Eggnog

Yeah or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/57028/amazingly-good-eggnog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm drinking some right now with some rum mixed in. Its pretty good.

well since you asked, my personal opinion of 'nog is that i like that store-bought shit (THICC) and I hate any al/ck/ in it **EVEN THOUGH** I am al/ck/

Yes, warm with rum

this
I fucking love eggnog but I'd rather just drink shots with it than use it as a alcohol delivery system

I'd much rather just have buttered rum this season.

I like to mix it with milk, about 50/50.

I prefer my nog with one leg.

Good, but way too much fat for me

what's the best egg nog senpai? Literally post brands and shit. I got almond milk egg nog from whole foods, but it is thin as hell. Mixing it with rum is like drinking rum straight up.

so... yeah?

has anyone ever had this besides me?

it's basically egg nog without the odd (to some) taste. My mom would always buy it at Christmas

The only good nog is an egg nog.

Yeah, lots of booze and aged

what does eggnog actually taste like? I'm worried because I'm spending christmas with the in-laws and the super macho judgemental cunt dad drinks a lot of eggnog. As the only other man that'll be present, I feel obligated to drink with him.

I'm worried it'll make me sick or get me a really bad hangover. What do I expect?

It's fucking unfrozen ice cream.
Most people who don't like it are just picky eaters who are turned off by the thought of drinking eggs and have never actually tried it.

Have you ever had a mouthful of whipped cream? It tastes like that, with a little nutmeg, and presumably in your case, 15% ABV tops, IE, a glass of wine's equivalent in alcohol

Oh fuck I just remembered I have some 'nog lying around. Mixed that shit up with cashew milk, spiced rum, Jamaican allspice, and cinnamon. Maximum comf while watching Larry David antics.

Beta cuck, just drink the 'nog. It's good.
Essentially it's what this user said

>being intimidated by eggnog

>ice cream
>eggs

Plenty of ice creams use eggs as a stabilizer, you fucking retard.

I can't imagine a more soyboy response.

Yeah. From a glass that size, drink it in pursed lips sips; like you're trying to suck jello into your mouth through your top front teeth. And then do that squirrel like kisses motion to repeatedly slap your tongue with it.
It's got a strong taste, so it's best savored in small amounts.

why are straight edge faggots such faggots

Wat?

Any vegan eggnog recipes?

I like the eggnog from whole foods
It's the one that comes in a thick glass bottle.
It's has a very subtle mint after taste.

Making my first one this year, how long can I store the fucker in the fridge? Want to use that recipe:
allrecipes.com/recipe/57028/amazingly-good-eggnog/
Any ideas?

That's not egg nog, that's custard you fucking animal

Just had some for breakfast.
You can all add "anchovies, crispbread, and egg nog" to your list of unexpectedly amazing food combinations.

Storebought nog always has a weird chemical taste , can never stomach more than a sip of the stuff.

goddamn black people

I like to have a cup of one part nog, one part cold brewed coffee. Anyone else ever try this?

Eggnog itself tastes like melted vanilla ice cream with a texture that is thicker than heavy cream. Plus the flavor of whatever kind of booze he adds. Most people use rum. I like kahlua and vodka.

Call me a subhuman, but i absolutely hated the taste when my aunt brought it over from Germany.

Oy cunts just tried that shit, with brandy and normal one picked up from the store.
So what's up with this? The brandy tastes just like normal custard with hint of alck,
While the normal one is just like a custard with hint of nutmeg and cinnamon
Am I doing it right? What's make it a good 'nog?
Otherwise this shit is just custard milk.
Not that I don't enjoy it but it is not special imo.

Maybe if I used soy milk?

Eggnog isn't always alcoholic.

That said, eggnog is basically sweetened, thickened milk (e.g., higher fat content, use of vegetable gums or emulsifiers, etc), flavored with things like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and ginger.

I blend silken tofu with soy-milk and add a little canola oil, using soy lecithin as an emulsifier, before gently simmering it with cinnamon sticks, fresh grated ginger, whole cloves and grated nutmeg, straining and chilling.

>Eggnog isn't always alcoholic.

Wrong.
Eggnog is a cocktail and non-alcoholic storebought shit is the equivalent of bottled margarita mixer.

I don't trust people who dislike the nog, that shit is delicious and the taste of the holidays