REAL Fudge Recipe?

Does anyone have a good REAL fudge recipe? Everything I’m finding uses evaporated milk, regular milk, marshmallow fluff, or some other abomination (if not a mix of all of them).

I’m looking for a recipe based on heavy cream, butter, and sugar heated to softball stage and beaten until it loses its sheen.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170916040522/http://oldtymefudgerecipes.com
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just go to the store

bump for interest

Stores have fake fudge as well, some even including partially hydrogenated oils in place of butter. Not only is that trans fat but it tastes like crap. Plus, I’d like to make fudge as a gift.

Why go to the store when you can make it yourself? Buying premade is lame unless im in a hurry

I never use a recipe because I only make it for myself when I'm being a fat hedonist. But it sounds like you know how to make it. I pour a bunch of sugar into the pan and add enough milk/cream to cover it. Boil it to 235 or until it makes a gummy ball in a bowl of ice water. Take it off the heat and throw in a pile of chocolate and a few knobs of butter and salt. Keep stirring. If I want the texture to be nice I will dump it into my mixer and let it mix on lowish speed for about 5 minutes before pressing it into a lightly greased pan.

If you know how to identify soft ball stage you don't really need a specific recipe imo. The only thing that would fuck it up is adding way to much chocolate. You can adjust the amount of chocolate or use peanut butter instead of chocolate to taste. Peanut butter or almond butter fudge are actually my favorites

I used to use a site called old tyme fudge recipes, but it's apparently down. web archive has a copy of it though.

web.archive.org/web/20170916040522/http://oldtymefudgerecipes.com

wanna know my secret?
its my famous fudge
thats my secret.... my famous fudge

Give recipe

You ever made fudge?

2c cane sugar
1c whipping cream/double cream
1/2c butter
2oz baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat sugar, cream, butter and chocolate until everything melts and dissolves into each other. Increase heat to high and bring to boil then let bubble away until it reaches around 235F. Remove from heat and drop in vanilla extract then let mixture cool to a bout 110-115F then beat the shit out of it with a sturdy wooden spoon until it gets dull. Spread mixture evenly and chill until firm.

this sounds like the beginning of a shitty monty python sketch
what's the secret tho

THIS!! thank you so much!!! This is what I was looking for!!

No problem bud, have fun makin fudge.

Oh yeah, do you stir while the mixture is coming to a boil? Constantly? Frequently? Or not at all?

Don't stir it or agitate it much or you'll get crystals and then grainy fudge. If before the boiling stage you get crystals on the side of the pan you can use a pastry brush with some water and clean it up. Basic bitch mode is to just put some corn syrup or invert sugar to prevent it but who wants to do that?

This looks good too! Thank you!!!

Ok, great, thank you again!! I’d take a touch of corn syrup over some of those other things but I am looking for the closest to classic/premium. You have been a fantastic help!

Just made this tonight weird you made this thread,

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup ghiradhelli cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbs unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp corn syrup
Begin by using melted butter and covering the sides and bottom of your pan, you'll continously baste the sides with butter using a pastry brush as the sugar crystals accumulate to prevent graniness
Heat milk vanilla extract and corn syrup slightly in a pan then incorporate cocoa powder and sugar, bring this mixture to a boil over a medium high heat; use a candy thermometer which you've brought to temp in a pot of boiling water to check that the fudge has risen to 238 degrees farenheit. pour the fudge mixture over 2 tbsp of butter without scraping the sides or bottom and allow it to cool to 110 degrees, about 1 hour. When the fudge reaches 110 beat the sheen out of it and pour into a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Set in the fridge to get set and you're good to go. Btw the corn syrup prevents sugar crystlaization and allows for smooth creamy fudge easier.

>chocolate fudge
Disgusting.

I'm gonna be making polish fudge this season so don't be an uppity nigger over preferences.

Thank you so very much!! This sounds great too, but I’m not sure what you mean by “pour the fudge mixture over 2tbsp of butter”? You butter the pot, cook the fudge in the pot - is it actually 4tbsp of butter then?

Fudge is crystallized sugar, fat, and (sometimes) cacao. Literally. That’s it.

IDK why you’re being such an asshat with “muh pure ingredients.” Honestly you should probably kill yoursrlf.

What is the difference?

It's firm on the outside and gooey on the inside. polish friend got me interested in them so i figured i'd try making them.

If you would argue that Crisco, sugar syrup, and cocoa powder (or not) tastes nearly identical to real fudge then either you have never had real fudge, or you have no tastebuds, or both.

Well I don’t agree with you about chocolate fudge, if you would like to offer a recipe for another flavor I would certainly take it.

If I ever meet you IRL I will rape you in your anus until it ruptures and you die of sepsis you raging faggot.

Thank you, I will have to check into that. It sounds interesting. If you do try it and it turns out anywhere close to how it should, you should post pictures!! I’d be very curious to see it. Curious now if they are all the same flavors too (vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, etc) or some crazy flavors like lavender or orange or something.

Why not in my pussy?

The lack of fecal matter would make septic shock highly unlikely

Can do.

so you just lightly brush the sides of the pot with butter, and then as it boils you brush to prevent sugar crystalization (which creates graniness) you only add butter to the recipe when you pour the heated chocolate/milk mixture over the 2 tbsp and let it cool

Oh ok, thank you for clarifying!!

So you are determined to kill me by sepsis? Can you just knife me in the face instead? I’m not sure what I did to enrage you in the first place.

Lizard Space Wizards did it.

Good stuff user

t. Alex Jones

That site is good for a base fudge recipe. I like how they mix so many different things though. Makes me want to try rose or lavender flavored fudge.

I’ve had lavender flavored ice cream and lavender tea before, both are great.