How the fuck did people figure out that if you beat egg whites long enough, they thicken?

How the fuck did people figure out that if you beat egg whites long enough, they thicken?

How did people figure out mayonnaise

HOW BEAT EGG

When you ain't got nothing else to do, just fuck some shit up in the kitchen. Duh

someone a long time ago, one of the billions and billions of people to ever have existed, mixed eggs long enough to get stiff peaks.
what kind of dumb fucking question is that?

they tried to use it as lube to fuck each others assholes

Yeah but why would they do that? They had no reason to beat egg whites that long

How did people figure out that if you slowly pour melted butter into lemon juice and egg yolks and simmer it makes hollandaise?

SAME LIKE BEAT MUM

How autistic are you?
Maybe they just wanted to see what would happen? There doesn't need to be a reason, people just do things
That's why we have society, and agriculture

The first time the mother was trying to keep an austic child occupied so she let him continue to mix the egg.

appearantly the juice that comes with canned chickpeas is beatable too
vegans will do anything

People who we're passionate about food experimented.

Do you watch Rick and Morty?

>Passionate
>Muh scientific experimentation
Lol let me guess you're one of those le Reddit I'm pickle Rick faggots?
Fuck upp

Forget that, who the hell though of drinking a cow's milk!

some guy probably shook eggs, most likely in a container of some sort. Shaking is pretty much like beating, so this person probably expanded on the discovery. It's also likely that it happened around the same time people discovered butter and cream, and so people were just going around beating shit because it's what's 'in' during 500BC. I'm pulling all this out of my ass, but it was also probably the french who figured it out. Those people are kinky weirdos so it's not surprising they would go around attacking eggs with whisks.

probably from the old practise of fortification

People always threw whatever they had into whatever else they knew how to make to pack as much food and nutrients into one plate as possible

lo and behold, the egg works rather well. They notice it enrichens and gives volume to anything it goes into. meringues being no different.

>yfw your ancestors attacked hundreds of thousands of eggs to discover whipped whites

>be me, an ancient peasant or some shit
>find a strange looking mushroom, pic related
>it is a Gyromitra Esculenta
>pick it up and give it to a friend
>he eats it and dies, well that's bad luck lol
>find another, boil it and feed it to a friend
>he dies as well, lol I guess these are pretty poisonous!
>find some more, don't know what to do with such a poisonous thing
>NOW I got it! I'll boil it TWICE! That'll show them!
>now it's edible for some fucking reason

They're delicious btw, you can find them in the spring. But keep your car windows open while riding with these shrooms because breathing them kills you as well.

Any water with proteins can do it. You can do it with pond scum if you wanted to.

You'll try basically anything if you're starving

Boiling is both cleaning and killing the fungus. So you do it twice to clear out all the deadly spores. I assume you do it until the water runs clear.

Thats not how you do a hollandiase cunt

Artichokes. Who the fuck figured out how to eat an artichoke?

this
how did people figure out how to eat artichokes, but fucked up with potatoes and ate the plant above earth and not below (and got poisoned and died)

Maybe someone didn't like the yellow part and tried to make something with the white part only. You start seeing bubbles quite fast, so that person might just have wanted to put some spice in it first.

original artichokes have really small buds, so it's likely they just boiled that and ate it whole at first. Then picky eaters started to spit the hard part and their mom started to remove the "gross" part.

Did they not originally have that hair on the heart?

all i have learned is that you are a terrible friend

>How did people figure things out?

A lot of the time a kid or retard does it. Timmy with a disability lived through eating those berries so we can to. Jimmy loves stirring things and invented beating eggs, etc.

If you don't know which things can kill you and which can't, you just eat a tiny portion of it. if you have to vomit, it was bad and you don't eat it ever again. if you are ok after a while you eat another tiny portion. and another. and another.

if you have plenty of eggs and they are about to go bad and winter is coming, you try everything to keep them a bit longer.

Why people still drink alcohol then?

Who the fuck came up with choux paste?

Yeah, I'm going to cook the flour with the butter, and then beat in eggs, pipe it into shapes, and marvel at my dry, hollow pastry

Because regular water goes bad too quickly, beer is basically a conservation method for water. The buzz is just a bonus on top of that.

How I eet fud?

u serious?
because none of the above happens and
because it wont get you killed unless you drink tons of it. and it makes you have a good time.

Probably more than likely

Before the internet people had a lot of free time on their hands.

Cringey as fuck.

You have to remember people back then had a lot more free time and were a lot more bored. You don't have to beat eggs long to see they get bubbly. From there it's a logical step of just being bored enough to think "I wonder how bubbly I can get them?"

Forget that. Who decided to stop drinking the blood with the milk?

>Italians at one point threw hot pasta into raw egg and came up with a new dish

WA LA

Imagine the first person to accidentally leave out your bread dough for too long and then realizing leaving it out too long makes the bread fluffy instead of flat bread

>that first guy to eat cheese

people only have to work in white and asian countries

>bro, I don't want to work this shift guarding Chief G̑ʰđemou̯erg̑os Eii̯ēkˣmos's goat harem
>I'll take your shift if you eat this weird shit from the milk that spoiled a couple months ago in my sheep skin
>o-okay

yeah, nah, I'll just not eat a deadly poisonous fungus in the first place.

>are you SURE you boiled it enough...?

Luke, did I tell you about the time I went mushroom picking with your father on the moons of Endor?

A housewife was very upset and found relief beating the shit out of those motherfucker eggs.

Lactose tolerance is a caucasian mutation most Africans don't have.

Someone probably fucked an egg, or was beating an egg absent mindedly while watching two dinos fight.

>Why people still drink alcohol then?

how did people figure out if you beat chickpea water long enough they thicken?

Dunno, we also regularly ingest insecticides (caffeine and nicotine). Humans are weird senpai.

>whipping egg with spoon

Curiosity. Something that died with cancerous social media.

Why would any sane person eat a mushroom like that? It even looks unhealthy/disgusting.

>one of the billions and billions of people to ever have existed
how many do you think have ever existed user?

How do they even turn from transparent to pure white?

doesn't transfer very well with the whisk, does it

This person has never been REALLY hungry.

They're all bubbles.

For a similar idea, see ice. Lots of air is dissolved in water. When you freeze that water, the air turns into bubbles, making the ice cloudy. If you want cloudier ice, mix more air in.

Ancient Alzheimer’s chefs

You mean Ancient Parkinson’s chefs?

Ancient Parkinson’s chefs

Do you remember the desire to experiment with cooking as a kid? You'd watch your parents cook, and want to try crazy stuff like adding strawberries to spaghetti or whatever?

Well that innate desire to experiment, which most humans have, sometimes yields amazing results.

Can confirm
Mum went vegan last christmas and decided to strain that shit and use it in a chocolate mousse in place of eggs without letting anyone know
I hate veganism I swear to fucking god

>a black dude beating his mother
I seriously fuckin' doubt it.

>Eggs get bubbly when stir???
>HOW BUBBLY CAN I MAKE EGG?

Reddit

It was probably something stupid like this desu.
I think most of humanities discoveries have been from stupid people doing shit for the fuck of it.

Because it's addictive and hits the reward/pleasure centers of the brain.

Who was the first person to eat an apple? What a weird fuck

It was a fork