>we like our steak rare!!!

OOH OOH OOOH MAAMM MAMMEEEEEEEE HAHAHAHAHA PPBBTTTLLLFFF HAHAHA FRTPPT

>med rare

>my favorite vegetable is the potato

>image is x->info instead of x->0

It's just oil
Umami is fucking oil
No wonder you can taste it in avocado and fatty fish you retards
It's literally oily/fatty flavor, you can't taste it in a burger because the meats taste is too strong

>deconstructed

>heeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeee sooooooooooooooooooooooybooooooooooooooooooooooy wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't think I've ever seen a post more incorrect than this one.
It's not oil. It's not "savory". It's glutamates.

>toothsome

This meme is terrible

>has never tasted oil
Wow you must be making your mom proud

>cruelty free

honestly wondering what that means

>boneless avocado

look at the word and take a guess you moron

i thought that was too obvious. i've never heard anyone use that word. thanks, cunt

I'm pretty sure umami isn't something every people can taste, and pretending it's a fundamental is just wrong. there's also a shortcut between how the brain receive the chemical and how it's "a taste". A taste is supposed to be recognizable, but "umami" food never taste the same. It's a scam

>flavory
>is that gluten free?
>american cheese is just plastic
>store brand? no thanks
>whole milk is bad for you
>i only eat greek yoghurt

>unagi

PIVOT

lol nice catch. shows who the real tard is

>flavory
What?
>is that gluten free?
Agreed. Gluten free fags are the absolute worst.
>store brand? no thanks
Eh. It really depends on the store and what other brand you’re comparing them to.
>whole milk is bad for you
Can’t really give an opinion. I grew up on skim and it’s all I drink really.
>I only eat Greek yogurt
>eating yogurt

Perfectly legitimate choice. Very hard to match it in versatility

Actually it means "pleasant savory taste."

People suposedly taste umami through taste receptors that typically respond to glutamate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

>punani

Holy shit, are you white? You must be white. Why don't you go back to slurping that puerile gravy your people call soup?

Umami is the taste of mushrooms, soy sauce, tomato puree, marmite, etc that you can't really describe but just really satisfies. Sometimes the taste is just bad; sometimes it's divine. People normally say its fermented foods which seems to make sense.

"Mouth feel" is just another way to say "texture". Ie, gritty vs smooth.

No it isn't.
Mouthfeel is a very specific term used in wine tasting, texture is but a small part of it.

So just call it savory and you'll sound a million times less pretentious.
So just call it texture and you'll sound a million times less pretentious.
>inb4 b-but savory doesn't really mean umami!
It's good enough for Merriam-Webster's umami page, it should be good enough for you. It's not like the Japanese linguistics behind how umami became a word lend it any greater descriptive power, it's basically just Japanese for "tastes good" i.e. it's the same as savory except that it sounds obnoxious.

Sure, "mouthfeel" is a little more broad than "texture", but 90%+ of the time I've heard people say it, they could have said texture instead. If you're talking about the other aspects of how something feels in your mouth (temperature, stickiness, acidity, etc) you should just use those specific terms.

>less pretentious
I love how you flyovers get so intimidated when mere words push you out of your comfort zone.

>except that it sounds obnoxious.

How do you survive with this level of autism? Drugs 24/7 or do you have some other trick? Seems like you get triggered by the most inane things....

Texas isn't a flyover state. And I grew up in New Jersey which is even more definitely not a flyover state.
The words aren't intimidating, they're painful. As in they make people around you feel sympathetic embarrassment that you would be this autistic. We're trying to help you as much as we're trying to help ourselves by getting you to stop.

Autists are the people lacking enough in self-awareness to use words like "umami," not the people annoyed by autists who say "umami."

>they're painful

Maybe you should go back to watching king of the hill reruns if normal dialogue is "painful" to you.

>stop using words I don't like
I thought Texans were supposed to be tough mother fuckers, not whiney man children?

Autists being obnoxious is something every mentally healthy person notices. Also:
>using the word "umami"
>calling ANYONE else a manchild
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Why are you so afraid of a simple word, user? Why does it trigger you so? What exactly gets your panties in such a twist?

Let me answer your attempt at a question with another question:
Why would it make you feel uncomfortable or annoyed if you were at work or in a university lecture and some autist showed up and started loudly explaining anime and how it related to his favorite "Veeky Forums memes?"
That's why people feel uncomfortable about your use of the word "umami." I already did a plenty good job describing the feeling for you, it's basically sympathetic embarrassment, as in the involuntary sense of being embarrassed because someone else has been so embarrassing that it actually radiates out and pollutes your own emotional well being.

>I use a special word because I believe it makes me smart
>people who use the correct word in the language are WRONG
fuck off, retard.

>Why would it make you feel uncomfortable or annoyed if you were at work or in a university lecture and some autist showed up and started loudly explaining anime and how it related to his favorite "Veeky Forums memes?"
It wouldn't make me uncomfortable at all. Though I would wonder why someone was ranting about unrelated things at a work or lecture.

>> it's basically sympathetic embarrassment
Why would there be any embarrassment at all? What's embarrassing about a word? Is this one of those things where people look down on things that they perceive as "fancy" because it somehow threatens them? Like how a redneck might react to someone talking about fancy booze instead of JD?

>>I use a special word because I believe it makes me smart
Nobody thinks that way user. The fact you believe that people are doing it to show off is telling. Showing off or trying to look smart has nothing to do with it. The Japs did the research behind the taste so they get to name it. That's how science works: the person making the discovery gets to name it.

>Like how a redneck might react to someone talking about fancy booze instead of JD?

Not him, but yes it's the same thing. I live in bumfuck backwater where the vast majority are either uneducated whitetrash or nignogs, either one of which will look at you strange or become hostile if you use words that are perceived as being "tainted by dat dere athiest soshulism furrin malarkey." The redneck you're arguing with is the type to become hostile and round up his buddies for a good ol' fashioned bud light soaked lynching.

At least white people have food

Hahahah retards actually believe this

>flavor

>Actually it means "pleasant savory taste."

Umai means tasty.
Umami means "tasty taste".
Unless you can ask the guy who discovered it and ask him about his tastes, you're fucked.