ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969780/
youtube.com/watch?v=IDqMB6C1uys
youtube.com/watch?v=VzPD009qTN4
youtube.com/watch?v=KXWurAmtf78
youtube.com/watch?v=Rat1n34l_wI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

diet shouldn't really effect disease activity, get on them meds brah

t. crohnie

its been a tough year bro, my remicade antibodies fucked me over so they put me on prednisone, then on humira, and methotrexate. then said the pills went working so now im on injectable mtx. then they weaned me off the pred and i was so sick they put me in the hospital for 5 days for emergency steroid therapy. idk bro i was so happy in remission now im just depressed, and i cant even eat the foods i used to love

Lol are you a pharma shill. Diet certainly effects disease activity. That’s not to say everyone can get in remission through diet alone, but you’d have to be a complete and utter retard to think what you eat doesn’t affect your health

My advice would be start doing shit tons of research about diet, nutrition, supplementation, etc. And don’t be afraid to deviate from mainstream sources of information because there is a lot of really good knowledge that isn’t necessarily the most widely accepted thing but still has a lot of practical information. Just remember that there’s an unfathomable amount of stuff about the human body we don’t understand and the only way you are going to heal yourself is to find what specifically works for you. It’s always a lot more complicated than “take this pill” or “follow this diet” to heal your body. Different systems in your body interact in so many ways you would never imagine which can lead to weird things like hormone deficiency indirectly causing bowel inflammation.

Those generalized immunosuppresants have pretty middling efficacy. Have you looked into vedolizumab? Ask your doctor about it. Also, pay attention to etrolizumab, which is in Phase III trials right now. Crohn's isn't my specialty, but I think a lot of pretty promising biologics are being developed these days.

On the non-pharmaceutical side, I would try
>peppermint oil
There are a couple studies showing mild efficacy, and it probably won't hurt.
>fasting
Try doing a one-week water fast. There isn't that much hard science about this, but I would guess that fasting may be efficacious on a case-by-case basis with autoimmune disorders, for a variety of reasons which would take too long to explain.

Actually, just read this: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969780/

rev up those immunosuppressants

from remicade to humira, and now they want me on Stelara (ustekinuab) next. most people would love self-injecting over IVs but for me ivs were nice because you get poked, sit around and sleep for 2 hours and go home, but with self-inject YOU have to pull the trigger on your own needle

thanks man, ive been learning slowly what foods fuck me up the most, like I've been lactose intolerant for a while so i've nearly all dairy out, but for example certain candies no matter how little of it i have, will mess me up.

Ex-GF tried to kill herself because of her crohn's, or I was just that insufferable, could be either.

Vedolizumab is definitely something you should look into. I suppose it's pretty expensive though -- hopefully you have insurance.

>Vedolizumab
Ah entyvio. Wonder why my doctor hasnt brought that up yet. I'm seeing her on wednesday, Ill ask her thoughts

What you eat might not cause more inflammation, but eating the wrong things when you're already dealing with inflammation can fuck you up in other ways e.g. having a million little jagged pieces of undigested food tearing up your anus and causing stop and go bowel movements where you're alternating between badly constipated and suddenly having a torrent of pent up shit firing out (out if you're lucky, firing inwardly into some new abscess if you're not).
Also medicine isn't the perfect disease eliminating magic people imagine it is. Less potent medicines like 5ASA don't have much effect at all, prednisone will work for like a week and then begin to make everything much worse from there, and harder core drugs have side effects like Leukemia.

Pssstttt.....
>wim hof breathing method

Have you tried raw milk? Sometimes people are intolerant to milk because of the denatured proteins from pasteurization and they chalk it up to lactose intolerance. Also A2 milk works for a lot of people.

Filgotinib also looks really good -- their Phase II results were spectacular. I would definitely try to get into their Phase III trial.

Pretty amazing how good drugs are getting these days!

Id believe it but eating cheese tends to make me ill as well. which is why drinking almond/etc milk is easy but when im eating a meal made with butter or cream its harder to 'remove' the dairy from it

are you a clinical doctor? why do they all end in --ab or --ib. Dont they all essentially do the same thing?

I work in pharma. I don't know all the endings off the top of my head but I do know that

-ib = inhibitor
-nib = kinase inhibitor
-tinib = tyrosine kinase inhibitor
-mab = monoclonal antibody

Low dose naltrexone

Bpc157

Epicor

Fermented foods and high end probiotics
The low dose naltrexone can manage or totally cure your chrons, but you cant take it with anti immune system drugs

The odd thing is ldn works opposite of chrons pharma med yet still helps people that are sick of taking stuff like remicade

Find a doctor thst knows this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=IDqMB6C1uys
youtube.com/watch?v=VzPD009qTN4
youtube.com/watch?v=KXWurAmtf78

Get learnt

>but you’d have to be a complete and utter retard to think what you eat doesn’t affect your
health
>Fermented foods and high end probiotics

woke
youtube.com/watch?v=Rat1n34l_wI

cool thanks for the info

Just looked up bpc157 and I’m convinced. Ordered a bottle already

Are immunosuppresants safe to take for a long period of time? My brother is taking some for arthritis

They have risks, but the idea is the thing it's treating is probably bad enough to take those risks over.

Veeky Forums Food and Gastroenterology

m1 here, seems be some medical professionals here, in the process of diagnosing one of our clinic patients with chrones! interesting stff

eat banan

thanks for all that information that I already knew

I should come here more often

Smoke some dude weed. You'll feel better.

Hahaha holy shit that gif is gold

There was a kid at my Jewish summer camp when I was a preteen who never showered. He claimed he showered when we were asleep around 5-6am. Somehow in his long explanation the reason he wouldn't shower with us was that he had Crohn's disease and it irritated him to do so or something. I forget but there was some long story attached. So another kid stayed up one night and lo and behold the kid didn't shower. So the other kids made him shower. We had group showers, 4 kids to the shower and I think he was shy. He's a lawyer now. Really annoying kid.

As a result of that experience, I am very suspicious of people's digestive ailment claims unless they are elderly and I think some amount of the damage in some cases is imagined or self-wrought.

you wanna see my colonoscopy photos showing how real my crohns is? lol

1. fasting
2. try really strong probiotics
heavy doses of fish oil

What does him lying about taking showers at camp have to do with whether or not he had bowel disease? He probably didn't want to take showers and lied about taking them at night to get out of having them and at the same time also had crohns. It would make a lot more sense for him to use a condition he had as an excuse than for him to somehow know about crohns and use it as an excuse despite not having it.
Also basing your belief in the validity of an entire class of diseases on a single anecdote (which didn't necessarily even involve him faking a disease in the first place) is completely retarded.

Crohns patient here. Since a year ago i too started making antibodies for remicade and was taken off it after 10+ years. Tried humira and entyvio which didnt work, on stelara now and i dont know if it works. Also im on a elemental diet. Last bloodwork showed crp normal and white bloodcells also normal. Too bad this last year relly destroyed my asshole right now i have 2 seton placed, skin tags and hemoroids, also i had c diff and still on antibiotics for that, if it returns i will get fecal transplant. i have to shit every 3-4 hour. Remember getting ur d vitamin. Take care.

OP here, sorry to hear that man, I might be headed towards the same path as you. I was on remicade from 2006-2016 and i was fine, but this year it all fucked up and now i went from med to med, while still being on prednisone almost 9 months of out the year. i have bad skin tags now, but luckily no fistulas just a rather bad fissure. doc says 90% of the crohns is in the last 5cm of my large intestine aka rectal area which imo is an awful place to have it. she also says if humira and stelara doesnt work id have to get a temporary colestomy bag to divert waste from that area so it can heal. idk what temporary means but the idea of havign a stomach poop bag scares me to death

Enjoy your cancer.

I think I have lip herpes. What food should I avoid to not flare up?

could be worse bro, been in an out of hospital with crohns, been on pred, mtx, humira, the lot, didnt work, they whipped my large intestine out and now im shitting in a bag, also the crohns gave me a side order of enteropathic arthritis so all my joints are fucked, and the pred triggered a latent type 1 diabetes i didnt know i had, also im going deaf in one ear in a rare but related side condition.

still eating whatever the fuck i want though

>but with self-inject YOU have to pull the trigger on your own needle

for me stabbing myself with one of those injector pens wasnt a problem, but the massive nausea i got from methotrexate gave me a complete mental block, i couldnt pull the trigger on it because i was gagging just thinking about how sick i was gonna feel

I'm really worried I have crohns. My aunt has it, and for the last year or so I've had pretty bad abdominal pain and trouble eating, as well as a few other symptoms. What's the likelihood I have it? I just want the fucking pain to stop.

Fuck me I hated pred. It was exactly what I needed to get this shitter under control, but it basically turned my head into mush. I couldn't concentrate on anything for as long as I took the little red bastards.

My first attempt at immunosuppression was cyclosporin, which didn't really work as well as hoped. But was notable in that it comes in tapered waxy capsules the size of your thumb.
What I ended up with was azathioprine. That was 15 years ago, and it's still keeping things fairly quiet.
>lol cancer pills

>still eating whatever the fuck i want though
>been in an out of hospital with crohns
I wonder fucking why.

I would imagine an actual trained medical professional would provide you much more useful answers than a bunch of dickwaving faggots on the internet.
Seriously. If whatever it is is actually hurting, go to the doctor.

>I wonder fucking why.
not because of my diet, it was fine.

like 80+% of the population has it, so stop worrying about it and chill out. your diet is going to affect lip HSV way less than other things - lower stress, dont get sick, etc.

>Why live bros
Let's face it, OP: your life never offered an answer for this question.

damn

DAMN

what do you usually eat?

I was diagnosed 9 years ago and haven't eaten dairy or wheat since (remission btw). Get on my level faget. Also meds are for weak pussies who can't manage their diet.

>meds are for weak pussies who can't manage their diet
Why do you believe every other person on the planet with an intestinal autoimmune disorder works exactly the same way you do?
You don't even know if *you* work that way, for all you know you would've had the same long term results even if you did eat dairy and wheat during the past 9 years.

Im 25 and have gastritis, no H. Pylori. They said its stress. All the doctors said I'm too young to have it.
My chest hurts so fucking much on bad days.

What should I eat to get better?

Yeah having a more severe form of the disease sure means those people are "weak pussies".

How can crohn's even be real, like just smoke weed dude, haha.

Smoking protects again ulcerative colitis but is a risk factor for Crohns. Not sure what effect pure cannabis would have though.

Make sure you inject it, ignore reports of taking it orally, the oral version is different than whats available online The risk of cancer from bpc is if u have a tumor already it will grow faster because bpc promotes tissue healing and building. Anti immune system drgs like remicade will actually harm ur immune system to the point where a cancerous cell surviving is a higher risk, giving you cancer in the first place.

Moronic statement by pharma shill

start megadosing activa yogurt
worst case scenario you shit your lungs out, but probiotics are generally overlooked and could help you out

Why can’t you do orally? From what I’ve read it survives stomach acid.

does it cure UC?