Whats a good way to make rice taste better

whats a good way to make rice taste better
do you add spices? sauces? vegetables? or something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/
gourmed.com/recipes/all/spinach-and-rice-spanakorizo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>do you add spices? sauces? vegetables? or something else?
yeah

add ketchup

Bay leaf.

Just add love :3

Try cinnamon. Just a little bit.

Faggot

Discussing

Soy sauce

Non-Shitpost answer: Butter and salt

superior japanese rice cooked properly requires no extra ingredients.

Put an over easy egg on top with some salt and black pepper

make fragrant rice by cooking it with pandan leaf and chicken stock instead of water.

Cook it with butter and add pic related to it further a bit of lemon juice is nice too.
Also sprinkle a bit of black pepper powder when done.

Furikake seasoning
Scallions
Cilantro

Black pepper, salt, sesame seeds, and sesame oil

>superior japanese rice cooked properly requires no extra ingredients.
Rice in general needs no extra ingredients. Well, unless you are making a rice based dish that is.
Also Korean, and Thai sticky rice is superior to Japanese rice, and whatever white rice Filipinos use is pretty tasty as far as long grain rice goes.

generally just buy good quality rice.

i find organic Asian brands taste great. go to asian grocery store and get something not in english that's in a burlap sack or something fancy like that and it tastes great.

soy sauce, seasame oil, green onion, furikakae.
doesnt take much

A R S E N I C

nutritionfacts.org/video/do-the-pros-of-brown-rice-outweigh-the-cons-of-arsenic/

>So, bottom line, until we know more, my current thinking on the matter is: if you really like rice, you can moderate your risk by cutting down, choosing lower-arsenic varieties, and cooking it in a way to lower exposure even further. But, if you like other whole grains just as much—like if you simply don’t care either way if you have rice vs. quinoa, or whatever, I’d choose the lower-arsenic option.

Stock cubes, or if you're cooking meat, brown it in your rice pot for a bit first.

>organic arsenic
>inorganic arsenic
Shit man air has arsenic in it should I avoid breathing?

You don't make rice taste good. It's poor people food and so it should be utilitarian and only provide macro and micro-nutrients and satiate hunger.

A spoonful of sour cream mixed in makes it really good.

Honey, user. Add like a spoonful of honey while it's still cooking (not fully cooked else it'll just make the rice clump) and stir til it's nice and dissolved in there. Magic.

Other than that, a little seasoned rice vinegar, some basic sesame furikake, soy sauce, hondashi are all good options to flavor your rice a little if you're just trying to make mostly-plain rice

otherwise like just put some meat and vegetables in there lol

the fug you don't eat rice by itself damn baka

real men eat their rice raw with their black coffee, it's why asians are all so effeminate, they cook their rice, eat rice raw to raise your testosterone and become a real man.

Vinegar

You should have some kind of HEPA filtered forced air in your home since it doesn't rain in there. Without, you'll have about 10x the suspended particulate. Many apartments are nasty because people don't think of that.

Substitute 1/2 of your water for broth or white cooking wine.

beans

>furikake, soy sauce, hondashi
Friendly reminder that this is an English board.

>lightly fry in peanut oil
>soy sawce
>celery
>carrot
>ginger
>garlic
>roasted peppers
>grilled/roasted bamboo shoots
>tofu/egg/meat/scrimp/etc
>salt/(white or red)pepper

I just mixed some sambal oelek and soy sauce in mine yesterday, was tasty.

>You should have some kind of HEPA filtered forced air in your home since it doesn't rain in there.
It just rained though am I safe from "air" now? What should I do when I'm outside when it's not raining?

There's particulate inside because you and your stuff are always shedding more and it has nowhere to go. Outside is fine.

I’m partial to some jasmine rice with Cajun seasoning on it.

sugar and butter

>t. non american

Cook rice in chicken stock. When it says, "one cup of rice, two cups of water", replace the word "water" with "chicken stock". Your rice will taste so much better.

Don't wash your penis for a week and put the accumulated shmegma into the rice. If someone ask what you put into the rice for flavoring, say: an organic cheese.

You have to be over 18 to post on this board user.

add turmeric, cumin seed, cardamom, and chili powder to the water.
salt after it's cooked.
good shit and cheaper than chicken stock.

ok, I'll molest some kids, then, bye.

I like to toast my rice with some ghee and a lot of minced garlic. You can make basic veggie stock by boiling celery, carrot, onion, parsley together and straining it. You can add any herbs or leftover veggies to make your flavored water suit your taste.
I usually like to eat my rice with tahini, or diced avocado mixed into it. You can also make a sauce to go with it, like teriyaki or pumpkin curry.
Add whatever seasonal veggies or meat you can afford.

>boil rice for 80% of it's regular cooking time
>drain and leave to cool for 30-60mins
>30-60 minutes later
>finely cube medium 1 carrot, 1 small onion, 1 stick of celery
>put 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a medium hot frying pan (everybodies got a frying pan right? Also I don't own a wok)
>throw you cubed veg in the frying pan and fry for 3-5 minutes
>dump rice into pan with the veg and fry for a further 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently
>sprinkle some pepper or chilli powder onto it
>serve

Tastes pretty good and is pretty simple.

I dont really add anything other than salt. However, I cook the rice differently. I fill a casserole with water, bring it to a boil and add rice. Takes roughly 40 minutes to boil my rice tender. Thereafter i use a strainer to separate the rice from the water. The result is very fluffy rice with solid good consistency.

eat bread instead. rice is trash.

Sounds good, will try.

pretty sure this has been said 100000 times but cilantro and lime juice. mmmmmmMMM

garlic

for me
simmer some onions in a saucepan in some butter. add garlic after about 5 minutes
simmer an additional few minutes
add chicken broth to pan (use it in place of water with the same ratio as you would according to your rice), bring to boil
add rice
reduce heat to low and cover tightly
microplane some zucchini and smoked cheddar, finely chop some baby spinach.
stir in cheddar, spinach, and cheese after 20 minutes, cover it back up and kill the heat. let sit for another 5-10 minutes until rice is soft and cheese is melted
wa la

>cheddar, spinach, and cheese
sorry i mean cheddar spinnach and zucchini

That's hot

soy sauce, cayenne, and a couple dunny side up eggs on top is how i roll

Use better rice and cook it perfectly and you wont need anything else. Japanese or Korean short-grain (sticky kind) with enough water is amazing.

If you still have a shitty time eating something simple, sprinkle on the endless types of furikake available at asian grocery stores.

If you really like the taste of fucking salt and algae, you can add some of this shit like the gooks do.

Cook it in stock.

I'm trying this. Filling out a recipe card now.

>saute onion and garlic in butter
>add chicken broth in place of water
>add salt
You can put other shit in there to. Rice dont care.

Oh and, you know, cook the rice in there. Not sure if that needed to be said or not.

Thanks for the recipe!

: (

Turmeric user!

I usually just add salt

Peanut sauce.

For me, it's butter, seasoned salt, and Tobasco.

couple things you can do. cook in chicken broth, or beef broth if you are hardcore. or add some spices to your water. ginger is a good start if you are making asian cuisine. godspeed.

Do you people seriously cook rice in plain water?
There is a proper way of cooking rice, it's how it's done around the Mediterranean. I will teach you.

1 - Dice onion and crush garlic
2 - Put a bit of olive oil in pot and let if heat up a bit
3 - Put onion and garlic in, let them fry slightly, don't wait for them to darken
4 - Pour rice grain in, DO NOT WASH THE RICE
5 - Stir around, to mix the onion, oil and garlic with the rice
6 - Put boiling water in the pot (usually double the amount of rice, or just slightly less than that), add salt
7 - close pot and put it on very strong heat for 2 or 3 minutes
8 - reduce heat to minimum and let it simmer for a few minutes (10 to 15)
9 - take the pot out of the heat BEFORE the grain opens, DO NOT LET THE GRAIN OPEN

And done. Delicious rice, done the way it is supposed to be done, and how it has been done throughout centuries. Don't listen to asians boiling their rice in plain water, it's fucking subhuman.

>pour olive oil
>add rice
>add a bit of sea salt
>cook it until rice starts to gain colour from oil
>add water
>rice soaks it
>add water
>rice soaks it
>continue cooking until rice is cooked
amd you have plain bianco rice, you can eat it with sone beef stew or whatever. Risottos are a bit more complicated

why wouldnt you wash the rice? it bubbles up with a bunch of starch unless you wash it...

My man, literally what I had just wrote, without the addition of onion/garlic (which is a more typical portuguese thing).

I guess all meds cook bianco rice similarily

Let it bubble. If you want dry rice (and not some kind of creamy rice) you need to use something thin, like Basmati, Jasmin or Thai.
Washing the rice almost guarantees it is going to open up during cooking, it completely ruins it.

sometimes, more often than right, plain rice is more than enough for a recipe.
curries, over stew, over some some saute veg/ meat and its great.

sometimes a really good brand of rice just water and salt and you can basically eat that shit plain.

reminds me of this albanian dish, im sure other slav/greek/turk places do this too, of saute spinach garlic and olive oil cooked with rice cooked in chicken stock.

i forget how its said, burani?

inneresting

sorry i meant this for

it's basicly same but without onions

In southern europe we make rice as I described it to use as the side dish. I understand what you said, but the process I described makes it better in every way, so in my eyes not doing it it's either laziness or ignorance.

I dn't know that dish you're referring to, but it sounds like (portuguese) chicken rice to me (minus spinach). Some people add red wine vinegar and the chicken blood at the end, it's one of the most appetizing things I have eaten in my whole life. It's usually better if it's with a strong rooster, because the flavour is stronger and goes well with vinegar and blood.

But that one taking spinach seems interesting, I'm imagining it and I'm salivating.

gourmed.com/recipes/all/spinach-and-rice-spanakorizo

i looked up the recipe proper. I forget the mainstay flavor profile is the addition of fresh dill and alot of speciallty dried greek oregano / mediternnean oregano.

it can be filled , and its good with hard cheeses a side of fresh tomato, or even a yogurt sauce.
that portugues dish sounds good

Thanks, I'm going to try making it later. I fucking love spinach.

>gourmed.com/recipes/all/spinach-and-rice-spanakorizo

your welcome, maybe show some pics.
also use a broth or a bouillon cube not only just plain water.
muchos gracias

whats a good way to make a faggot OP less cancerous
do you post memes? reply? report? or something else?

>soy sauce
Op asked for a way to make rice better, not a recipe for bitch tits

>muchos gracias
that's spanish, my dude
portuguese: Muito Obrigado

LEL

>cooking wine
there is no such thing

It's an euphemism for shitty wine. Or in America, shitty "wine", since it's sweet.

>ctrl + F "coconut milk"
>0 result

Everyone ITT needs to kys

sesame seeds on top and a savoury dish
rice isnt suppossed to taste much, its to clean your palette

>being a pajeet
Don't you have a street that needs to be pooed on?

Is it pleb that I'll cook some plain white rice and eat it with a bit of sriacha ?

OLD BAY.

I'll sometimes throw in some Cardamon while it's cooking and always some butter

Arab style

Extremely, but you're in good company on Veeky Forums.

>Washing the rice almost guarantees it is going to open up during cooking
Load of crap. Overboiling is what opens it.

I hope you enjoy it!
>captcha

Chicken stock when simmering

You mean HFCS and soybean oil.

my roommate used to do this. Is it that I put it on while it's cooking? i have a rice cooker if that changes your answer.

Make it like this, tastes great. Reduce salt to 1 teaspoon though. Use basmati rice.