, just take one and pile everything up in it
-As I said before, in terms of shape they resemble ramen noodles very closely, though have twice the length.
-I have no idea how the noodles are cooked since they're prepared before a final cook
-I've never noticed any eextra seasonings in my orders (Noodles with chicken and carrots)

I never really asked for anything, you'd just pay for a bowl then take it to a bar and put ingredients into it. The only real ingredient you had to ask for was shrimp

>Meals are by the bowl, just take one and pile everything up in it
Pile *what* up on it exactly? You get to choose things like what vegetables, sauces, etc, right? So what specifically did you put in there?

>>-I've never noticed any eextra seasonings in my orders
You couldn't see, for example, any flakes of red pepper? Sesame seeds? Little flecks of black pepper? Other spices/seasonings? Peanuts, chives, green onions, anything? Was there any kind of liquid or sauce with the noodles? If so, what color and consistency was it?

Can you describe the taste? Sweet? Spicy? Funky? Any obvious flavors like ginger?

>So what specifically did you put in there?
Like I said before, just the noodles, carrots, and chicken

and no, no other seasonings whatsoever were placed in or visible afterwards

The taste is a tad complex, but they had a salty-sweet dry sorta taste to them. As I said before, I tasted similar noodles that had been soaked with peanut and hoisin

>Like I said before, just the noodles, carrots, and chicken
So this dish didn't even have a name? You didn't have a choice of type of noodle? It was just a bowl of noodles, carrots, and chicken with nothing else? No name? No type of cooking for you to request?

>>As I said before, I tasted similar noodles that had been soaked with peanut and hoisin
I don't mean to call you a liar, but peanut sauce and hoisin just aren't common or typical ingredients for noodles or a stir-fry. It sounds like something written on a mom-blog by someone with zero idea of how to actually cook asian food, and it's also a bizzare unexpected combination.

I wish I could help but there's just no information to work off of. No name of the dish. No details of what seasonings you might have seen. And then there's the issue of it being a 6-year-old memory that you can't describe very well.

OP I think I know what you're looking for. The answer is cooking the ramen noodles in peanut and Hoisin sauce and serving it on a school lunch tray with carrots and chicken. Also add some msg it helps

God you're shit at describing

Oh and here
ycs-mongoliangrill.com/nutrition/

Not only do you have the communication skill of a toddler, Google also seems too hard for you to use.

OP may I suggest that you just head on over to YC's when you want a fix. Don't even bother trying to recreate it yourself and waste good ingredients.

>Bangkok Seasoning
>Blackening Mix
>Bourbanero
>Cajun Seasoning
>Chili Oil
>Cooking Rice Wine
>Minced Garlic
>Ginger
>Hot Mustard
>Lemon Pepper
>Sesame Oil
>Kikkoman Soy Sauce, gluten free
>Kikkiman Soy Sauce, lower sodium
>Kimlan Ponlai Soy Sauce
>Vinegar
Sounds like they just ran their arm down the seasoning shelf and used everything that landed in the basket.

I mean, apart from the blackening mix and what "bangkok seasoning" is, it reads like a boilerplate stir fry sauce.
Just surprised there is no sugar in it, but I imagine that is the majority of what is contained in the Bangkok Seasoning

har har

I'll admit I'm at fault for not thinking they'd give out their recipe but if you had any brains you might realize the reason I'm asking about this is because I'm not able to go there. I live in the midwest and can't afford to just go out to tempe for some food.

Next time think before you have a little bitch fit over not being able to read simple sentences

As I said numerous times before it's just a system where you take a bowl and choose ingredients.

Doesn't matter anyways, some mong found it anyways.

Actually, should have added initially, but if you really don't think I tried google first you're even more of a samefagging idiot than I thought

It's a bit dependent on equipment. They probably cooked it on a huge cast iron grill with a wok burner underneath that you won't have at home which is how they get such a nice smokey flavour into it. With Mongollian they usually freeze meat and cut it almost paper thin so it flash fries in 5 seconds flat and add a bunch of sauces that you can only get from intl. groceries.

>you won't have at home
I'm at an engineering college, with the right questions I could probly cook this shit in the nuclear reactor

Acutally, then again, I guess then I'd be cooking japanese if I did that.

You missed the list of ingredients four results down on the first search, then tried "stir fry sauce" and the refinement "stir fry noodles"? I hope you're not engineering anything more complex than a paperweight.