Side dish!

Okay so me and my bf are on a diet. We are very deep in our junk food ways so we are trying to ween ourselves off easily.

I think we have been doing good so far though...we want to cook dinner tomorrow and we will be grilling chicken.
We are trying to think of some sides we can make to go with it.

Now what we are looking for is a side thats doesnt have to be extremely healthy but not super terrible either.
We are trying to find a side if 2 that well satisfy our appetite while not making us feel like we did a super bad thing lol.

Can anyone recommend anything? Bonus for anything frozen or boxed. We never really have much time to relax and cook (which was why we so heavily depended on fast food)

Go find a meth dealer, skip a few meals/sleeps a week and fuck for tedious hours.

It's the doctor recommended way to lose weight quick.

>I don't like vegetables

grow the fuck up

>Can anyone recommend anything?
Gastric bypass surgery.

Im not THAT big lol

Drugs cost noney we would rather not waste plus we do enjoy our teeth and faces

Everything in moderation. Although since you're both fat fucks that's probably beyond what you can do.

It's hard to say which is more disgusting, a fat fuck or a tweaker.

How about you stop eating potatoes, rice, bread and steak all in a single meal? This is some next level retardation.

Stewed tomatoes. Just get them canned, add some red wine and hot sauce to them and wa la.

That sounds like a pretty crappy meal. Might as well just eat it straight from the can if you like tomatoes so much.

She/he asked for sides for chicken. Stewed tomatoes are delicious, low calorie and a perfect side for chicken.

I guess so, although you could probably cook your chicken in a can of tomatoes for a better result.

Sauté some vegetables in bacon fat. Anything green. Or roast some halved brussels sprouts in bacon fat. Something like that. You just need some fucking vegetables. Butter and salt them to make them taste good.

My second side would be mashed potatoes. Usually I will do this combination when I fry chicken cutlets. I'll generally scoop a hole in the potatoes and fill it with the tomatoes as sort of a gravy. You won't need to add butter since the tomatoes will pack enough if you season them. The potatoes will give you the fill factor you're looking for.

Thank you for youre actual useful answer.

I do like tomatoes and this soubds pretty good!

Bacon fat?
Huh...well ill give that a go.

My bf hates steamed/cooked veggies but i on the other hand can only eat them cooked. But in bacon fat might sound better to my bf haha thanks for the tip

baked potatoes are always awesome
i like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream

frozen sliced carrots (or just about any other bagged frozen vegetable) tossed in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and then spread on a baking sheet and place into a 425 degree oven until they brown up a bit

Nice! Id definitetly try to win my bf over with the tomatoes. Im sure he doesnt like tomatoes much but those are certainly something i can cook and enjoy

I feel like id be making the carrots for myself haha. Bf likes them raw but i can only eat them cooked

Also yogurt instead of sour cream?
Sounds so interesting.

Once i made "faux" mashed potatoes with cauliflower. They werent terrible but they got more bland the more i ate them.
I want to try them again but i feel like i need to season it better

Mashed sweet potato is really tasty and filling, japanese yams are my favorite. You can add salt to make them savory, or cinnamon to bring out sweetness. I usually roast 6 of them and heat them up in the microwave during the week.

You can add veggies to your rice to make it more filling. I like to sauté soft veggies with some ghee and minced garlic, or steam up tougher veggies like broccoli, cabbage, or kale and then chop it up and toss with my grain or pasta. You can add a little bit of cheese or a sprinkle of seeds or nuts to give it some crunch.

rice and mushrooms

Greek yogurt nigga not just yogurt.

Please don't put regular yogurt on a baked potato.

Pro-tip if you're ultra lazy you can clean a potato, stab i t with a fork in multiple locations and then just cook it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes.

Cook the veggies on the grill. Just use some olive oil and salt and churn them in a basket.