Love sauerkraut

>love sauerkraut
>usually purchase the boar's head brand from my local grocer and eat it on its own
>notice that a big jar of ba tampte's new kraut is a tad cheaper
>buy it
>taste it
>sweet as fuck
>like almost pickle relish sweet

What can I do with this? I can't take the sweetness. Are there any soups/stews/salads I could put it in where the sweetness will be actually applicable? help me out guise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JE37e1eK2mY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe some Chinese style dish with sweet and sour sauce, except you leave out all or most of the sugar the Chinks put in that sauce and replace it with the Kraut?

You can fry some minced pork with paprica powder and some hot spices, add Kraut and some creme fraiche. roughly mix together, wala you got your self a nice snack which goes great to fried tatoes or on top of a dark grainy bun with thick butter.

t. Kraut

>jew kraut

OP try to track this down if you can find it. Best you'll ever taste.

Do my grandma proud and make polish style baked pork ribs. In a baking dish, make a bed of the kraut, washed and squeezed dry, shredded potato and onion, apple is good shredded in too, some white beans too if you like, I like southern style pre-seasoned. Chop up 5-6 cloves of garlic and sprinkle it all thoughout, salt and pepper to taste. For the meat layer on top you can use country ribs, pork steak, or some other pork cut that is best slow cooked. Make sure to brown all sides of the meat in a skillet. Layer a raw bacon strip on top of each rib and place on top of your veggie bed. Since your kraut is sweet, use some chicken stock instead of apple juice to deglaze your skillet and pour those juices into the baking dish, with just enough liquid to cover the bed veggies and just touching the meat. Cover with foil and bake for 1.5 hours. Uncover and bake till bacon is crisped up. I guarantee that sweetness will be overwhelmed with pure umami from slow cooked pork goodness.

Take the kraut, rinse it down some, pat dry, then use that. Might be less sweet that way. Could also try and add it to a dip of some kind. Cheesy pastrami dip or a russian dressing dip.

make your own. this way ya fu/ck/s

sounds slav as fuck

That sounds fucking delicious, saved

I would suggest getting some good corned beef and swiss cheese and making some Reubens.

I can't remember the taste of Russian dressing, but if its sweet, then leave it out in favor of your over-sweet sauerkraut.

Btw, also have some tangentially relevant retro-flash

youtube.com/watch?v=JE37e1eK2mY

Normally I strain the liquid out of kraut and add a bit of beer. Maybe it could remedy excessive sweetness. I don't think there would be any great improvement, but it may be worth trying.
Most Russian dressing is very sweet. I wouldn't omit it entirely, but I think your idea might be worthwhile. Just go with a bit less dressing. Should make it less messy to eat too.

>Get reminded of this falsh, post it, then watch it
God, I always forget how good old flash was.

On a second thought, it would probably be better placed in the oven.

It's actually a recommendation on the bag of Aldi bagged Sauerkraut from germany. But I had a slav granny and it kinda tastes similar to a quick'n'dirty bigosh (sauerkraut, paprica, pork sausages and different kind of meats slowly cooked till butterly soft).

>sweet as fuck
>like almost pickle relish sweet
Sorry to hear that, but at least you have saved one other user from buying bad kraut.

Not the OP, but I have seen that at my local market. I'll give it a shot.

I literally cannot get good sauerkraut in the US. Had it at Weinerschnitzel and Subway, it sucked. Went to a local German deli, it STILL tasted fucking gross. German food is just one of the foreign cuisines where I cannot find it good anywhere at all in America.

I hate this brand. I got some of their garlic dill pickles once and they tasted so strange and gross

Do you maybe have an ALDI anywhere in the vicinity?

>keep refrigerated
what's the fucking point then

Make it yourself, it's easy.

Move it to a bigger jar, add a good bit of fresh shredded white cabbage, vinegar, and water. Leave for 2 weeks. Should be more edible. The texture probably won't be perfect, but you could experiment by adding flavourings, like garlic, or mustard.

who the fuck eats sauerkraut on its own you madman

i do for a nice light snack sometimes

sauerkraut is just european kimchi

thoughts?

dump industrial vinegar in it. 10.5%

Its not that good, just make your own, saurkraut is so easy to make

can an eastern yuropean recommend a good sauerkraut brand from their home country? i have a yuge food store that imports all kinds of shit from all over the world and they might have it

try bubbies kraut.