Why would anyone buy a rice cooker? Serious question...

Why would anyone buy a rice cooker? Serious question. I can make a perfect pot of rice pilaf in 20 minutes using a regular pot. Why spend money on a dedicated appliance?

The main factors for me are:
1) it frees up a hob on the stove
2) the newer rice cookers with a pressure mode produce better taste and texture compared to a normal pot. A pressure cooker can do this too, but the rice cooker is a lot less work to operate and is easier to clean

Frees up my hands and a heating element while I focus on other things.

because you don't know how to cook rice on a stove
because you like wasting your money on shit
because you have a huge kitchen that can accommodate useless meme appliances

rice cookers are like $20, I can afford to pay that for the convenience of easily cooking rice to the perfect consistency every time.

Consistent rice everytime. And coming from an Asian family we used to eat alot.

i make 2 cups of rice perfectly and use the same brand everytime. i change brands and its always cooked differently. also cooking diferent volumes always end up slightly slightly different.

maybe a rice cooker would help with that but I dunno

I recently threw out a broken rice cooker my parents gave me when I moved. I was worried at first, but doing rice on a stovetop is really not that difficult. I don’t have a desire to replace my old rice cooker.

>he doesn't have 4 pots of food cooking at all times
cheflets get out

2 possible reasons, retardation or laziness. there's no real reason to get one.

>Why would anyone buy a rice cooker
Convenience.

Most rice cookers are also slow cookers/steamers.

If it can be set to cook on a timer though (like to start cooking in 6 hours type thing) then I can see the usefulness of fire and forget

why would anyone use an oven, when you could just rub sticks together to make a cooking fire

I make rice about 6 to 8 times a week so it's nice for me to be able to rinse, set, and forget for the next 30 mind while I fuck off to do literally anything else. So yeah for me it's laziness lol.

why does Veeky Forums hate convenience?

why would anyone rub sticks together to make a cooking fire, when you could just wait for lightning to strike a tree?

Some of us sit down on the couch and get baked as fuck, usually forget that I'm cooking until I smell it burning.

why would you heat your food when you could just take a bite out of a living animal

>Asian family
>can't cook rice

I bet you fucking plebs dont even have your own personal rice field

>buying any raw produce or spices instead of growing everything you eat in your backyard

>for me it's laziness
At least your honest.

Same reason the idiots here piss themselves over nip whiskey. They're disgusting weebs. Pic related.

do you even mine and blacksmith bro? I bet you bought that garden hoe at Home Depot lol fucking pleb

>thinking nips, the most efficient people on the planet would waste time cooking rice on a stove
>not just setting it to cook before they get home and sleep for 2 hours before they go back to work
brainlet

Honestly I can go to bed with raw rice and wake up with fresh rice with a rice cooker

>not evolving to filter feed through the atmosphere
I pity you

I am perfectly capable of cooking rice in a saucepan but the advantages of a rice cooker are obvious.

The optimal amount of water and exact cooking time will change based on the following factors:

>shape of pot used
>variations in heat setting on stove
>whether the rice is new crop or not
>how long it's been since the rice was harvested
>what type of rice you're cooking
>what exact varietal of rice you're cooking

Another major advantage is that rice cookers can keep rice warm and moist effectively indefinitely. Not so for rice sitting in a pot, even with the lid on (a clay pot improves the situation but has its own disadvantages). If you've ever cooked for a group, or even for just a large family, I'm sure you'll agree that having fewer things you need to 'time' properly in conjunction with each other is an enormous boon.

tl;dr Asian people eat rice a lot, so consistent quality of rice is important, and don't have time to fiddle around like you single unemployed losers do

>eating rice for breakfast
>weeb confirmed

Do you make an extra serving for your kawaii body pillow?

rice cookers keep the rice warm and moist with out risk of burning or overcooking. You can take your rice cooker and put it on the dinner table to serve steaming hot rice from it. rice cookers have time delay. Allowing you to wake up or come home to fresh hot rice.

Tamago Kake Gohan is pretty great breakfast.

hot steaming rice, furikake, egg

put the furikake and egg on the steaming hot rice and stir. the heat from the rice cooks the eggs. coating all the rice in fluffy egg.

Some people eat rice every day.

Also, short-grain rice have better texture when cooked in a pressure vessel like a dedicated rice cooker.

There isn't a household in either Japan or S. Korea without a rice cooker or two.

I made curry last night and not having to worry about the rice was great.

Although I got my rice cooker for free so I might not be the most unbiased person.

i bought a microwave rice cooker and it owns

>set timer
>go to work
>come home to the smell of freshly cooked rice
>fire up a wok and stir fry some meat and vegetables
>dinner is done in less than 10 minutes

you can set it so you wake up to delicious rice in the morning. Ulitmate Weeabo breakfast.

>Tamago Kake Gohan
Nice, gona try that tomorow user. Btw which rice would you recommend?

short grain japanese sticky rice. usually labaled as sushi rice at more plebeian stores.

you should try actively cooking while high, it is fun

That often goes badly for me because in that state I can only focus on one thing at a time, so I can't really juggle multiple simultaneous needs in the kitchen. Stirring a single pot or something would be no problem, but making anything that requires multiple components of the dish to be cooking simultaneously always ends in a burned disaster. Either that, or I walk away and forget I was cooking entirely.

>If you've ever cooked for a group, or even for just a large family
Cooking for many people without worrying about fucking up the rice is the only advantage I see. I don't own one and don't need it anymore since I stopped feeding lots of people that never fed me back.

Do everything in order. Prep everything, heat the pan, cook everything in order.

because I'm not a broke faggot who makes every decision based on frugality

i bet you open the meat package and just toss it in the pan without cleaning it with lemon & marinating it. disgusting wypipo

Jap whiskey's are actually well regarded as decent. Don't be a bitch about it.

They just hate anything