I want to buy my girlfriend a small bar of some fucking amazing chocolate for christmas. Recommendations?

I want to buy my girlfriend a small bar of some fucking amazing chocolate for christmas. Recommendations?

pic related???

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolove.com/
holistichelp.net/blog/is-raw-cacao-really-healthy/
hawaiimagazine.com/content/where-find-hawaii-chocolate
valrhona-chocolate.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't get her some stupid artisan shit that tastes the same as everything else but costs 10 dollars a bar, get the tried and tested chocolate that everyone loves

Is she fat? Don't buy fat chicks chocolate for Christmas. Speaking from experience here.

no american chocolate please

skinny

Everyone knows you're baiting for obsessedposting

buy her marabou or kinder buenos

I would give her something with spme permanence. She'll eat the candy bar and then forget about you. Actually, she'll probably blame you that the chocolate bar is gone.

this brand is good stuff.

chocolove.com/

once had a >75% french dark chocolate, la valhorn (something along those lines) with lavender, great aroma and taste

>small bar of chocolate for christmas
>girlfriend
>Recommendations?
yeah, stop being so stingy and get her a selection of chocolates. visit a chocolatier's, you're bound to have one somewhere in driving distance. get advice from them, not from a fucking imageboard on the internet

Seconding Buenos or Ferrero rocher's

Ferrero fucking sucks.

t. Cletus
>checked

why does everyone on Veeky Forums say Hersheys tastes bad? tastes fine to me? nothing special, but not disgusting like you guys make it out to be. are my taste buds retarded?

Go to a chocolatier. Get a small box of truffles or some crap like that. Don't get a fucking candy bar. That said, Milka>Hershey's.

Get these chocolate godiva biscuits. They taste fucking amazing.

>don't get her some stupid artisan shit that tastes the same as everything else but costs 10 dollars a bar,
I hate you

Does valentines day consist of putting on your good dale earnhardt hat and buying a box of ferrero rocher?

ritter sport

I'm not OP
But I want some very good chocolate with nothing in it I don't want caramel I don't want butterscotch I want plain dark or milk chocolate

Get her a bar of Lindt Swiss Classic. Simple and elegant.

Poke around your city for a proper chocolatier, no sense buying a candy bar as a christmas gift

Not for the faint of heart

Fungi.com

I'm American and I grew up with Hershey bars...then I grew up and eventually had real chocolate. In comparison, Hershey's chocolate tastes rancid. It might have something to do with them using rancid milk, or milk powder or something like that. I don't know. I don't care. I hate it.

I also now hate milk chocolate too, but that's for a different rant.

Are you from Europe or USA? Get some fancy Swiss chocolate, buy pieces for a hand picked chocolate box.

This is good stuff.

This.

Also, just grab a sample of a few things and make a fucking date out of it.

I'm not 100% certain that bitches love going to fancy chocolate places and picking out fancy chocolate from an impressive assortment of awesome chocolate...but I'm willing to bet that bitches love going to fancy chocolate places and picking out fancy chocolate from an impressive assortment of awesome chocolate

Why are the swiss always so god damned good at everything?

>muh gun laws

>fine milk chocolate

is that marketing strategy working out for them

Why would you want to come out on christmas its fucking awkward?

Because they don't allow niggers to be citizens

Hate Hersheys too, but milk chocolate is far superior to dark

It's made from mixture of fermented vomit and shit guess some people like that

Lindt, Ghirardelli and Godiva is the best thing you can buy in your local walmart

Just had some of these and they were amazing.

Also where are you from?

I brought some Green and Blacks assortment box from the UK to my mother when I visited her and she really liked them. Also some Godiva, Divine, etc.
The Divine ones were pretty good.

Hershey does taste different from the more pricey chocolately options
When the Eurocucks mentioned that Hershey chocoltae had a vomity overtaste, I can now untaste/unsee.

Butyric acid is what makes Hershey's taste like vomit.

Haha nice meme I get it because if you eat godiva biscuits you must be gay haha true comedy

Pralus

Hershey bars are neither made from vomit or from spoiled milk

They just add butyric acid to it

I seriously want to know how much you are planning to spend that you specified a “small bar of chocolate” for Christmas. I don’t see that costing more than $5-$10 - which still shouldn’t be that outrageous outside the states.

Huh. I have never particularly cared for Hershey chocolate (Nestle still tastes cheap but at least more like regular chocolate) and I’ve often wondered what it was originally like that it managed to become famous... but I could never quite put my finger on what I disliked about the taste. I am not keen on the texture either but now that you all mention it tasting like vomit, I can actually sort of understand why you would describe it that way. Thank you.

I eat "real" chocolate all the time and still enjoy hershey's whenever I happen to eat it. Just stop being a bunch of tastelets

Valrhona is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to ultra-premium chocolate. The company is the largest wholesale distributor of ultra-premium cocoa beans in the world.

Guittard is superior to all 3. Next closest would be Lindt. Ghiradelli is like the Hershey bar of “fine chocolate”. I’d definitely take it any day over a Hershey bar but I’d take nearly any other “fine chocolate” over it.

butyric/butanoic acid is the defining factor of rancid butter, parmesan cheese, and vomit. Americans have literally become accustomed to eating vomit flavoured chocolate

No, no. You want to get her those in the 70% or 82% bars. But yeah, that's good chocolate. One of the best chocolates made in the states. Ironically, they were bought by Hershey's some years ago. Yes, Hershey's has the distinction of making both the worst chocolate in the world as well as some of the best.

>mfw slightly disgusted last time I ate a hersheys bar yet I couldn't put my finger on it
>this whole vomit thing makes sense

Find some on amazon, Its the best.

To be honest I really love Dove and Godiva chocolate so you can't go wrong with either of those.

I also found these at target and they're amazing and made with belgian chocolate.

Highly recommend.

>belgian chocolate
Belgian chocolate is a meme.
t. ate some

Kinder white is where it's at
But ferrero tastes bad

Find a flaw

>i'm a tasteless cuck

holistichelp.net/blog/is-raw-cacao-really-healthy/

>Find a flaw

SIXTY FIVE FUCKING PENCE
GOD BLESS THE QUEEN
JUST FUCK MY BOTTY, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ACCEPTABLE

I like El Rey chocolate. The 40% milk and the non-deodorized white are fairly special.

El Rey is far cheaper and just as good.

>non-deodorized white
What.

look at these guys

you just now their chocolate is going to be amazing

forgot pic

>Wow they even took the time to scatter the chocolate with white chocolate flakes.
>Wait a minute, this doesn't taste like white chocolate

Didn't really like bueno cause of wafers but my favorite chocolate of all time since i was 3(i think) is this.

Ignore everything else posted so far.

How much soy product are these boys putting in their chocolate? I mean jeeze...

Typically white chocolate has the bean's scent removed but El Rey doesn't do that. Has a more nutty taste.

Well they should cut that shit out. Why not add some more milk, vanilla or something. Fuck, anything but vomit extract

It's just remelted valhrona. Plebs who think good chocolate costs $10 for a little bar when they could just buy bulk high quality chocolate from a baking supply shop are the reason the mast bros got big. I see no problem with this, they weren't selling bad chocolate. On the contrary, it was better chocolate than the average ameritard has ever tasted. People just got triggered because they look 'hip'

This thread really revealed the flyovers on this board.

PROTIP: If it's available in a supermarket, it's not fancy.

One of these bad boys.

>his supermarket doesn't have fancy goods

My, just how poor are you?

PA representing. Hershey's is good. I have a small shop near my house who makes what some would call "real chocolate." Of course smaller places that don't produce mass amounts are better. For everyday typical chocolate, Hershey's is good. It doesn't have a vomit aftertaste to me. Besides, most "fancy" cheeses have feet/vomit tastes and smells so gtfo with that. You're not eating vomit/shit/feet don't be a child.

t. slave state flyover who thinks Dagoba is "fancy"

I'm sorry that you live in a pretend city and not a big boy city, but here in the first world fancy supermarkets have fancy goods and services.

Amedei or Michel Cluizel for the big guns. Also, something by Willies Cacao.

atlanta is not a "big city", cleetus

Is it really as hard to get decent chocalate in USA as the memes say or is it just appropriate to give your gf a supermarket-tier bar for christmas?

if you're 12, or dirt poor, it's acceptable

also keep in mind flyovers think that lindt is fancy so scharffen berger must be exclusive luxury chocolate

Its easy to get good chocolate here. There are high end US brands and Euro imports are common too. Its only the cheap shit big brands from a gas station or supermarket checkout line that suck.

I've seen them for 85p

ferrero is the brand name
rocher's is that specific chocolater name you retard

i dont know i dont live in the USA
but just order it off amazon buddy

also eurofag here
i tried hersheys cookies n chocolate bar once
and i personally thought it tasted fine

I like K'ul chocolate because I live there and it's covered with buzzwords :D

These are pretty fucking good.

Pic related. Best candy in America, owned by Warren buffet too.

Too bad because there a a few places in Hawai'i that make small batch bars from cacao grown in Hawai'i... some of the best chocolate ever.

Vosges Haut is better.

Trader Joe's dark chocolate lover's 85%
not a fancy brand but it's very good, nothing I've had tastes like it

hawaiimagazine.com/content/where-find-hawaii-chocolate

>Better than See's
Lol

A bag of cocoa-dusted almond chocs is an elegant treat. Also, Guylain's sea shells are an inexpensive but impressive entry-level fancy chocolates. Loacker's dark chocolate tortinas are addictive so avoid unless you like the bbw.
Don't know it
Surprised me how trash it is
>bueno
6/10
5/10
6.5/10
5/10
>70%
We need to go higher
HIGHER
Looks plain incredible
5.5/10