How does Veeky Forums feel about duck?

How does Veeky Forums feel about duck?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=orange you glad i made crispy tofu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would rather have Dick desu

The only poultry worth cooking. The only poultry worth eating. Better than steak in every quantifiable metric.

>pressure cook for 1 hr with salt, orange, and ginger
>broiler til crispy

Beat this, I dare you.

literally love duck. it's so fucking good. I don't understand why chicken is even a thing

it's disgusting, greasy and bony, barely worth eating, there's a reason that most people eat chicken, the only people who eat duck are pretentious faggots

I'm about to make it for the first time. Are there any good side dishes to go with duck l'orange? My first instinct was vegetable tempura but the combination of fatty and deep fried seems overwhelming.

I was taken out to a fancy restaurant, $150-$200 a head fancy
on this particular night of the week they have their special surf n turf options. Many different cuts of steak to choose from along with lobster and what not

while everyone else went surf n turf I chose to instead have the local wild duck

I Feel I made the wrong choice

when the ting went quack quack quack, you man were duckin

>Beat this
One word: McChicken

I tried one bite and had to spit it out because the fatty texture disgusted me. Then I turned nine and went vegan :-)

Pretty good, it just gets bad really quickly if it gets cold.

Love it. Latest batch of duck confit made a few days before thanksgiving; going to make another the week after x-mas when ducks go on sale again.

Just roasted a stuffed one 2 days ago, 175 for 12 hours. In the process of making broth from the carcass right meow.

>hunters are pretentious faggots

Hmm I learned something new today

looks tasty user

The texture of duck grease is a turn off for me

>doesn't like duck fat.
What is wrong with you? Duck fat is a beautiful god like elixer good on potatoes to frying eggs. Plus you get duck cracklins.

They generally are, but their pretensions are not popularly regarded as pretentious.

does it come with HIV or did you add it yourself

That sticky texture when it isn't piping hot. Bleh
Same reason I don't like lamb, mutton, or goat when it isn't hot

Never had it before, But would try it if I could find a place that serves it around me.

Always get it for Christmas dinner with the family, it’s good senpai.

Pressure cook for a WHOLE HOUR?

The fuck have you been smoking? It'll be a fucking mousse on bones

low heat i assume

is this good duck? I don't cook it enough to know.

Heat is the source of the pressure. There is no low heat with pressure cookers.

Duck will be plenty salty and fatty, as well as a meaty umami flavor. orange adds sweet flavor.

You still need some acidic, bitterness, earthy and fresh flavors to completely round it out.

Noodles in a soy(=salt/earthy/bitter) based sauce will everything, finish it off with some spring onions for fresh/acidic and you'll be done.

>You still need some acidic, bitterness, earthy and fresh flavors to completely round it out.
Just tell him to make a root or cherry gastrique, leave the weeb shit to the weebs.

Indeed, you can raise the temp by keeping it under pressure. So you cook it faster than usually. If you can pressure a chicken in 15 minutes instead of 1hour and 15m, you're talking about 5X cooking time. So you're basically advocating cooking a duck for 5 hours.

google.com/search?q=orange you glad i made crispy tofu

:-)

>**turned gay

I literally have no idea what you just a said in the green text. Other part of the sentence was spot on though, acidic sauce with fresh herb/fruit is killer with a fatty piece of meat.

lmfao

you could have cooked duck slightly more. veggies look like ass