Do you add butter to your sandwich?

When making a sandwich with for example: peanut butter, jam or nutella, do you add butter or margarine?

Yes.

no because im not a 600 pound ameriork with type 5 diabetes

I'll have margarine with tuna or toast but almost never use it otherwise.

Only if it calls for it. Adding butter to a pb&j seems silly

Butter isn't a very popular spread on sandwiches in the United States. I think it's more popular in Europe. My grandmother does this, but she's from Germany. I haven't seen any of my friends do this, unless butter is one of the main components eg jam and butter.

French use butter a lot too, especially with jam, ham, chocolat, etc.

If I had a pretty butter dish to leave on the counter. But I keep my butter in the fridge.

Adding butter to cold cut sandwiches isn't really done in America. It's a German thing, really.

also, obsessed

In the states butter is commonly added to cheese sandwiches.

It's also sometimes added chicken or turkey sandwiches, however mayo is more of the default condiment for most sandwiches containing chicken or turkey, mustard is used for ham, and any number of fancy sauces are added to beef or vegetarian sandwiches.

Sandwiches who's filling is a spread, especially a sweet spread like peanut butter and jam or nutella, usually don't have additional condiment spreads, unless it's another type of really sweet spread that's used as a filling, like marshmallow fluff.

Never heard or seen of adding butter to a sandwich unless it's a grilled cheese.

Some old bitch I work with occasionally brings in sandwiches, nothing fancy, usually ham and cheese or bologna or egg salad.
Nothing great, but its free lunch and tolerable, until everything is ruined by biting into a cold 1/4 inch thick butter patty she randomly throws in there.

>type 5 diabetes

Rarely. Only for toasted sandwiches where it can melt into the bread.

>high-fat diet causes diabetes

holy fuckin kek

>Only if it calls for it
?

Butter, never margarine. Margarine is for poor fat people and idiots.

But adding butter to every sandwich is a European habit.

Like only if the particular recipie says "put butter on ya sandwich" will i put butter on a sandwich

>butter
>650 fucking calories per 100g, 0 protein
>chicken
>120 calories and 20g protein per 100g

You may not get diabetes, but you sure as fuck are a fatass

>margarine
BE GONE VEGAYS

You dont put a stick of butter on your bread, just a thin layer. It's common practice in germany.

99% of the population and restaurants that serve breakfast are degenerate enough to put butter on toast put at least 2 thick slices on it.

Only with jam.
Nutella and pb already have fats

Limey here, dislike butter because it's too salty and difficult to spread, always prefer margarine, only thing is that cheap margarine goes off pretty quickly.

>eating fat makes you fat

You've been brainwashed m8

>and difficult to spread
Why haven't people figured out you can solve this issue by simply leaving the butter out of the fridge? It lasts many days before it goes bad.

tastelet

>it is not I that is wrong, the other 99% is

Spoken like a feminist. What micro aggression hit you today tumblerina?

>eat 6 oz of skinless chicken leg meat, peas, carrots and some potatos
>600 calories, 70g protein, lots of complex carbs and fiber and a healthy amount of fat
>feel satiated because of a healthy meal with slow digesting fibre and protein that won't spike your insulin, plus all the vitamins from your veggies

>3 slices of wonder bread
>3 sticks of butter
>jam
>bunch of deli meat, cheese
>oh and a slice of lettuce
>fries on the side
>1200 calories, 30g protein, shitloads of simple carbs and fat
>feel like shit, hungry 30 mins later, insulin spiked, want to eat more sugar and carbs

Really makes you think...

>400 calories of pure fat in addition to his bagel, jam(100% sugar) and whatever salt infested sandwich fillers/cheese he adds in
>oh and a huge glass of orange juice cause its HEALTHY (250 calores of pure sugar)

Breakfast is truly my greatest ally.

>going this autistic over what other people eat

Do you not have friends or is your retardation limited to just here? The stress you demonstrate more than compensates for whatever supposed health benefit yout enjoy

this thread is blowing my mind

I always just take it as a given that butter is added to the bread

when making a pb+j I add butter to each slice first, then the spreads

seems so weird and gross to just straight slap a spread on a bread slice no butter?!

not fat btw

>3 slices of wonder bread
>jam
>fries on the side

Yeah eating shitty carbs will make you fat, that has nothing to do with what I said you dense retard.

Wtf margarine is salty you twat
Also what the fuck, use unsalted butter you dip

That's a stupid argument with your made up menu, retard

>butter is 400 calories
>implying
>salt infested sandwhich (lmao)
>implying
>filler cheese
>implying
>orange juice sugar
>implying
That's pathethic willie nillie brain dream breakfast over a spread of butter.
How bitter are you?

bread by itself is a very rich food. There is no need to add any sort of fat to bread.

Butter completes it.

yuropoors eat margarine more than butter for some reason, especially in germany and netherlands

no, that's gross

>In the states butter is commonly added to cheese sandwiches
you can't even get a cheese sandwich unless you order off the kids menu, or cook at home fatty

>It's also sometimes added chicken or turkey sandwiches
no its not, its mayo mainly or mustard

>marshmallow fluff
thats disgusting

t. amerifat