What is the best pasta dish you've ever made?

What is the best pasta dish you've ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs&t=219s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Five ingredients:

Spaghetti al dente
Parmesean
Romano
Some olive oil
Lots of cracked black pepper

Super simple but it will always be my favorite

I don't make much pasta. Once I tried some seafood crap, just tomatoes and shit and shoved a bunch of clams, scallops and small shrimp at the end.

It was ok, better than the few other shitty pasta stuff I rarely do.

Cheese burger mac n cheese. Elbow pasta, cheddar and Swiss Cheese, tomato paste, ground beef, bacon served with bread crumbs on top. Shit was cash.

Hamburger helper?

I've never made my own pasta so it can only be so good but I did make a really good seafood dish
>Clams and mussels
>cooked with garlic and shallots in olive oil
>reduced with white wine
>put linguine in a pan with a bit of oil, chili flake and ground black and white pepper
>mix in clams and mussels, stir it all up, serve

Made Chef John's recipe for Rigatoni al Segreto recently. First time making a pasta sauce from scratch. It was fucking delicious. Also my first time grating cheese myself.

I still don't understand why this shit exists. None of it looks good, at all.

this
well idk what pasta it was bit pretty sure it was penne
i just had it with some cheese salt pepper and olive oil
it was pretty damn tasty

>Shit was cash
Great now I've got that damn pasta in my head

Helloo this is chef John from FOODwishes DOTCOM wiiith....Rigatoni al Segreto! That's right...*insert pun* - freakishly small wooden spoon....a little cayenne....you are of course the master of your pasta...and we're done! And as always....enjoy!
I love that bastard.

spinach ricotta tortellini with blackened chicken and bacon covered in smoked gouda alfredo.
Extremely rich and fattening but tasty in small amounts

I made a really good (if simple) mac and cheese for thanksgiving
>bechamel
>gruyere, gouda, white cheddar, yellow cheddar
>diced bacon
>panko on top, baked off right after the turkey came out
It was goddamn amazing

>deep wok
>butter and garlic in
>prawns and scallops in
>cook until just barely cooked , transfer to bowl reserving liquid
>make a roux
>after adding milk slowly add seafood liquid
>add a healthy amount of dill.
>once sauce is thickened add seafood
>cook till heated but still delicious DO NOT OVERCOOK
>serve over tortellini or other chunky pasta

Oh right and a bunch of parm

>saute chopped rapini with garlic, dried chili flakes and golden raisins
>add garbanzo beans, salt and pepper
>toss with penne or any shaped pasta
>top with parmesan

I made a creole shrimp and blackened chicken dish with penne that was absolutely delicious. I was attempting to recreated the same dish that a nearby restaurant serves and in doing so my version surpassed theirs (in my biased opinion). I saved the recipe on my phone but never transferred it elsewhere before dropping my phone in the toilet. Could probably remember it if I tried, but not that concerned. Can just get the meal at the restaurant if I'm really craving it.

You should try and reconstruct it, nothing is more satisfying than developing a good recipe on your own

Dr. Greger's Eight Check-mark Pesto :-)

I've been considering it since posting this. Thinking I'll put aside some time this weekend to attempt it. My biggest issue will be remembering the spice blend I used for it. I've made a lot of cajun/creole style dishes over time and used different blends to try new things.

Tomato sauce with some heavy cream and fried pancetta, tons of parm

Cream, pancetta, diced onion and pees where you mash some of the pees up into the sauce. My parents always used really salty goat cheese we got from family but parm is also good.

Instant ramen with ketchup on top.

Bam. Gourmet.

My nigga
You are the Arnold Schwartzenegger at making your pasta better

Homemade pesto, fresh chopped basil, toasted pine nuts, salt, pepper, plenty of olive oil, add pasta and coat with he sauce. Add chopped spinach to wilt just before taking off the heat then add piccolo tomatoes. Walls. Was delicious desu

As far as boxed food goes it's pretty good

>tfw will never even come close to Big Boy's spaghetti recipe. Im skinny and that stuff is so delicious that I usually end up eating around 5 plates of their endless pasta.

Man! You just made me hungry. I gotta go get some Big Boy fish and chips today

linguine with clams (or mussels or whatever). nice and simple but always super tasty. also a good pesto is fantastic.

Giouvetsi (lamb w/ orzo)

And coq au vin w/ homemade hilopites

spaghetti and meatballs. the sauce is what really drove it home. mostly oregano, with a little onion influence. also some sugar to soften the bitter oregano aftertaste. cooked it down so it was barely watery. had that perfect balance of savory and sweet.

pasta with salmon, creamed curry and broccoli

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Made my own sauce
Then used it in sunday gravy

The pasta standard for me.I mix canned clams with fresh and a shitload of garlic.

Chicken, broccoli, bacon alfredo. I fried and chopped the bacon to be added, and a spoonful of the hickory bacon grease into my alfredo sauce set it off.

BLACK FUCKING PEPPER OR GET RIGHT WITH GOD.

american chop suey
>new england/10

Cajun pasta, but not the same ol' "blackened chicken alfredo" you see in every restaurant. This was linguine with a garlic-wine sauce-shallot sauce, topped with blackened chicken, shrimp, andouille sausage, sundried tomatoes, julliened bell peppers, and sliced mushrooms. It was some damn good shit.

I'm proud of you faggot

needs white wine and red pepper flakes

>linguine with clams
This. Pretty easy to make, tastes good, impresses normies.

is leaving the shells in normal? does it accomplish anything?

>boil pasta
>add pre made sauce

i r shef

nothing wrong with this if you're busy. I usually treat it as desert on week nights.

The best pasta I ever made was when I learned how to make actual Carbonara from that Italian guy (rip)

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs&t=219s

>desert
wut

dessert

No like in what sense is pasta a dessert?

Hamburger helper is my jam. You're just making them wrong.

spaghetti alla busera with scampi from the laguna, and our conserva made with homegrown tomatoes

In the sense that I eat it after my main dinner, and it's sort of a night-cap.

Creamy bacon pasta. Nothing special, just bacon, red onions, garlic, black pepper, salt, heavy cream and parmigiano regiano shredded into the sauce. Penne pasta tossed into that shit and goddamn it's comfortable food.

beef cheek ravioli, chicken livers, oyster mushrooms. was tasty

linguine and muscles

Every Christmas eve I make tortellini Alfredo from scratch.

Everyone gets 6-10 'linis and then goes to sleep

this one was pretty good

I would totally eat this

Pasta of your choice (I prefer spaghetti for this)
Pancetta or bacon
Onions
Chili flakes
Tinned tomatoes

care to share the recipe?

Bowls are just really big spoons without handles

Singapore Noodles.

¾ of a vermicelli container

3 eggs beaten with 2 shakes of curry powder and some pepper cook first with some oil

½ cup red bell pepper
½ cup onion sliced

4 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tbsp of chili sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger
2tbsp soy sauce

cook eggs first and reserve
put oil mixture in hot pan and stirfy veg
add vermicelli and mix
add eggs

for this one easter picnic, i made this creamy mayo-based macaroni salad full of herbs and veggies.

tiny shrimp
cubed sharp cheddar
radishes
spring onions
white onion
black olives
celery
parsley
fresh peas
carrot
dill

so fucking cash

You have to help Hamburger Helper. Use it as a base and then add to it. Add what you have around that would go into the 'real' version.

proper meat sauce.

day before:
>make beef stock, reduce to a glace
>pass a few pounds of tomatoes through a food mill, strain, reduce on very low heat for most of a day with a bay leaf, should be pretty thick
>braise some lamb shanks
>grind 50/50 shortrib and chuck
>grind some pork shoulder and add sausage seasonings

day of:
>diced onions straight down into a ripping hot dutch oven, no oil or butter, don't touch em just until they're on the edge of burning
>add diced panchetta and some olive oil, continue cooking on high for another few minutes
>add diced leek, fennel, carrots & porcini mushrooms, drop heat to medium, cook until veggies soften
>add wine: meme chianti works great. also add beef glace and a hit of balsamic. raise heat by a little bit until the liquid is pasty
>add the tomatoes and shredded lamb shanks, a healthy branch of rosemary and thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, bay leaf, dried basil, dried oregano, a hint of sage and marjoram, give it a splash of some kinda booze for good luck (vodka! vermouth! pastis! henny! sky's the limit), drop the heat to low, cover
>brown the ground beef and pork sausage in a stainless steel pan in small batches. and i mean BROWN it. do not stir it any more than necessary. a little whole butter in a lot of clarified butter is the way to go. add to the sauce 15 min before serving
>garnish with fresh oregano and basil

Ever made? It's hard to make bad pasta. I love pasta.

Best I've ever eaten? Was about $250 all up with some great wine, and the sound of waves crashing out on the beach. With my gf at the time.

That was only about a month into our relationship.

Ok ok sorry, so the pasta dish was this super fresh fresh buttery seafood dish. I will never forget and when I'm back there someday for holidays I'll take former gf, now wife and our two kids and see if it brings back memories.

I think I shouldn't go back bc could possibly spoil that perfect night but I also just need to relive that night even if it's 7 chefs ago. It was very high dining, so my Rugrats are going to have to grow up a bit first so I don't annoy or even slightly bother other customers.

Wholly fuk that was a strong to;dr

spaghetti with ajvar/feta/honey sauce

pennes

sauce:
gorgonzola
mozzarella
parmesan
emmental
some cream
some butter
ground black pepper

fucking delicious and heavy as fuck and perfect for a winter day.

Creamy ones. Like literally with a lot of cream. With parmesan, white wine and seafood. I like a good spaghetti bolognese too but nothing feels more indulgent than some expensive seafood mixed in with 3,000 calories.