You have only $25 to spend on food each week for a month. What do you buy and prepare?

You have only $25 to spend on food each week for a month. What do you buy and prepare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlyVpvNIoqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Beans, beans the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot the better you feel
So let’s eat beans for every meal

went grocery shopping for the week and bought nothing but processed food and shit (canned foods, boxed dinners, frozen dinners, etc.)
>$55

Should have brought broccoli?

Same shit I bought when it was $15.
>gallon milk
>two boxes instant oatmeal
>sack of frozen chicken thighs
>two pounds of rice
>armful of tinas burritos
>bag of tortillas for when the hunger hits for real

25 bucks of rice and beans will feed you for a month.

it sounds pretty easy to do $25 a week.
a local italian store sells bolonese sauce for $11 that could keep me going for 4 days, consider $3 of noodles
you have $11 left over for the last 3 days.
use that on variety
get oatmeal($4)
premade pesto($3)
finally with remaining $4 I'd get one of those 8 packs of apples in the produce section
steal salt, sugar, and pepper from mcdonalds or something.
this is the noodle and oatmeal diet and you will get tired of it

Beans
Potatoes
Noodles
Rice
Oats
Milk
Some cheap meat and vegetables
Bananas

This wouldn't be particularly hard.

A lot of rice, buy markdown chicken thighs, some beans. Pasta sauce and noodles are really cheap too.

That isn't even difficult I routinely spend 20 dollars for 2 weeks of food with no real effort

Just find a place that sells cheap meat and produce. I can get chicken dark meat for 59 cents/pound, and 10 pounds of potatoes for 2 dollars. Add in some fruit and you are good to go

A rope to hang myself with

Cigs and plastic jug vodka

Then i go to the food pantry as i'm obviously poor.

Black beans, rice, chipotle peppers in ancho sauce and some guerrero tortillas. You can live off of about $2 a day with that, all of these indigence you can get at walmart.

Bonus if you have the funds: get butter and fry your tortillas in a pan. If you have the money get discount chicken thighs and bake them with salt and pepper, put them in your beans and rice. Get a bag of frozen veggies once your body starts getting tired of your shit and eat them with rice for a couple meals until you can go back to just carbs and protein. Get some of those cup ramen things for 28 cents and mix a couple of those in a week for variety.

This is how I lived for months. You can do it too.

Alternatives: get one of the large Quaker oat tubs and some peanut butter. You can mix the oats and peanut butter, or put the peanut butter on your tortillas.

it'll cost $30 for your extra heavy frame

rice
beans
eggs
multivitamins
spices (salt/pepper, sriracha)
frozen veggies
whole milk

Covers all your bases, isn't bland as fuck, actually decent protein/carb/fat ratio. Lean more on the rice and beans (especially rice) if you are really trying to stretch your dollar

And fuckin tortillas, how did I forget that?

What is it with Mexicans and knowing how to eat cheap but good

You rice and bean cucks are the worst. Everytime there's a 'how can I eat cheaply thread' within 10 replies some smug bastard says rice and beans like he figured out the well kept secret combination. Do you really want to eat rice and beans everyday for a month? If the answer is no I thought so, if the answer is yes fuck you and get a life

>and some guerrero tortillas
Fuck yes.
That sack of 80 corn tortillas, is always between $2 and $3 at my local grocery store.

Onions
Celery
Carrots
Cabbage/Kale
Lentils/Beans
Whole wheat flour
Maybe some tomatoes, dried rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves to give it a bit more flavor, if I happen to have any money left.
I'd eat nothing but flatbread and vegetable soup every single day, just like I do right now.

onions and OMAD

Shop using price/lb and plan meals by weight. cabbage, garlic, onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, are all cheap usually year round. make vegetable stew with rice, buy eggs or discount chicken or pork. Shop the deals, learn to cook.

If your produce costs $1/lb or less, you can afford to eat meat 3+ days per week reliably. Or, spend your meat money on eggs and buy some spices.

I've lived on less, but it sucks.

Youre right, you need oats too and eggs
Grab some pasta to for 70c

Get me some USDA Prime steak and eat like a king!

25 packets of ramen. water's free and I've got a saucepan.

What do you do with the other $20?

spend it all on rice and beans
dumpster dive for meat and cruciferous veggies

frozen vegetables, quinoa, bananas, sardines, apples, peanuts
and spend any extra on soy products

Stuff for sandwiches
Mushrooms
Onions
Whatever big lean cut of beef is on sale

Then I just eat sandwiches at work for a week and make a big pot of beef tips in gravy to have for dinner. I don't mind eating the same thing over and over again if it saves me money.

Rome here.
Half a kilo of pasta is 0.40€, cup of tomato sauce 0.70€ and pesto for 1€. Assuming to eat 500 grams of pasta everyday (2 meals, 1 with tomato sauce and 1 with pesto) we are spending 2.1€, 14.7€ for week. Cheapy amd tasty.

25$ a week for an adult isn't even horrid
go OMAD and have a fucking killer burrito a night

Interesting to get a international cheap food poster, thanks for the insight on how the truly europoor do it.

Well then stop being a poor fuck so you can eat real food. You want to eat real food? You have to pay real money. Until then, rice and beans is an efficient way to make the most out of your povertybux.

Sweet potatoes

I have a flat tire. I should've brought a spare, i guess.

get out

Ground Turkey, Tortillas, Lettuce, Shredded cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, onion tomato, taco sauce
Just make 1 pound of taco meat and eat 2 tacos a day

>Milk
>Beans
>Potatoes
>Noodles
>Large can of Pasta sauce
>Bread
this is assuming that I already have spices and stuff in my pantry.

Soy
Then all I have to do is pretend I'm satisfied with my atrocious food budgeting skills

Buy milk, vitamins, and flour. Crush up the vitamins and mix it in the flour and milk, boil it down a little bit and then bake them. Voila perfect little energy balls to keep you going.

1 pound of meat is enough to keep you satisfied for a month?

>tfw you cook meme foods unironically
youtube.com/watch?v=zlyVpvNIoqQ

*a spare, cuz

It says each week but you're right I did forget something
>5 pound bag of rice
just load up rice and add enough meat

Basically there are two things to consider. First: what do you need to get in bulk-up front, and what do you need to get or top-off every week?

Buy up front (suffering week)
>Salt
>Sugar
>Yeast
>Some big containers of spices like rosemary, black pepper, italian seasoning blend, etc, from cash n carry (where the big containers are like $2-3 each)
>Vegetable oil
>Vinegar

Weekly runs/top-off:
>Cheap veggies: carrots, celery, onion, garlic, cabbage, frozen peas/corn
>Starches: potatoes, flour, cornmeal, pasta, rice, etc
>Protein: lentils, pinto beans, whatever bean is cheapest, vital wheat gluten (if available in bulk)
>Canned tomato paste

With those, you can do quite a bit:

> Lentil krout bierocks with the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast as a dough, and a filling made of fried seasoned lentils, cabbage, onion, garlic.
> Baked beans or chili and cornbread
> Seitan (costs Dirty rice
> Vegetable soup with beans and home-made bread
> Spaghetti with lentil and tomato sauce
> Mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, baked potatoes, potato pancakes, potato bread, potato soup, etc

etc

>Do you really want to eat rice and beans everyday for a month?
Who says buying rice and beans means you have to eat that everyday?!

This is my first time hearing about OMAD, gonna try it out.

Any tips user?

basically what i do, and then look in bulk sections for large quantities of chicken thighs / pork tenderloin that i can portion and freeze, really efficient way of saving cash and it forces you to cook for yourself instead of buying fastfood

James Bond hamburgers

A lot of beans and rice.

>Beans
>Potatoes
>Eggs
>Flour
>Some kind of fruit
>Some kind of veg
>Necessary spices/seasonings

I already do this
>bananas 1.00
>peanuts 3.50
>a dozen eggs 2.50
>two pounds of rice 2.00
>scallions 1.00
>carrots 2.00
>mangos 3.00
>bag of peas 2.00
>bread 2.00
>swiss cheese 3.00
>tomatoes 2.00

My recipes are toasted swiss/tomato sammies, egg fried rice and a carrot/mango/banana smoothie. Peanuts for snacking. Honestly I'm happy with it bros. If I have two dollars left over I'll get a mcchicken.

It's lemon grass, retard

Beef bones (marrow bones or beef feet) maybe $5 worth
Stew beef $10 max
Barley $3
Mirepoix $6 (all three)
Dried herbs $1
Make stock and stretch those ingredients as much as I can
Consume if I can get gelatin, barley risotto with stir fry beef, beef and barley soup if course.
Next week chicken wings $13 worth
Rice $5
Frozen veggies for the rest
Chicken and rice, make chicken soup with stock, reduce it down to a veloute and mix in with rice and veggies
I would need to know what my pantry already has though and if I can get away with not being active (I work manual labor so I eat more when I'm employed because I need that energy I eat much less when I'm out a job for the season)

It's far from the only way you untalented fuck. Cabbage is cheap, can be used to make kimchi for practically nothing. Flour and eggs are cheap and can be used to make pasta that can be flavored cheap as fuck as well, flour and wild yeast which is free can be made into bread for like $5 at the most. All those require work though, rice and bean fags are like the fucking shoemakers of frugal cuisine I swear.

You can even make cheeses and yogurt out of the fully lactating titties you will eventually grow.

Good thread, have a bump

You can get 18 eggs for 58 cents in every walmart in America. Get you two McChickens.

25 cans of ravioli

Beans beans nickle a quart
more ya eat em more ya fort